Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
SOUP - My new series about my Series 2 - Page 5 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

SOUP - My new series about my Series 2

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Another great episode. Thanks, George. You might be amused to hear that I ordered a copy of "And the Revs keep rising" off abebooks.com last night. I look forward to reading it.

I also liked your bit about you loving having an ex-Lotus guy as a fan. Don't worry, I've been told that plenty of current Hethel employees enjoy watching your vids. Keep up the good work, please.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, oilmagnet477 said:

Alex  Ant :P

I had to go back and double check, leave it out :lol:

11 hours ago, Bibs said:

... a long one too! :D

It's my cross to bare :stuart: [expect a visit from a Dagenham dustbin.]

10 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

... I ordered a copy of "And the Revs keep rising" off abebooks.com last night. 

... I've been told that plenty of current Hethel employees enjoy watching your vids. Keep up the good work, please.

You won't regret it! Worth it for the accounts of his rapport with the big Italian names and his experiences at the factories.

About Hethel... :w00t: :blush: :unworthy:. I'm very happy, I've been smiling since I saw that! I was going to ask is your source reliable but that would put the image in my mind's eye in jeopardy. The one where Lotus employees eagerly attend the official Lotus staff cinema to watch SOUP and eat popcorn. Perfect lightweight popcorn. That's the way it happens, no spoilers thanks. Anyway I hope the bit about the compressive strength of ply is ok, it's actually quite a difficult topic to research while trying to make direct comparisons to metals.

11 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

I like how the various parts magically unbolt themselves. That must make restoring old cars much easier! <_<

Hahaha! The longer this thing goes the more the words I uttered early on; about the production not adding that much time to the labour, ring in my ears. Some days it's absolutely and massively time consuming, others it's a doddle and very exciting. Today on the Vogue I produced about 1.5mins of footage over four hours. I was just flattening out and preparing some metal on the rear that had gotten a bit mangled when I pried off spot welds. Seeing the steel straighten itself out without any external input made my day!

• Like 2

On 10/19/2017 at 07:58, GTK said:

I didn't. I was busy stalking and not buying another one (part stripped) in the UK. Looks like that's sold now, which is just as well as it was  risky and expensive and I might have been tempted to buy it when I really shouldn't. If when I buy something I at least want to know that it's all there...

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

I really really enjoy watching these George - and they totally inspire you to get off the sofa and do some work on the car... Most looking forwards to when you start to re-build the S2...

• Like 1

George, Love the series and your way of presenting. Not sure if I've missed one or two, but curious if you will return to the VW bus  or does that require going to Greece?

(Had an S2 Esprit, and now have a VW Westfalia.)  It's all interesting

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Bibs said:

:thumbsup:

20171112_134444.jpg

Well I thought Bibs would have been the hostess with the mostess , but not a cup of coffee or custard cream in sight.

On 18/11/2017 at 18:23, GTK said:

Had a lovely glass of water mate, don't I look like I needed it? Simon was a gent for having us his place is a nice place to be. The ghost chair haunts my nights though. 

There were Digestives, no one had them, left them all for me. You were a cheap guest George only water! Was fun though. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Watching now :D

George isn't one to push his Patreon, but folks, if you enjoy these videos please consider a small donation for each video for George. As you can imagine, tonnes and tonnes of work goes into each of these videos so it's only fair to say thanks. :thumbup:

https://www.patreon.com/gtkar

• Thanks 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.