Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Jacking points - Page 3 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Jacking points

• Gold FFM
4 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:I had my wife's RR evoque 2 sets done at south west wheel repairs on the matford estate - not far from the driving test place....

Funnily enough that’s where I took them. Did a good job - £80 a wheel 

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 minute ago, mayevora said:

Funnily enough that’s where I took them. Did a good job - £80 a wheel 

I had also used them for a set of jeep rims that a local mobile service would not touch.

I got them to give me the details of the TPMS sensors to see if I can find any compatible ones for another set of rims.  They also suggested that the stems are a standard sort of thing so I have ordered one lotus transmitter to see if they can then fit a stem to it. I now have 4 spare cup 2 tyres and one pair of evora 400 new front rims that i got cheap from ebay. Don't really want to pay over 1k for each rear 10.5j rim.

• Like 1

As an aside is there a preferred position for axle stands front and rear?  Thanks.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

I've identified that the blue low profile jacks used as Hethel are Clarke 1.25 tonne jobbies.

https://www.clarketooling.co.uk/product/clarke-ctj1250ab-1-25-tonne-aluminium-racing-jack/

@philcool do you know what brand the red 25 tonne low profile jacks are in your photo?

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

• Gold FFM

Smashing! Thanks both for the info. :thumbup:

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

• 2 years later...

Hi. I've read a few posts on this subject and can see the jacking points. 

However I'm wanting to jack one side of the car and leave it on axle stands a few days and wondered how best to do this. I appreciate if I use a rear jack point that will lift the whole side so I can put a stand under the front corner but where do you put a stand under the rear, ( if the jack is currently on the jacking point? )

Thanks for any suggestions 

Thanks and had read that but still couldn't see the answer re how you get a front and rear axle stand in place on the same side? I could put one under the front and leave the rear on the jack but not ideal for a few days..?

You can jack the rear lift point and place a stand under the front lift point. Then, if you have a second floor jack, you can place it under the rear tire (which would already be up in the air) with a small board and jack the rear tire to remove the first jack and replace with a jack stand.

Just make sure you are doing it on level ground with the other side chocked. And, obviously do not go under the vehicle until it is fully supported on the stands.

Before I bought my 4 post lift, that is how I would get my Evora on 4 jack stands using the appropriate lift points.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

After several years of deliberation I bought one of these a few months back when they were on sale for £130 delivered. They are discounted again - not quite as keenly at £144 - but might be of interest to someone, so I thought I'd post here. (Link might not work after this discount ends).

I wanted 3 tonne capacity for our other cars, and whilst the saddle height on this one isn't the lowest you will see, the body thickens more gradually towards the handle than some others, so it fits under the Evora no problem, and is able to reach in far enough to get to the front jacking pad. It's a double-pump design, but both pumps act on the down-stroke (as opposed to up and down strokes creating lift).

No affiliation - public service announcement only.

3T SGS Low Profile Jack

spacer.pngspacer.png