Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Caturday... - Page 13 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Caturday...

Bibs

Our Maine Coon, Morgan, is now 11 months old and a mere 5.2 kg.  We call her the cub, as kitten doesn't do her justice.  A real character and great company, although rather too talkative at times.

Mogs@11months.thumb.jpg.92431365f0b6e4d1cea2980db478a8f1.jpg

• Like 2

Went and visited my Brother a few days ago, he has a Bengal*. All was fine, I was getting attention as usual (Benji doesn't object to an extra slave to wait on him), he came and sat on my lap, he gave the dog the signs to keep away as the human was his, he was purring. I then took off my jacket and placed it beside me. Suddenly the jacket was under attack, and when I went to move the jacket away, so was I under attack. The only thing we could think of was that my jacket had the scent of my cat on it, and it was fine as long as it was being worn by the person he considered part of the family.

Anyway, Bengals can fly, not far, but it starts with them biting the arm of human, then like a vampire they take off into the air.

* I think of Bengals as having certain characteristics, including the pattern, but also long body, long limbs, slim features. His only has the pattern, oh and the aggression to interlopers.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, SteveO... said:

Our Maine Coon, Morgan, is now 11 months old and a mere 5.2 kg.  We call her the cub, as kitten doesn't do her justice.  A real character and great company, although rather too talkative at times.

Mogs@11months.thumb.jpg.92431365f0b6e4d1cea2980db478a8f1.jpg

Wait until you get two that talk to each other at 3am.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh goody, we have the Toby fan club part 2.

You know how neutering male cats makes them less aggressive and territorial etc, well it either didn't work on ours or he'd have been a right little so and so, because he is one of the dominant cats around here, and a certain little female cat (obviously not spayed) has noticed this. So, a few months ago we had this female making early morning calls (think Romeo & Juliet balcony scene except the male is on the first floor and female on the ground). While she was making these visits, there was a little kitten following her about. Now a few months later, we're getting visits (c 4am) from said little kitten, and lots of rolling about on the ground.

It's like some sort of following of a boyband. They just don't seem to realise he's of no use to them, and he's getting really annoyed, more cats on his turf.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm now even more confused by my cat's actions. He's a ginger tom, and he's one that helps form the generalisation about them (tattered ears to back that up). Nearby cats and dog venture into his territory, and they get different responses with no obvious logic based on place in the hierarchy.

Male Labrador, our cat will actively go and greet it on the road.

Female Poodle (not miniature / toy), the owner as to carry it as it's a quivering wreck if it's near our cat. Used to chase our cat, nut he explained to it why that's a bad idea.

Female grey cat, it asks/ demands food of humans. He'll actively attempt to frustrate her, but not fight. He'll get in her way, he'll walk to the food that we've just given her. He'll chase but not attempt to catch her.

White tom, he'll fight tooth and claw. It will try and fight our cat to get into our house.

Female black. This evening he sat at the doorway, and watched it walk to his food and eat. I happened to pass by and it ran, but I gave it some food outdoors, to stop it taking his, he sat less than 2 feet away as it walked to get the food. His only reaction was to move to rub against my leg.

I'd love to know how creatures get into / out of his favor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Painterdave said:

Ann cat 17

image.jpeg

Sorry using the Naff  iPhone only part of the message are coming through

Ah, that’s what the problem is. I thought for one moment that the cat was doing the posts for you.

Margate Exotics.

• 5 months later...

Bet you can't wait, they look gorgeous.

The boy looks like our Monty. Technically he's a moggy but we're pretty sure he has some Maine Coon in him. You can't see it so much in this photo but his tail is particularly spectacular, like a huge squirrel!

IMG_0601.thumb.JPG.11189269b156898955f8c84fa98941bd.JPG

• Like 2

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Gold FFM

Lots of fellow cats owners here.

This is our pair of regular moggies, Rusty in the foreground and Smudge behind.

_ffDhcJT8Tg_tTJkNHkD5pr8Jwc4m7L0Qj41Lnpb

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

Out little Persian, Jemima. 
She is about 7 months old in this picture. Great little cat. Follows us everywhere and can even play fetch! She is great fun. A fantastic and loving personality. I was never a cat person until we got her. Couldn’t imagine the house without her now. 

B9DD7ED2-E2D9-4F35-9100-98878D63E7B7.jpeg