Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 278 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

24 minutes ago, Bling said:

GT410 non sport seems rare

@EGTE has one for sale it's currently with SWLC in Devon.

Thanks @exeterjeep - saw that but at that price, you can get an Emira with lower mileage and a Lotus warranty, hence my questions.

The Sport version at least has lots of carbon fibre which makes it a bit more special compared to an Emira but I am not sure what the non Sport has going for it over an Emira.

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

Better steering feel, more power, lighter than an Emira. Much, much rarer. Plus it's an Evora.

• Like 1

No denying the Emira looks great, and is probably better built than any Lotus before it, but to me it just didn’t feel ‘better’.

It didn’t feel ‘Lotus’ to me either. Not easy to describe how I felt about it tbh.

I don’t want an easy driving weekend car anymore, which I feel the Emira is and Lotus have done a great job of enticing virgin Lotus owners to the brand who want just that, but to me they’ve missed the best years of ‘analogue’ Lotus and will only know ‘digital’ Lotus.

That said, I hope it keeps the brand alive, even if it means electrification…

• Like 2

'....it makes every other roadster look just a little bit cissy...'

4 hours ago, C8RKH said:

The Emira is a great car. However, for the same money you can have a GT4. For the cost of a used Emira you could have a Boxster or Cayman 4.0 GTS. Those cars are direct competitors, and make compelling ownership propositions. Will be similar to daily drive, own and drive.

Based on points, a Pork will inevitably score more than a Lotus  :yes:

Interesting points from @scotty435 and @C8RKH- one comment though saying that the Evora is analogue compared to the Emira. I thought that all the underpinnings of the Emira were the same therefore what is less analogue in teh Emira ?

• Like 1

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

Tyres, wheels, hub carriers, dampers, springs, anti-roll bars, steering rack, steering column and steering wheel are different between the cars. Basically everything from the road to your hands has changed on the Emira.

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

On 26/04/2024 at 23:43, MattyB said:

£35,500+Fees (£38k) seems like really strong money for a 2+0 IPS which looks like it's not had a particularly easy life. That being said, I suspect the suspension is worth a pretty penny alone. Ohlins for the Evora are £8k!

So this:
https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2015-lotus-evora-400

Which previously "sold" for £38k but now reporting as "Unsold" (wonder why the buyer pulled out?) is now back up for sale a bit cheaper:

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/16757152

"Open to offers" so could make for a good buy if you're after one for a bit of track work too.

Having been on factory tour and speaking to staff about how the Evora was built in comparison to Emira, it is like day to night in jump in overall quality.

my 12 yr old Evora was getting a tad rough by 6 and I can’t see that an Emira in 10 years will be in state like a hand built Evora? If I had a couple of £1ks I would be easily spending of restoring the very worn interior & still holding back £2k for clutch replacement. 
My EVORA is in my local lotus garage and after 3 weeks I get it back minus £1k of work. 
would I exchange it for Emira probably not if I could go with 410 ? 

Evora market definitely seems constrained :D

Dad is looking for one.

Ideally £40-45k, last of the SportRacer SC or maybe first of the 400s.
He's looking for a bright colour (not black/white/grey).

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Anyone know anything about this SR?
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202310183123772

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel