Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos - Page 107 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

“I’m too fat to wear a seatbelt and so are my wife and kids”.

”I don’t know how to put it on.”

”The Government will use it to track where I go.”

”I don’t need to wear a seatbelt: I’m double vaccinated.”

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bazza 907 said:

I didn't either but finally something just clicked

Are you related to Jeremy Vine

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Not a Lotus (I think) but should work with one of the early light racecars!

k-bigpic.jpg

I wouldn't want to be the one driving it on there though! And driving the Landie would surely be an event as well, with the narrow track and high center of gravity.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

On 14/09/2021 at 13:02, Bibs said:

Sounds rubbish but goes well! 

Bit of a cheat to have a big GPS map of the Green Hell in your face while driving it. Kind of takes away some of the drama, a bit like having a rallye copilot at your side to announce the next corner. I'd like to see what the battery level looked like after a hot lap and if there's enough juice left for another. The big question mark for me with EV cars on track is braking performance which is optimized for regeneration. Looking forward to the Evija getting it's day, hopefully Lotus will take advantage.

On 13/09/2021 at 20:26, mayevora said:

3D3B1678-9280-4499-9C50-A6B668EE86BB.jpeg

Funny how some forms of control are easily swallowed by the masses but others meet a lot of resistance. You could easily draw up a similar meme for speed limiters

For the record, I always wear my seatbelt, but don't think it should be mandatory. It's a personal decision about your own safety, unlikely to affect others. So (in my view) it should be mandatory equipment in all vehicles so everyone has the personal choice to use it or not.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

If the person sat behind you is not wearing a seatbelt they could quite easily crush you in an accident. Through the windscreen injuries are pretty horrendous if not fatal. Some of the reasons why it was made mandatory. If it wasn't mandatory I would still be wearing one. It probably affects the emergency services that have to sweep up the mess. The cost to society would also be pretty horrendous having to cover the repair costs and benefits paid to those that had self-injured.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't want to turn this into a discussion (there's enough of that around, for me TLF is a place to relax as well as find info), but would like to add my 2cents:

- totally agree about the person behind you, but again that's a personal choice in that you can ask them or even require it if they want to ride with you. Same goes for poorly secured cargo. I've seen many offroad incidents where a piece of heavy recovery equipment was carelessly thrown in the back and became a projectile as the car bounced around. Luckily nothing worse than a broken windshield but a very real risk.
- valid point about emergency services having to clean up the mess, one might add other drivers (at fault or not) involved in an incident
- not sure about the cost to society, as cold as it may sound a fatality typically leads to less costs than a severe injury. You'd need detailed data about fatalities and severity of injuries with or without seatbelts to do the math.

As said, I do wear my seatbelt! But I don't like the (current) need to protect the population from everything that could possibly happen through a multitude of rules and warnings, instead of relying on common sense (even if seems all but common). 'caution, hot!' on a coffee machine springs to mind...

Filip