Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos - Page 150 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos

Might not have had to if somebody’s aim had been better. 
(& that isn’t a support for an assassination attempt BTW - just an observation) He is a lucky lad.  Must be very a sobering thought! 

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

On 11/07/2024 at 19:56, Bibs said:

New Capri gets a wtf from me! 

FB_IMG_1720724142620.jpg

I saw it at Goodwood yesterday. An over-enthusiastic Ford woman latched on to me, extolling its virtues before she got both barrels. Apparently the 3/4 window is evocative of the original Capri design.

Mr. Ford - just call it something else, eh? Crapi sounds good to me.

On 11/07/2024 at 19:56, Bibs said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
3 minutes ago, mcdonaa said:

The Czinger 21C uses the same tech to AI design the strongest/optimal shape for suspension, brake and chassis components.

https://www.czinger.com/model-21c

The car under the skin almost looks skeletal...aping an organic structure rather than man made. It's very odd to look at!

Lots of people attribute AI to their latest and greatest products but topology optimisation (TO) doesn't use AI (i.e. neural nets). The biggest issue with TO is that it will naturally create geometries that can only be 3D printed. Metal 3D printing is not cheap! There are ways to constrain a TO so that it creates geometries tailored for a specific manufacturing method such as 5-axis milling and such options are beginning to become available in commercial CAE tools.

• Love 1

• Gold FFM

Interesting indeed. Czinger are certainly jumping on the AI bandwagon and attributing the design to that...

"The 21C is the world’s most technologically advanced hypercar. From the AI-driven design software used to engineer it to the patented alloys its structures are printed in..."

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Everyone expects 'AI' to be the panacea for everything so anything with AI is obviously better. I suppose if you play fast and loose with the definition of AI one could argue that any type simulation is both artificial and is intelligent, but that's cheating :) 

• Haha 1

AI - the in buzz words or expression. 6 months to a year ago the average person had never heard of it. Now everything is suddenly “AI designed” as it is trendy and will supposedly sell. 

The other day I saw an advert for something completely cheap tat and crap and thought to myself AI could be the designers initials and advert technically couldn’t be challenged. “Alastair Ingram Designed” 🫢

• Haha 2

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• 2 weeks later...

I could give it a good home in the Elan +2 😉 

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

I got a JPS matchbook, signed by MJK, thanks to Kimbers. I usually put that on the dash if we're at a car meet, just to add a little touch. 🙂 An actual pack of fags would be even better.

• Haha 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 2 weeks later...