Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos - Page 93 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Maybe silly question but: Is anyone of the opinion that someone buys a porsche or a Lotus (or an even more expensive car)  because a "vlogger" supports a car? (maybe I am too old for this time?)

It might be another thing if you are interested in a car and - as addition - watch a vid with car testing content (same in a way as you read a car mag test) but a "the car is so loud, so great, so exclusive"....blah blah vid shouls not be relevant for buying a car

• Gold FFM

It builds a picture @Snoopy1969. A single review makes little difference it's an informative point for someone who is already interested in buying and probably is pretty set on what they want to buy, a consistent stream of positive content from influencers about your brand brings the brand to top of mind for buyers, getting in at the point before they are thinking of changing car and starting to align their thinking that maybe they need better handling in their life. If all the influencers are saying 'ZOMG, this car totally aligns with how I live and makes me so much cooler because it handles so well and sounds and looks great and the quality is so much better than I thought' then folks start thinking, hey maybe what I want a car that makes me feel like that...

Then they start looking and when they start looking their thinking is now stemming from your brand and that gives you a massive head start in winning in the 'features' wars.

• Like 1

“influencer

Someone with lack of intelligence and a lot of free time, followed by tons of idiots on some social network, usually instagram. "Influencers" are called so because their opinion is worth something only to primates with IQ lower than room temperature, therefore those primates tend to follow influencer's actions without thinking about it.”

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

“Influencers” that are successful are basically very good and what they do and work hard so credit to them for making it happen. I know I couldn’t (and I am also not their public).

People don’t buy a car because of what influencers or newspapers are recommending but because of how they feel about it. Brand therefore is important. As a starting point of wanting something, you need to know it exist, then it is likely you need reassurance that some other people will like it.

As we all know, Lotus products are really not known so building an overall picture by increased exposure is important. And it need to be sustained so “influencers” need to be part of it and Ian much cheaper than most other form of ad. Now they need to step up product placement as well.

.....I would like to see a vid containing an influencer writing to lotus customer services ........as my last experience was to get just "no" response

(ok, the auto reply 

@@@@@@@@@@@@@q

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Lotus Cars Customer Services. Your inquiry is important to us and we endeavour to respond within 2 working days.

We are working under the Covid-19 Government advice so there may be further delay in our response.

Please note that our normal operating hours are as follows:

Monday                      0800-1700 GMT

Tuesday                      0800-1700 GMT

Wednesday                0800-1700 GMT

Thursday                    0800-1700 GMT

Friday                         0800-1200 GMT

Kind Regards,

Lotus Customer Services

@@@@@

appeared but nothing more since the beginning of June 2020......(don´t know what is going on but that is def not a way a "customer relationship" should be managed in my eyes...)

With that sort of "service" you will need a lot of influencers ..........

@Bibs many thanks, highly appreciated, but the issue was solved in the meantime by the local Lotus service point  (with a lot of hassle for them and me but solved in the end ...)

I wanted to stress the fact that not answering is not a good idea at all, esp if there is a customer who bought his car in the more "deeper" times of 2012 (production shutdown) and always has been in good faith relating Lotus as a company

• Like 1

I saw a news item that someone in New York left his BMW parked by a fire hydrant for four days. Of course, there was a fire across the street with this result:

BMW Hose.jpeg

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

• Gold FFM

Sam (Seen Through Glass) still hasn't produced any content on the Evora despite lots of videos from his trip going up. He'll probably do a quick wrap up in a week or so. 'Oh yeah and the Lotus was nice' before handing the keys back.

I hope Lotus are careful to ensure their influencers actually do something helpful when they give them a car...

Think he had to cut his trip short because of the quarantining of people coming back from France

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

On 19/08/2020 at 06:04, TdM said:

Sam (Seen Through Glass) still hasn't produced any content on the Evora despite lots of videos from his trip going up. He'll probably do a quick wrap up in a week or so. 'Oh yeah and the Lotus was nice' before handing the keys back.

I hope Lotus are careful to ensure their influencers actually do something helpful when they give them a car...

I hate this term influencer lol.  But I suspect for those non hobbiest types that's probably an accurate label.

I personally dont know how any reviewer can get in a Lotus and not appreciate it as a superior Driving machine,  having said that I suspect he will provide a solid reccomend.

I've never watched him myself (I dont watch any youtubers, due to time), but I'd be surprised to find one give a negative review 

• Like 1

More importantly, if on here have they "fessed up" yet?

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way.