Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 115 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

dd0.png

(actually the Esprit is not so dirty but the Elan ... Well it has been my daily for a few months because my real daily needed a little TLC to be MOTted :whistle: — Hehe, Lotus actually came to the rescue of a good old Nissan! I still managed to dodge the salt on the road and almost all the rain as we are more or less locked down anyway ...)

Edited by Giniw

13 hours ago, Bibs said:

Honte à toi

I almost feel guilty Bibs....honest....

• Haha 1

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

Mine got her first wash of the year last week. Of course the next day it was raining again... I certainly did enjoy the drives in the sun, feels like spring! She'd been used all through winter, except for the week we actually got some snow. I don't mind the snow, but hate the horrible salt and it just makes more sense to use the Range Rover, never having to worry about being able to drive off and a lot less worries about other people and their (lack of) driving skills.

Filip

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

Looks really great Giz - let's see anymore around Singapore... I hope to get out there again for work when we can travel again... 🙂

1 hour ago, skiing said:

Looks really great Giz - let's see anymore around Singapore... I hope to get out there again for work when we can travel again... 🙂

Thanks Henry. If that ever happens again, make sure you look me up mate.

Ad initium

29 minutes ago, 910Esprit said:

Looks great Giz, but liked the yellow too.   NB is that the Mobil pegasus logo?   Seem to remember him gracing our petrol pumps many years ago.

Thanks Steve. Yes it is the Esso Mobile Pegasus. It’s a bit of a reference to old days. Besides the Union Jack that’s the only ‘non standard’ item in the car. The yellow looked ok in photos only. In reality it was a poor paint job, a non-lotus color and with incorrect color coded bumpers. It was pretty awful close up. So in essence, I’m really happy with the new look. The general public reactions also confirms it. 

• Like 1

Ad initium

• Gold FFM

I wonder how long it has been off the road. Certainly going to need a good going over before they think about starting it. I clocked it has the RC injectors in one of the shots, so its had some money spent on it at some point.

Was it my eyes deceiving me or was the binnacle fascia made of plywood, or are all SE's like that?

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

I WANT him to try & start it, so that we will have video evidence that cam belts need to be replaced ON SCHEDULE.

🤡  🤑  😄

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

Would be a good deal just for engine/gearbox and other spares. But a shame to let what seemed like a nice (and running!) car go to waste...

• Like 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

On 10/03/2021 at 17:19, exeterjeep said:

I think we know up who owns that one. 

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
On 05/03/2021 at 17:07, 910Esprit said:

I watched that.  The cambelt looked scarily loose.  Wonder if it still has 16 straight valves

Unlikely based on the most recent video 😬

• Like 1

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)