Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Dyno results : please show yours ! - Page 7 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Dyno results : please show yours !

1 hour ago, alias23 said:

Have you ordered your Li setup yet?

Yes Ecu is out, waiting for them to finalize the airbox bracket, 345 and 350 have slightly different bracket, as the airbox was developed on the 350 they are finishing the 345 bracket right now. So in the next 10 days hopefully I should be able to refit the Ecu with the airbox.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 hours ago, chumaxa said:

Yes Ecu is out, waiting for them to finalize the airbox bracket, 345 and 350 have slightly different bracket, as the airbox was developed on the 350 they are finishing the 345 bracket right now. So in the next 10 days hopefully I should be able to refit the Ecu with the airbox.

Ahhh makes sense... is your car at Dans now? Getting a little refresh?!

www.alias23.com

7 hours ago, chumaxa said:

Just remap + air induction ? Looks like a very good result ! It does not even drop before limiter, impressive. An other example that you do not need more hardware change to get there ?

Those numbers aren’t that surprised with a new, high flow (presumably ITG based) intake. 

The OEM intake is probably the single largest restrictor in the OEM system. (For the Evora, the intake was originally off a RAV4!) Contrary to popular belief, the OEM headers (with integral cats) aren’t actually that restrictive. The 430 cars (both Evora and Exige) still use the same Toyota parts as the original cars. 

• 1 year later...

I'll cover this more on my build thread but for completeness here is my dyno from today at Litchfield Motors, wheels spinning at front (same speed as rear), standard engine and air box.

LM.thumb.jpg.ba098e3ff499608816e96d50e32e6bb7.jpg

www.alias23.com

Imran, Nice curve and power from a standard engine 👍

Anyway, while I'm here, here is mine. Interesting to note that most 380 dyno curves I saw at KT showed the torque dip between 2750 and 4000 rpm. In fact there was a blue 380 being run up that showed the dip also. KT improved it from memory.

Dyno.JPG

• 8 months later...

I dynoed my 350s IPS, just with alias’s intake, the rest 100% stock 

355cv at 6500rpm

440Nm at 5000rpm

really happy with the result taking in account that based on the results I’ve seen in this forum the stock car usually has 325-330 cv

DC2D27BD-9B6A-4A80-9385-FFFE86AE9447.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Something really useful would be if someone who fitted a KT 460 kit and had the dyno made at their shop would then make a comparaison run on another dyno...

They seem to all have near 460 at their shop dyno...

I m not saying that the KT power kits do not make the expected difference... when fitting the 430 kit my car was running fast and it made 40 bhp more on the dyno...

But I m really questioning Lotus oem power output especially on the 380 versions...

My 380 cup was around 345 bhp on the dyno and 385 bhp with the KT 430 kit on the same dyno...

After that I fitted the KT 460 kit but did not had it on an independent dyno but for sure it was not feeling 75 bhp more... I would expect at best another 30 bhp

From @Nightfire post above see the torque curve dip on the 380, very strange but as KT told me is on all 380's they have seen. 

Also that 430 Cup torque curve shows around 420 Nm @ 2100 rpm, is the 430 dyno run from KT?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

here is my dyno test for my sport 380 from early 2017. As I knew the 380 always had power problems, I wanted to see how much was missing. In fact there was a problem when they tested it : the rev limiter was cutting at 6500 rev/min instead of 6800 :o there was also the big dip at 3000 rev/min.

So I asked them to contact Lotus for solving these problems, and they finally obtained a revised map for the ECU. It appeared to be quite better, but the curve is far from perfect. I don't know if the test was properly conducted (it does not look to even reach 6700/6800 rev/min), but I suppose the map is still criticisable. My exhaust is black.

Maybe I should do another dyno test, now the car has 11 000 km... But I doubt Lotus does have another revised map to provide.

Anyway I'm having fun with it, but it's a shame Lotus don't give attention to these problems and don't fine tune all cars...

banc_puissance.jpg

Edited by fjc27

5 hours ago, fjc27 said:

Hi

here is my dyno test for my sport 380 from early 2017. As I knew the 380 always had power problems, I wanted to see how much was missing. In fact there was a problem when they tested it : the rev limiter was cutting at 6500 rev/min instead of 6800 :o there was also the big dip at 3000 rev/min.

So I asked them to contact Lotus for solving these problems, and they finally obtained a revised map for the ECU. It appeared to be quite better, but the curve is far from perfect. I don't know if the test was properly conducted (it does not look to even reach 6700/6800 rev/min), but I suppose the map is still criticisable. My exhaust is black.

Maybe I should do another dyno test, now the car has 11 000 km... But I doubt Lotus does have another revised map to provide.

Anyway I'm having fun with it, but it's a shame Lotus don't give attention to these problems and don't fine tune all cars...

banc_puissance.jpg

The big dip at 3000rpm is very typical of 380’s. Komo ten can fix this 👍😆👍

It is ridiculous that 350s and 380s owners dyno their cars with the hope of losing the least amount of the cv advertised, in the garage I dynoed my car they told me they haven't seen a single Exige with the promised 345 cv (mine has Alias 23 intake), it is a 4WD dyno and they know what they do

if I buy a car with 345 cv I want 345 cv not 325 cv and if I buy a car with 375 cv I want 375 cv not 355 cv

Not good at all Lotus....

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
  • Gold FFM

Didnt the Tunguska Event cause the extinction of all the dino’s? :getmecoat:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)