Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 268 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Not strictly true. For higher-value cars I don't personally feel comfortable with the possibility of being scammed, hence I do SOR with a dealer.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
9 hours ago, r3nault said:

Does CC stop the tyre kickers and time wasters? That'd be one potential advantage over selling privately, at least where I am. Advertise a car for 75k AUD and you are guaranteed to get 50% “I have 20k cash right now” and another 25% “is this still available” followed by no reply ever again. Dealing with bozos is a pain, especially on a performance car.

I believe people are encouraged to visit and view before placing bids....so essentially more time wasters.

To be honest, like Jep all my private sales have been incredibly easy. Granted, I don't list on places like AT, eBay, FB or otherwise, usually just forums and Pistonheads which helps filter out the wierdos. Also, selling unusual cars (as I usually do) means you don't attract the mainsteam goons who tend to cause trouble.

If I was selling an AMG, AudiRS or M BMW there is no chance I'd try to sell that privately. I've heard too many tales of the "Bro's" and "Bruv's" wanting test drives, innit.

That being said, I briefly owned an SLK55 AMG - when sold, the buyer and his wife turned up in a blacked out G55 with the loudest exhaust known to man. Both got out, head to toe in gold bling. He was a scary looking dude, I happened to be in the house on my own at the time and was genuinely concerned. Turns out, they were both two of the nicest people 😄 what did it for me, after agreeing to buy, he goes back to the car and - no word of a lie - drops a [i]burlap sack[/i] of cash on my dining table. It was like a scene from Snatch. Full of crisp notes, wrapped. Made for an interesting trip to the bank, I'll tell you that much.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, EGTE said:

Not strictly true. For higher-value cars I don't personally feel comfortable with the possibility of being scammed, hence I do SOR with a dealer.

TBH some of the stories I've heard of bodged SOR's with garages I'd probably prefer to risk the private sale 😄

You can do lots to protect yourself. I background check the car, person and everything about them when going into a sale. Where they work, social media, where they live, as much as I can to validate they're 'real' - in the day of the internet, it's not hard. Simiarly, I'm happy to send any prospective purchaser the same about me.

Add on instant bank transfers (in most cases) and you've got things covered.

I've saved, I reckon, well over £30k in the last 20 years buying/selling privately and have lots of interesting interactions to boot! Like the above....and the time I bought a car from an American Army base and got a 70L tank of SUL for about £5 😀

Well after selling my 410 Exige last summer I have had no luck in finding anything even remotely as interesting……..so I’ve started looking at the Evora.

These three have caught my eye and any views on them would be much appreciated.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202401185681246?sort=price-asc&advertising-location=at_cars&make=Lotus&model=Evora&page=2&postcode=Gl75rd&radius=1500&fromsra

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202312204947551?sort=price-asc&advertising-location=at_cars&make=Lotus&model=Evora&page=2&postcode=Gl75rd&radius=1500&fromsra

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202401105429958?sort=price-asc&advertising-location=at_cars&make=Lotus&model=Evora&page=2&postcode=Gl75rd&radius=1500&fromsra

I should add I’ve driven a manual Emira and while it’s a fine car I just felt it was missing that raw edge and soundtrack.

Edited by HXT

MOT Checker shows silver one is a NI car, I think it may have been serviced a bit late.  Personally, I prefer that colour/interior/wheel combi to the other two but that's subjective, I don't thin teh above would put me off but I'd want it a bit cheaper than they're asking.  

£45k one looks excellent value, red interior seems to be a bit Marmite, though.

£52k nice but looks pricey, obviously that reflects the v.low mileage but that's main dealer money.  Amazes me how much difference it makes to price, whether it's done 3k miles per year or, as that one, less than 1k it's still pretty low mileage.

Thanks,

I’ve been doing a bit of digging and the 52K low mileage one was only registered in 2022, although built in 2016!! Looks like it sat in the old NI dealership for most of its life.

Seems it was sold late last year and then quickly up for sale again which raises a bit of a red flag, although B & C carried out a service in Nov 23.

There has been coverage of this car earlier in this thread (I think), when it was still 'new' but sat around for years. As that dealer lost its dealership a few years ago

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MattyB said:

I believe people are encouraged to visit and view before placing bids....so essentially more time wasters.

To be honest, like Jep all my private sales have been incredibly easy. Granted, I don't list on places like AT, eBay, FB or otherwise, usually just forums and Pistonheads which helps filter out the wierdos. Also, selling unusual cars (as I usually do) means you don't attract the mainsteam goons who tend to cause trouble.

If I was selling an AMG, AudiRS or M BMW there is no chance I'd try to sell that privately. I've heard too many tales of the "Bro's" and "Bruv's" wanting test drives, innit.

