Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Amazon Prime/Netflix/Disney Thread - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Amazon Prime/Netflix/Disney Thread

ChrisJ

Hmm.. first dodgy experience with Amazon Prime today.

Ordered a phone case for my wife's new phone view Prime for delivery to a locker across the road from us. Delivered today, received a bar of soap.

Oh bugger, OK let's return it. Go thought the process, no option to return it via the locker, have to go off and find a Hermes drop off or a Post Office - which is a pain compared to walking across the road, which is what I have done every other time I've returned something (when I've made the cockup on an order).

Go on to the Live chat to ask someone why I can't return the item which was "fulfilled" by Amazon and delivered by Amazon to an Amazon locker. Eventually told that a phone case wasn't eligible to be returned via a locker, even though I wasn't returning a phone case :( They couldn't supply me with a list of items eligible/ineligible for return via the locker - so a bit pissed off.

Anyway - will return it via the Post Office across from work when I go back after recovering from the flu(ish) thing I am suffering from, and will look at alternative websites for purchasing now - already saved £12 on the case via ebay.

• 11 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thought this was worth an update;

• The Expanse Series 5 has been released (last episode today, so you can binge watch it). This is a great series, I'm watching AGAIN from series 1 (3rd time)
  • The Man in the High Castle has now ended, thought the whole series was brilliant.
  • Ghost in the Shell in currently on Amazon - Esprit content - also static Excel.
  • I went off Vikings once the main character was killed off, so I have a few series to watch still.
  • Goliath series 1 - brilliant, 2 - OK, 3 - not got past episode 1.
  • Sneaky Pete as for Goliath, series 1 - brilliant, series 2 - stuck on episode 1.
  • Ray Donovan - went to pay per view, so only watched the series that came with Prime originally - shame, I really enjoyed it - but not £20+ an series worth.
  • Outlander - interesting, have watched a couple of series.
  • Lucifer - Enjoyable
  • Bosch - I think this is tied with the Expanse as the best series on Prime, next one is the last unfortunately.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
On 06/01/2020 at 18:18, Spinney said:

Started watching the new James May prog, ‘Our Man in Japan’ this afternoon. Very entertaining! 👍

This was quite good, though, I felt that they said they weren't going to do a generic look at Japan... and then sort of did.

I tend to find Netflix is a better watch than Prime but I have both and there are good things on both 'channels'.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finishd Patriot and thought it was really good.

NOC (non official covert) agent suffering PTSD is given another job which quickly goes sideways. This follows his ic=ncreasing decent into depression as he just has to keep pushing through each hurdle.

Very darkly funny. Reminded me of In Bruges and Fargo. Much darker than I would expect for anything to come form USA with some laugh out loud moments.

Highly recommended.

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, RobinB5 said:

the 2 series of Succession are absolutely brilliant!  

Completely agree. 🙂

It's getting there......

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

There’s a Prime film available called Jolt. Not really worth watching but there’s a car chase scene, where the lead character steals a McLaren and complains that it’s a “stick shift” aka manual gearbox and shows a 3 pedal footwell. I can take a lot of Hollywood BS, but I switched it off after that! This is the car concerned.

CTgaM4n.jpg

• 2 months later...

Screw the Game of Throne Prequel! This will excite any Fantasy fan! Based on Robert Jordans Wheel of Time Series. I can't wait!!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

• 3 months later...

After Life 3 - Half way through and meh so far which is a shame as the first 2 series were excellent.

Generation Kill is an excellent observation of the US Marines invading Iraq, similar kind of idea to Jarheads but really well filmed and what appears could be an honest insight to the life of the man on the ground during the war.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Give it a go by all means but Gervais has jumped the shark I think and is just trying to be very offensive because that's what he wants to be known for. I'd like to think it picks up later in the series but I'm not sure we'll bother to be honest from now. 

After Life - just starting this from series 1. First episode, it seems to revisit 'Extras' - which is fine as I liked the set-ups and pay-offs in that show.

I can see the joke wearing thin though. It was wise to stop 'Extras' at two series plus one special. 

Justin

Reconnected with Apple TV recently and they genuinely have some good product on there!

So far I have rewatched Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman in the Long Way Round (2004), Long Way Down (2007) and the New "Long Way Up". Makes me ache for my bike back and am seriously looking at a trip myself.

Saturday Night I watched "Greyhound". After 20 mins I was thinking....MEH!

Unfortunately I nearly died after pretty much holding my breath through the rest of the movie! Brilliant, as you would expect from Tom Hanks.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

Just finished 'After Life' this morning. The last episode was very moving, and I think Ricky Gervais has matured as an actor.

Yes, there were some cringeworthy/offensive moments in E3, but I persevered, and as a result I'd give it 9/10.

Margate Exotics.

Thought I'd put this here rather than start a new thread.

Amazon U-turns on decision to scrap Visa credit cards in UK (yahoo.com)

I did think that this might happen.

• Gold FFM

After binge watching Jericho recently, finishing afterlife the weekend - I’ve now decided I should see what all the fuss is about over peaky blinders.

Only here once

On 17/01/2022 at 17:11, Chillidoggy said:

Just finished 'After Life' this morning. The last episode was very moving, and I think Ricky Gervais has matured as an actor.

Persevered based on this and yes, the last episode was very good and a fitting ending to the series. Still think the rest was a little too full on at times.