Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos - Page 73 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos

• 2 weeks later...

The dead reckoning navigation system is a hoot Chris ;)

Saw this yesterday. Do like the way the rear valance has been removed and the exhaust box lifted up out of the way to make the transmission a feature, but the lights just say 'I wish I had a Ferrari' if you ask me...

IMG_5047.PNG

• Confused 1

• Gold FFM
7 hours ago, GTK said:

The dead reckoning navigation system is a hoot Chris ;)

Saw this yesterday. Do like the way the rear valance has been removed and the exhaust box lifted up out of the way to make the transmission a feature, but the lights just say 'I wish I had a Ferrari' if you ask me...

IMG_5047.PNG

I like it George, tidy apart from the random self tappers, and you wouldn't say to a man with a standard S1 "it's because you wish you had a Fiat.

Whether we like or not, our beautifully designed Esprits are let down in certain design aspects (such as the rear lights) by borrowing from other cars, and as such were often tarred with the kit-car brush. We had futuristic styling, had a little more thought gone into the finishing touches we may have seen Ferrari owners putting Esprit rear clusters on their GTB's. 😂

Fair enough dude, back in the day it may have been more obvious that the S1’s had the Italian tail lights, but the average person wouldn’t have a clue now. I think the S1’s lights are one of its best features, and the S2’s one of its worst.

Wont  be changing mine though... it’s is what it is 😉

• Like 1

Patriotism has been the grease used to advance the path of many an agenda in human history. It tends to leave a residue. The Union Flag may not be outside as many homes as the United States Flag (there are many in Northern Ireland) but it’s just as prolific in fashion, on cars and in art.

Yes, I don't think it's a good thing that you see so many Union flags outside protestant NI homes. You don't get that in the rest of the UK. 

But it seems like Americans are trying too hard to prove their patriotism. I think this phenomenon basically started after 9/11 and now no-one's brave enough to reverse it, without facing a community backlash. Odd.

Edited by LotusLeftLotusRight

Wonder if that car still has lotus lump in it,   looking at the picture, they have changed the postion of the rear quarter glass  and probably made it out of perspex and fitted them  at an angle to let more air in the engine bay, 

Early esprits with the rear valance deleted always look cool :)   I am never keen on aftermarket  round lights fitted to the G car,  as i feel  the rectangle rear lights keep in tune with the angles on the car,  just wish lotus has recessed them more than plonk on the sd1 lights, but i can live with them  :P

A

Great picture Bibs,  I think that was the one in a video i posted last week on the early lotus F1 years,  I showed Collin Chapman saying the livery stickers needed to chnged on the side doors of the trailer to still show the John player large decal when the side door is open on the trailer :)   The best colour scheme and livery ever,  looks fantastic on cars,bikes and  even trucks :thumbup:

• Like 1

A

• 2 weeks later...