Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Homelink - Page 3 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

50 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

You can always retrofit it if you like.

@mik I can assure you it weighs more than your fob. Colin woukd never approve....

Yes I would :P, saves routing around on the floor trying to find the damn remote when it's come flying out of the door pocket. 

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hold everything - what is this Homelink of which you speak???? I'd love that feature on my incoming Evora rather than fumbling around for the fob. I don't recall any mention of it when speccing my car.:no

I actually love the idea of homelink, but couldnt get it to work. I assumed it didnt function with the newer (last year or two) garage door remotes for some reason.  If it works for others, maybe I should persevere.

8 hours ago, DBG said:

I actually love the idea of homelink, but couldnt get it to work. I assumed it didnt function with the newer (last year or two) garage door remotes for some reason.  If it works for others, maybe I should persevere.

and this post will help too...

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Just stumbled on this old thread.  Is is possible to program the Homelink using the Evora's key fob?  I don't have a button to open the boot on the dash board and have to use my keyfob to open it.  Was thinking I could program the homelink unit to match the car's key fob and use that to open the boot? 

Assume you don't have the boot release button on the dash board then? Although from memory it only worked with the ignition on on the series 1.

My 400 boot release button works all the time and is found in the door pocket

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

yep no boot open button on the dash for me, I have a S1 NA Evora.  

24 minutes ago, internets said:

Although from memory it only worked with the ignition on on the series 1.

you talking about the homelink unit? 

No the dash boot release button only worked with the ignition from memory.

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

39 minutes ago, electro_boy said:

yep no boot open button on the dash for me, I have a S1 NA Evora.  

You must have a very early car. My 2011 S has a bootlid button on the dash (which, incidentally, I never use. I always use the keyfob, when I’m standing at the rear of the car). 

Because using a fob on your keyring is just so hard.  

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2012 at 13:18, tim_marra said:

I have a 20yr old garage door & remote. It programmed the homelink fine at the second attempt & now all works beautifully :smoke:

And having moved house since, at the new place the homelink is programmed by pressing a couple of buttons on the ceiling mounted garage door motor which allows the homelink to 'learn' (it may have a rolling code, but all explained in the car instructions). Works great :yes:

I found with the Homelink that it only worked if you approached the garage nose first. It wouldn't work if you reversed up and as I always reversed into the garage it was pretty useless. I also could never get it to communicate with the electric gates at work.

14 hours ago, DBG said:

See THIS THREAD

Homelink should be able to advise on compatibility with your door (which might save you the hours of swearing I went through). If there is an issue, their bridge will provide the solution. 😊

• Like 1

I really miss the homelink in my NA. As Andy says there’s a handy little dooket in the 410 to store a fob but the homelink is just plain better! Shame it’s not an option anymore, can’t add that much weight. 

Susprised no one has tried to retro fit it, No doubt someone on the US forum has.

Not that this is any help but my S1 Evora homelink refuses to work with my Liftmaster doors.  It pairs up with the remote fine (slow flashes), but when I put the doors into learn mode to do the second part of the pairing nothing happens.  And no joy at all with my Life/AES gates.  Filed under first world problems, I just use the fobs!

Thanks mate. My garage door is near new, so would likely use the secure rolling codes, meaning I'll probably need the bridge. I'll give it another shot this weekend, but don't think I'll bother purchasing the bridge if needed. 

Homelink modules (both non-USA and USA versions) and the Homelink headlining are listed in the Evora 400 parts list, so I assume that it's still an option on current cars. The parts aren't cheap though.

A132M0242F  or A132M0243F 

B132V1313J

On my 400 I've got a key fob (one of those emergency seat belt cutter / window breaker things) hanging between my legs, off the steering column adustment lever. That would be a good place to keep a small remote control fob. Things are always falling out of the shallow door pockets on the 400.

• 4 years later...

i found that these instructions worked with the exception of step 4, i found that holding the door fob button worked, whereas pressing and releasing repeatedly didn't work. 
after 9 months i now have working homelink... yay

On 25/06/2011 at 09:45, Bibs said:

This?

post-1-0-41780800-1308991554_thumb.jpg

• Like 1