Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos - Page 147 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos

Some of the listing in the parts manual have (AC) after them! 

The idea of the 918 was that it was a super compact twin turbo V8 that Lotus could sell but they were a little too late to market with it which is why it isn't in more cars. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Randomly came up on my YouTube feed

On 24/05/2024 at 13:11, Bibs said:

Some of the listing in the parts manual have (AC) after them! 

The idea of the 918 was that it was a super compact twin turbo V8 that Lotus could sell but they were a little too late to market with it which is why it isn't in more cars. 

Not only late, but only 350bhp from a twin turbo V8 was not that impressive. Not much more than the tried and tested cheap Rover V8 that was so popular as a compact power source. I'd like to think if it had been around 500bhp, as originally intended, it would have gotten a lot more spotlight. And maybe then the Esprit would have survived even longer as well.

As for the dashlights, we are moving in that direction, these days most warning lights can be summarised as 'take me to your stealer'. They only need a separate indication of how much lubricant to bring to make it somewhat less painful. 😄

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Don't forget the 918 was limited to 350 in the Esprit V8 due the limitations of the Renault gearbox. IIRC Renault had done as much as they could and a new gearbox to fit would have been too expensive. Even then torque is limited in 1st and 2nd by the ECU (mine still broke in my first V8 at a 70 mph cruise though...)

In the Elise GT1 which used the 918 in it's first incarnation it pushed out 550.

Bit of a wash out today at the Pendle Powerfest. But still some nice cats. Only my Esprit S1 and an Europa flying the flag for Lotus. 

IMG_2118.jpeg

IMG_2116.jpeg

IMG_2112.jpeg

As always loads of people around the Eaprit as opposed to the Aston and the Lambo. (Nice though the Aston was)! 

• Like 2

Exactly, but Lotus could hardly be expected to offer a 550bhp version to third parties while their own Esprit needed to be limited at 350bhp.

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Just to be clear, Pendle Powerfest is held in the Nelson and Colne college car park on the weekend when the college is closed. So the car park was used by the organisers for the car show. I was directed to park in the disabled bay as I presume was the Aston and the Lambo.  The rest of the cars used the rest of the car park but has plenty of space to ‘spread out’ and was not restricted to being between the lines. 

IMG_2115.jpeg

That Bond Bug brings back many memories.
My first car back in 1971 & ridiculously priced these days for a decent example.

I would be interested in any Elise s1 'stuff', I have an 111s.

• Like 1

Regards, Geek

Geek squad 3.jpg

S1 Elise, 340R and 50000th Lotus please 🙂

Especially anything featuring Ruby, the prototype Elise. 

Justin 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bibs said:

Apparantly they're quite easy to roll :lol:

@Mike Kimberley may have spoken a word or two about this! 

For a 70’s 3 wheeler it handled not too badly. Never rolled it but did corner on 2 wheels 3-4 times 🙄. Also a right giggle in the snow 😉

After 3 years, with a short liaison with a Beach Buggy, I progressed in to one of the original Clan Crusaders (which I believe had a Lotus connection 🤔)

This guy got wrong sighted by a bike going slowly

https://www.facebook.com/100001628756909/videos/3713647812253496/

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

On 28/05/2024 at 16:41, Kimbers said:

I have been going through my collection of Lotus Memorabilia, which has lost out in recent years to other collections I have going.

I especially have too much in the way of paper memorabilia and wondered if anyone would be interested in me putting it for sale on here instead of Ebay?

I was thinking those of you with a Lotus would love the original launch brochure, colour swatches, some even have old Computer discs and promo pics with them.

Looking at this huge stack I have everything from Original and Stevens Esprit through to M100, Sunbeam, Elise mainly S1 launch stuff, Exige etc. 

So would anyone be interested? If so I will put them on. Have sold some in the past and they make on average £15-50 depending on the rarity and model...... and if MJK has signed them :)

Any early Elise S2 content?

I believe so I'll check and start putting some on next week.

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

21 hours ago, Kimbers said:

This guy got wrong sighted by a bike going slowly

https://www.facebook.com/100001628756909/videos/3713647812253496/

Fortunately he landed on a parked car and was ok, as in he lived.
I'm a big motor bike fan and watch MotoGP, WSB and BSB but I just can't watch more than about 10 minutes of the TT as it's terrifying!

Edited by Nick Sticks
Spelling
  • Confused 1

As a motorcyclist for over 40 years, I have massive respect for anyone who competes at the IOM TT races. The speed is absolutely insane and at times they are only inches from immovable objects. 

A childhood friend of mine lost his brother to the circuit back in 2000. 

:) 

• Like 1

It's getting there......

We have a customer who has just gone out to the TT. He has been to everyone since 1974. Back then they were lapping in around 20mins. Now it is around 16mins.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350