Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Peoples’ reaction to your Evora - Page 53 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Peoples’ reaction to your Evora

Frimley111R

@Cdm2018 go back in 5 years, and with Lotus now firmly targeting Porsche drivers and behaving like Porsche in terms of product placement (£3k fountain pen for f@ck sake) then maybe the outcome will be different.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Driving around a corner, bunch of lads, around 11 or 12 I guess (rubbish with ages) shout out, "love your car mate, really cool"

I call back a thanks guys. They shoot back "give it a rev!" So I did, to much cheering and thumbs up.

• Like 1

Just been surveying a caravan motor home camp site ready for our first night next weekend in the new campervan 

got talking with a guy who had near same campervan as we getting , chatting about suspension changes he recommend to make , I mentioned I had a lotus Evora he replied campervan will never match the lotus but as a former test driver for lotus the VW transporter with upgraded suspension would be a decent ride to make the drive more pleasurable   

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finding first weekend aside, the Evora didn't get much attention at all. Very few turned heads, certainly less than our 1971 mini got and it turned fewer heads than my Sport 160 Elise (though the noise might have some bearing on that).

The first weekend though, was cringe. Two streets away a middle age man (I suspect he owns the M2 in the same place), stopped, crouched and gave a double thumbs up. Next day, in the high street area a similarly aged man stopped in his tracks, jaw agape and couldn't get his phone out to film fast enough (this is an area with plenty of Lambis, McLarens, Ferraris and the odd Maserati).

Later that same day I had a young guy in a C3 flash the headlights enthusiastically from behind, cut from the outside lane into an off ramp at the last second, tailgate, over take me and another car on a blind crest and then do laps of the next roundabout, first out the window, waiting for me to catch up. I wasn't playing so he rejoined the motorway at the next opportunity.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
On 17/10/2023 at 13:30, wooooody said:

I'm finding first weekend aside, the Evora didn't get much attention at all.  

Interesting. I find it's pretty constant. The cleaner it is the more I get, but living in an area rammed with expensive metal I can guarantee attention if I'm in the Evora. Even to the point it gets a bit risky as folks driving on the other side gawping sometimes drift across the dividing line.

Maybe it's a colour difference? White is rather bright.

• Like 1

On 08/10/2023 at 16:38, tim_marra said:

I bet the little sh!t reads EVO :lol:

That's a really big assumption these days. You know, assuming a kid can actually read anything.....

• Haha 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I do a physio sports exercise class early in the morning and I took the Evora as I go to coffee with with some other retired car guys,

As I got out of the car, An elderly lady with very dark glasses and her guide dog stopped and looked(?) at the car for some time. one of the oddest experiences I have had with the car

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...

We were queuing and moving slowly today on a dual carriageway up to a small accident at a roundabout, when my wife said that a young lad in a Scirocco in the next lane had given her the thumbs up and a nod of approval. 

He then decided to take a photo with his phone and drove straight into the back of the car in front of him.

We couldn't look and felt so bad for him.

• Love 1
  • Confused 1

I was parked in the NSW regional town of Boorowa. Taking down the screen shades to see guy oggling over the car. most impressed having not seen an EVORA he then proceeded to compare it to a Europa he'd driven years ago.

Then filling up in Parkes. a guy at the next bowser said I saw  new ones all covered in plastic, where I asked, Sydney on the back of a truck, I recognised yours by the wheel badges.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Some years ago I was hanging around in the garage, about to take the car out, when my neighbour’s son (probably ten at the time) came all the way into the garage (unexpectedly and unannounced) to show my car to his mates. They spent a good minute looking at it and walking around, to my astonishment and amusement.

• 2 weeks later...

@AD Fox I like your impromptu pics of peoples reactions. 

How many asked who made it or what it was?

• Haha 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!