Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 234 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Edmundo2 said:

Yes I'm still looking but didn't fancy matt black. Both looked good..

Also the metallic black, 1 owner S SR, 15k miles car that was at Sytners with warranty etc dropped to £40k at the weekend but now disappeared so assume sold..

I'll keep searching for the right spec as not in a mad rush and will try to be patient.., ( not easy! )

Just bear in mind - your exact spec might not even exist - these are limited numbers vehicles not VWs 

• Like 1

Only here once

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I had a quote to ‘colour change’ wrap my 944 and from memory it was around £2.8k or just over £3k to include the door jambs, that was around 2 years ago.

• Thanks 1

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, internets said:

I had a quote to ‘colour change’ wrap my 944 and from memory it was around £2.8k or just over £3k to include the door jambs, that was around 2 years ago.

If you can get that car for 30k,I might wrap it twice, just for the fun of it.

• Like 1

Looked at my saved search from when I was looking 5 years ago 

there was 62 cars on autotrader today there’s 31 

I would struggle to buy an Evora today given my budget I had set myself which would have frustrated & depressed me in equal measures 

Yes I'm still looking but didn't fancy matt black. Both looked good..

Also the metallic black, 1 owner S SR, 15k miles car that was at Sytners with warranty etc dropped to £40k at the weekend but now disappeared so assume sold..

I'll keep searching for the right spec as not in a mad rush and will try to be patient.., ( not easy! )

The £30k looks like great value but I'm not one for wraps really, ( seen a few )..

I understand the low build numbers will mean limited choice but at this time of year/current landscape I'm OK with waiting..

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

FWIW After some digging it appears your car@mmhexeter is the B&C car based on the wheels.Also was the car that appeared in the Discovery how it was made video. 

71ECE436-8CEC-4ADE-9CD8-54E095D9DB91.thumb.jpeg.2169871abbb9836b2412fcd3362b4399.jpeg

The car mentioned by @eddietiv was owned by @snoboardr and named Dexter

D71D1687-71D9-4130-9381-01BF77DD3417.png.dc5671f6de8904c3b7fad83d570eb550.png

• Like 1

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

51 minutes ago, internets said:

FWIW After some digging it appears your car@mmhexeter is the B&C car based on the wheels.Also was the car that appeared in the Discovery how it was made video. 

71ECE436-8CEC-4ADE-9CD8-54E095D9DB91.thumb.jpeg.2169871abbb9836b2412fcd3362b4399.jpeg

The car mentioned by @eddietiv was owned by @snoboardr and named Dexter

D71D1687-71D9-4130-9381-01BF77DD3417.png.dc5671f6de8904c3b7fad83d570eb550.png

That's really interesting... Thanks v much for the info. It's genuinely fascinating to see this 'documented' history of it!

11 hours ago, BrianA said:

The matt black car is now listed as SOLD.  Pity as I was trying to get to see it tomorrow.....

The search continues

You just have to go for it when you see one, especially one that is so underpriced/undervalued. If you're not ready to move, forget it, you've missed it.

I can speak from experence.... a lovely Europa S that WillB had about 7 years ago and, more recently during lockdown, a lovely Evora from PJS which had 7 prospective buyers, 2 of whom offered £2k over price 🤔

The message is for anyone in the market, blink or deliberate too long, and its gone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jerzybondov said:

How long was the 30k matt black car on the market? A day, or two? Does suggest it was somewhat under market price!

I found the advert on PH just before midday yesterday, tried several times to make contact with seller and was only successful at 7 pm by which time someone (who was local) had already arranged to visit and was expected imminently.  Apparently phone had been on meltdown during the day....so yes, the price was particularly attractive - a reflection of the "marmite" nature of the colour?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BrianA said:

I found the advert on PH just before midday yesterday, tried several times to make contact with seller and was only successful at 7 pm by which time someone (who was local) had already arranged to visit and was expected imminently.  Apparently phone had been on meltdown during the day....so yes, the price was particularly attractive - a reflection of the "marmite" nature of the colour?

Both matt black cars were listed at about £5k below what you’d normally expect for a generic saleable colour (Stratton 2015 11k mile car at £40k I think?).

If you like matt black, however - then given that there were only 2(?) made from the factory then either of these were spectacular bargains. Hence quick sales - especially of the £30k car. When was the last time an 2012-on S was listed sub £30k? 🤔

Well you would think a true enthusiast would research the value of the car they are selling, perhaps these cars need a few k spending on them to reach their true value, true bargains are once in a blue moon, i live on the classifieds searching for that unicorn bargain car, and here i am still whiling away the hour's.

On 25/01/2023 at 08:30, jerzybondov said:

How long was the 30k matt black car on the market? A day, or two? Does suggest it was somewhat under market price!

New owner has posted on Pistonheads Evora forum, they've been after on of several years so sounds like it's gone to a new home and we won't see it back on the market for a while.

• Gold FFM

That 30k one was bats**t crazy pricing. They must have been under pressure to sell quickly or just hadn't been paying attention to values. Whoever got that bagged a bargain.

The one above reduced by 11k, that must be a game to try to get interest. No slight on the car or the seller but near 60k for that? unlikely in the opposite direction to the black one.