Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Time to start explaining - Page 5 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Time to start explaining

• Gold FFM
41 minutes ago, C8RKH said:Looks lovely bazzer. Out of interest how much would a restored S4S go for these days?

I would expect in the current market - £30k is a realistic guide number. Of course this depends on many many variables. Myself - im not really bothered. I just want to get it back together and usable for me.

The S4 will unfortunately need to go once this ones together 

• Thanks 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Ooh - looking at new Tyres...... I can get a full matching set of kumhos again on an Esprit. My all time favourite Tyres - now just need to get her into one piece first

Only here once

Ok. Thanks @stephenwhyte.

@Barrykearley let me know when it's finished ;)

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Yeah yeah yeah......  till the next one.

Thought I might as well join the league of hairy chested medallion men. Those butt whipped pussies with their quiffs and +2's are starting to get to  me lol....

I do think the esprit suits the yellow so well....  good luck with the resto bud.

• Thanks 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Yeah yeah yeah......  till the next one.

Thought I might as well join the league of hairy chested medallion men. Those butt whipped pussies with their quiffs and +2's are starting to get to  me lol....

I do think the esprit suits the yellow so well....  good luck with the resto bud.

Agree - best colour for the S4s.....I loved mineB-)

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Engine was out for poor oil pressure and split coolers.

its been rebuilt with new shells and bearings etc - All looks to have been done nicely.

only time will tell frankly

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Ask James from SWLC, he took me around the parts department during the open day back in September, lots of wheels stashed away, he would probably Px too.

• Gold FFM

Tailgate removed. Two struts that are with it are different lengths - one has a well known suppliers label on it - it’s catagorically too short and not of adequate nm rating. Now thrown in a pile. Bits had a good hunt through - need to make a shopping list of new nuts and bolts.

Drivers side fuel tank now in. Nice new foam pads made from the remnants of the missus yoga mat.

Wood panel fitted - ecu fitted - side panels fitted - ram air mod done.

fuel breather up and over pipe - great - it’s heater hose and is rock hard. The vent thingy solenoid that goes to the charcoal canister is loose in a box - so need to get some pipe for that as well.  All other wires and pipes routed where they should be.

thats enough for this afternoon fettling. I’ve pulled the memcal out and taken a pic - sure the chips not original - taken a picture - but that’s on the iPhone and it’s cold so the battery is dead ....8E81A9B0-C247-40F0-9B60-A0754AAA6671.thumb.jpeg.b9701b1009e5eddfc992cc7c803c987f.jpeg

• Like 2

Only here once

@Barrykearley  No idea, I wonder if someone has erased the original EPROM and reprogrammed it. What's the BCC and the 8 digit GM part number (usually on it's own on the third line) on the casing label?

Edited by sailorbob
  • Thanks 1

• Gold FFM

I’ll need to go and look and take a picture of that. It’s says sport300 ecu or something similar on the label..... who knows what it is - I’ll freescan it once it’s connected to an engine

Only here once