That being said, I briefly owned an SLK55 AMG - when sold, the buyer and his wife turned up in a blacked out G55 with the loudest exhaust known to man. Both got out, head to toe in gold bling. He was a scary looking dude, I happened to be in the house on my own at the time and was genuinely concerned. Turns out, they were both two of the nicest people 😄 what did it for me, after agreeing to buy, he goes back to the car and - no word of a lie - drops a [i]burlap sack[/i] of cash on my dining table. It was like a scene from Snatch. Full of crisp notes, wrapped. Made for an interesting trip to the bank, I'll tell you that much.

I tried to view a car before bidding once on CC. They insisted I pay them their full commission before handing over the vendor's details, and the only way I'd get it back was if there was something objectively 'wrong' with the listing. i.e. you can't just view and say 'not for me'. So (in combination with some other bad (pushy) experiences) it's not a platform I'd use again quickly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

400 going through Manheim soon - looks interesting, nice clean MOT history but Grade4 isn't ideal. Anyone know this one? AU65 BYA. Manheim HQ isn't far from me...but unfortunately this on is in Shotts, near Glasgow. Further than I'm willing to travel just to have a look
😄

https://www.manheim.co.uk/search?Make[0]=LOTUS&IsKm=False

So this went up for auction yesterday, got taken down, and has now re-appeared? Suspect didn't make reserve. I don't suppose anyone has an acccount with Manheim?

So, I got the report. Quite a bit of work needed :( Condition suggests "used and abused" but very good SH and consistently clean MOT's.

Interior - Carpet ripped, both air vents broken, glove box broken, seats scuffed, bonnet release inoperative.
Exterior - "Poor repair" rippled finish on the following panels: Front Door L, Front Door R, Quarter Panel R, Rear Bumper, Front Bumper, Bonnet. Headlamp L Scuffed; Front screen chipped;
Other - Remote key broken. Puncture repair missing.

So all in...not great. Also 8 owners!

• Sad 1

On 10/03/2024 at 06:10, 570S said:

Hi all, just joined the forum. 

Had a recent look at this car if anyone knows it or its history?  

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202305177464247

It's been for sale for a while but is really tidy, I've not actually tested driven it, just wondered if it's a known car.?

Cheers 

I looked at this one, and the green one with Silverstone before settling on my red one - mine is a very similar spec to the one in the link (including the carbon 'diffuser'), but with red rather than yellow calipers, and with ~9k on the clock.  What ultimately swung it for me was that the car I got was much closer to me, and they were willing to come down more in price. 

While Motorsport Green is a lovely colour, the sums didn't stack up on the one Silverstone have as 1) I didn't want touring suspension (so that would need changing); and 2) I really wasn't keen on the black badges everywhere.  It would have meant spending several thousand straight off, and it didn't seem worth it.  The red also looks great, particularly with the wheels redone in gold 😎  

On 13/03/2024 at 09:22, HXT said:

Well after selling my 410 Exige last summer I have had no luck in finding anything even remotely as interesting……..so I’ve started looking at the Evora.

These three have caught my eye and any views on them would be much appreciated.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202401185681246?sort=price-asc&advertising-location=at_cars&make=Lotus&model=Evora&page=2&postcode=Gl75rd&radius=1500&fromsra

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202312204947551?sort=price-asc&advertising-location=at_cars&make=Lotus&model=Evora&page=2&postcode=Gl75rd&radius=1500&fromsra

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202401105429958?sort=price-asc&advertising-location=at_cars&make=Lotus&model=Evora&page=2&postcode=Gl75rd&radius=1500&fromsra

I should add I’ve driven a manual Emira and while it’s a fine car I just felt it was missing that raw edge and soundtrack.

£45k car was mine previously, traded in recently, no problems at all, feel free to message with any specific questions. 

• Like 1

The Olive Green GT430 at Lotus Silverstone has been for a sale for a while, just the colour or pricing holding it back? Looks like a nice one...... 

I would say the market, although personally I hate the seats - I'd have either wanted the carbon ones, or the ones with the red trim, the pure black makes the cabin very dull.

Everything is dropping right now, I've been looking at F430's and they've dropped quite a bit!  I think Tayside needs another F430 lol....

• Love 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Well, someone's bought it because it's now saying that the green GT430 is now reserved.

image.png.8ea88126af1936f4241e0684648c67c7.png

• Like 2

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

When I spoke about it to another Lotus dealer, they thought it was a bit too expensive  at 98 and would actually transact around 92. The former owner is a member on here.

On 18/03/2024 at 18:19, will_warne said:

The red also looks great, particularly with the wheels redone in gold 😎  

Hi Will, the red and gold combo sounds lovely 😜, could you please post some photo’s…..

Edited by Phillv6
Change post

The grey car that sold on collecting cars last week is back on the market through a dealer. Sold for £29k and being advertised at £34k now. 
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202403207796316?sort=most-recent&advertising-location=at_cars&make=Lotus&model=Evora&postcode=Cv23 9bu&fromsra