Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Useless Facts about anything - Page 13 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Useless Facts about anything

gghc87

Researchers have 12 trained pigeons to look at photos of breast tissue biopsies with ducts stained one colour and blood vessels another and indicate whethere there are cancerous tumours present.  Each pigeon has about 85% accuracy and multiple answers across the whole group had 99% accuracy.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• 2 weeks later...

Not quite "useless facts" but fun all the same is a book called    "What If?" by Randall Munroe, 2014. 

It  tries to sensibly answer lots of stupid questions like "what if everyone in the USA jumped - would there be an earthquake in China?" or "how long until Facebook has more dead people than living?"

To be fair, most of the answers are based in semi-fact/science and result in death of everyone involved (usually the human race) And this includes the first question above!! But not for the reason you might first expect.

Oh, and to follow on the elephant pseudo-fact, 

As you walk along a flat road, approx 3-4x your body weight is applied through each of your kneecaps at each step.  Walk downstairs and that goes up to 10x. Thats why they crunch, old guys.

However, the red kangaroo, despite its leaping and jumping prowess, lacks a bony kneecap. (although perhaps that makes sense given the above facts)

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

We realised this today, if somebody told me I wouldn't believe it.

We live in Norfolk, today we took our oldest daughter back to Newcastle Upon Tyne for her second year at university.

More than a quarter of the journey was in Norfolk.

• 4 weeks later...

10 x More people die of Diarrheal issues in the UK than of Terrorism.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 4 weeks later...

I lay my clothes out every night as I am so organised, but I don't have a chair or bedside table so lay them out on the floor. Wendy (Who gets up first) invariably kicks them into a pile as they are "In the way".....yes honey a pair of pants, joggers and trainers is blocking the 20ft bedroom. 

Should I continue to tell her off or understand that anything of mine is in the way yet all her shit is there by necessity?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

A Black Bears heartbeat can slow to just 8 beats a minute in Winter.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

@Kimbers, I'd just get a chair, but make sure it's out of Wendys way. 😉

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

On 12/11/2018 at 16:00, Kimbers said:

I lay my clothes out every night as I am so organised, but I don't have a chair or bedside table so lay them out on the floor. Wendy (Who gets up first) invariably kicks them into a pile as they are "In the way".....yes honey a pair of pants, joggers and trainers is blocking the 20ft bedroom. 

Should I continue to tell her off or understand that anything of mine is in the way yet all her shit is there by necessity?

Sleep on the other side of the bed?

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Mexico

You must prove you are resident in the state you live and you are granted a driving license. There is no Driving Test.

(Trumps wall looks appealing after all)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

When he was a session musician, Rick Wakeman composed and performed the piano arrangement on Cat Steven's "Morning Has Broken" hit but the company did not pay him for 35 years.  His fee?  £9!

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• Gold FFM
On 26/11/2018 at 21:05, Bibs said:

A chef's hat has 100 pleats as there are 100 ways to cook an egg! 

Well I think I know 4 so what are the other 96?

They would be, scrambled, fried, poached and boiled.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)