Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Festival 2018 - Page 38 - Lotus 70th Anniversary Party @ Lotus Cars - 29th September 2018 - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

• Gold FFM
10 minutes ago, sailorbob said:

A big thanks to Bibs and everyone else who helped organise and make it such a fantastic day. Great to meet some of the forum regulars too.

Thanks too to chassis and structures designer Andy who was on his way home from Hethel when he saw us broken down after we travelled only 11 miles of the 113 mile journey and stopped to see if he could help. He took me back to his house to lend me some tools, then back to the car and finally came back a bit later to see if we had gotten the car fixed. Brilliant solidarity the brand brings out in people :thumbup:

Yep had that on a Porsche day..... oh hold on never owned a Porsche. 

34 minutes ago, Mrs_L said:

As everyone’s said, absolutely brilliant day all round, anyone know how many cars were parked on the track? I’d originally heard 500 but it looked way more than that!

According to a FB post from Lotus there were 700 apparently!

• Like 2

What an awesome day. Huge thanks to Bibs for getting this thing off the ground and working so hard to make it such a success. And to Geely for writing the cheque. A huge step up from the 60th and with Friday's announcement a sign of good things to come.

And extra thanks for sorting the weather and inviting me into the inner red badge sanctum Bibs. I thought our parade lap would be the usual follow the lead car, don't exceed 15mph, no overtaking and so on. Bloke with the flag said "4 Laps mate, go for it". Made my day even more awesome 😊

And now I find myself quoted in the EDP! It's not quite what I said, but hey, I'm in the local paper 😁

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/lotus-celebrates-70th-birthday-1-5716360

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

The weather looked brilliant. Fantastic to hear all the good stories. Wish I could have been there to meet a lot of you as well.

Maybe for the 71? Who knows?

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

12 hours ago, CocoPops said:

Fantastic day.

Great to meet people and put names to faces. Met Neil Turner of customer service game, what a thoroughly nice guy, clearly cares about Lotus and customers.

Looking forward to next year!!

Would love to see the drone pics too!

Did look out for you & @PaulCP all day, saw both of your cars but too many people...

• Gold FFM

Superb day - many thanks to Lotus and @Bibsfor the opportunity to nosey round the factory.

great to put some faces to names - it’s amazing how many folks you speak to over the phone but haven’t met before

• Like 2

Only here once

What a great day! I do hope the record attempt was successful, it was an amazing sight seeing so many Lotus bumper to bumper. 😲

Thanks to all for making this possible (Bibs but also Geely). My only regret is I didn't recognize many other forum members...

I also loved the banner with 'see you next year', hopefully many more great events to come.

Greetz,

Filip

• Like 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM
5 minutes ago, Escape said:

I also loved the banner with 'see you next year', hopefully many more great events to come

Never spotted that one 👍

sign of things to come maybe?

Only here once

2 hours ago, 2GOOD said:

Did look out for you & @PaulCP all day, saw both of your cars but too many people...

Same here Steve, we should have made prior arrangements to meet up. 

Came across a few I knew and Sue told me that someone said “Hi” as I walked past and I ignored him. Apologies to whoever it was 🙏, I was in a dream world, didn’t hear you and was walking towards the sun which was a bit blinding at times. ☀️

What a fantastic event.  Thanks for doing so much to make it happen Bibbo.  Thanks to Lotus for hosting so well and putting on a great day.  Thanks to everyone for turning up in some glorious machinery.  Well....just thanks really!  Was great seeing so many to say hello to and amazing how many more we missed!  

• Like 2

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

It all sounds like an absolutely fantastic day and i was very sorry to not have made it due to another commitment. 

Perhaps not universally interesting to all but yesterday at the Vmax 200 I managed to wring out over 183mph in a stock Exige, lack of weight being more important than outright power.

So while I am sure Geely will bring us exceptional new models let’s hope they still remain light weight and still be track orientated.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

I watched the video of 'All Lotus Cars Produced'. I must have been asleep as I didn't see an SE, S4, S4S, Sport 300 or a V8. Just me?

I was happy to see a photo above where I finally saw an S4. Palacio Purple possibly? in @rizla603104 post.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

28 minutes ago, ramjet said:

I watched the video of 'All Lotus Cars Produced'. I must have been asleep as I didn't see an SE, S4, S4S, Sport 300 or a V8. Just me?

I was happy to see a photo above where I finally saw an S4. Palacio Purple possibly? in @rizla603104 post.

It was indeed the purple nasty - in Palacio Purple. I was pleased to be fortunate enough to be behind a palacio purple M100