Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 228 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

3 hours ago, randomusername said:

Great feedback - thanks! I don't suppose you could PM me the reg could you, then I can look up the MOT history... 

BBC29F8E-E0B2-47D8-B285-30131C092A3F.thumb.jpeg.79642df7ecbd917d61d8c8825ee62f94.jpegcollection day 

Edited by Beady
  • Like 1

construction and property consultants : My company

On 14/12/2022 at 12:35, philnotts said:

Couple of new Evora's to market. The GT430 seems cheap?!

GT430 -  https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/13582645

Says sold now , but the details had not been updated to confirm what it really is.

I only know 1 GT430 sport in the UK,  one in light blue, and does not have a rear wing.

On 14/12/2022 at 13:43, randomusername said:

Hi,

Noobie first post here :) I'm idly considering an Evora after liking them for quite a while, and now being in the lucky position to be able to afford one.. I've been scouring the Pistonheads adverts and spotted this:

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/13962108

Black Evora 400 manual, just under 50K miles for £42,975

I'm pretty sure it was listed a few weeks ago as a private sale on PH for around the same price, snapped up by a dealer and then put back on for £47K ish and the price has dropped away since.

It's a bit of an outlier as it's the cheapest 400 by a long shot (about £10K less than the nearest lower mileage approved used one), but it's not going to be approved used and come with all that entails (Warranty etc), and an extra 30K miles wear and tear - but £10K is a pretty big saving to put aside for anything that needs doing...

Is it a car that's known on here? Unfortunately it's about 200 miles away so not really an easy trip to go and look at it in person..

Thanks!

Fairly sure i know a previous owner of that car i can out you intouch if you want, was a woman and she will have done a fair amount of miles in it 

6 minutes ago, thealastair34 said:

Fairly sure i know a previous owner of that car i can out you intouch if you want, was a woman and she will have done a fair amount of miles in it 

That'd be great if you could - Beady is one of the previous owners and has said it was a good car when he had it...

I'm hoping to go see it at the weekend, it looks like it's in to Lotus for it's 50K service next week, so I've asked the dealer if I can get them to independently do a PPI on it while they have it...

Not a great time of year to be selling sports cars really.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I've noticed very few manual Evora S for sale privately recently..I'm still considering one if the right car comes up but not much out there currently..

By contrast there seems to be a lot of higher spec/newer cars at dealers that are struggling to sell and I can only imagine prices will come under increasing pressure...Obviously its normal for things to slow in Winter and then pick up in Spring but it could be a long wait for some of them this time around what with the economic outlook, mortgage rates climbing, ULEZ zones, ageing model, new Emira etc etc..

I should imagine the temptation to drop prices to move stock/help cash flow is increasing especially if supply is greater than demand. They'll all sell at the right price but how long can the dealers hang on in the hope of getting the asking price..?

@Edmundo2 there are currently 29 Evora's on Pistonheads for sale - 1 GTE, 2 Stratton GTE#s, 8 GT410's, 9 400's and 9 S1's - assuming non have been sold.

It's hardly a smorgasbord of choice and trying to make any sense of prices with such small numbers is just nuts.

Some people are so picky re spec so there is only 1 car out there for them. Many people are looking for a max of three colours. Then it's the model, NA or S S1, 4xx or 410 etc. 

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Yes I appreciate people are picky..I just meant that there are quite a few cars that have been for sale for a long time..Maybe that's more normal than I realise and I'm only noticing it now that I'm looking to buy..? The other cars I'm considering are Cayman R and TVR T350 and so watching those too and have spoken to a couple of Porsche dealers.. The Black Cayman R at Ashgoods had £2k knocked of it last week...

Good to hear they are not effected by ULEZ..I live nowhere near a zone so haven't paid much attention to it but I think the market will be tough for a while so anything overpriced will hang around and may lead to prices dropping in general..

Edited by Edmundo2

• Gold FFM
55 minutes ago, Bruss said:

sounds like the complete production run. 😀

So how many have been sold in the UK vs the total production run? I'm sure I've seen somewhere it's about the 6000 mark worldwide? I've also seen that www.howmanyleft.com says about 900 taxed and sorned in the UK...that doesn't sound like many at all! 

@mcdonaayup, about a thousand UK Evora's sounds correct to me. Some years they only sold around 50 iirc.

The small print.