Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 219 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Some colours particularly suit the black pack (white, red and yellow for example), but on blues I think it’s a matter of taste. I think lower black pack would be a safe choice, but I don’t think either way will make too much odds to resale or desirability. 

Edited by jerzybondov

36 minutes ago, Greido said:

Interesting chat around the black pack on aquamarine with oyster. I think it looks great and was considering updating mine but it seems generally consensus is that original is best.

Added to the earlier chat regarding the blue SR that’s for sale reverting the rear wing to standard, would I be de-valuing or making resale more difficult if I were to add the black pack to my aquamarine? My Evora currently looks completely original - Thoughts appreciated.

It’s your own car, so do what you feel, as it’s all personal preferences. If we all decided the same the world would be boring. 

just my 2 pence 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greido said:

Interesting chat around the black pack on aquamarine with oyster. I think it looks great and was considering updating mine but it seems generally consensus is that original is best.

Added to the earlier chat regarding the blue SR that’s for sale reverting the rear wing to standard, would I be de-valuing or making resale more difficult if I were to add the black pack to my aquamarine? My Evora currently looks completely original - Thoughts appreciated.

If it's done as a wrap it can always be taken off (carefully) later to revert to standard or to just the lower pack... Seriously thinking about that (the lower) as part of the winter jobs list for my white one... If only to make the job of cleaning up after TD easier as the rubber marks on the sills would be hidden !

I don't think it's worth spending too much time on the market impact of the cosmetic appearance of our cars...  They are pretty rare things and so if a buyer wants one, they will probably have to wait for the exact spec they want or compromise a little!  Mine (Aqua/Oyster) already had the side skirts in black, the forged wheels in anthracite and a set of particularly lovely yellow callipers which I think work really well with the wheel centres.  Overall, I really like the look but the black side skirts are making me think about lower black pack too.

I doubt I'll do it, as I have a bunch of other things to fix that are more impactful like a broken indicator and sprung airbag covers! (and my wife likes the existing look so that will probably drive the decision too 😁)

• Like 2

I think on a white Evora, the roof has to be black (a bit like mine), it blends beautifully into the sail panel and rear window:

20180929_093437.thumb.jpg.4e46314b88eb3fbd34f27e41fcd43720.jpg

That said, I am 100% in agreement that Aquamarine looks best without the black pack and silver wheels.  That's whats great about the Evora, it can do the GT thing but with a bit of black can also mix it with the supercar look.

On 14/09/2022 at 17:43, Dogrunner said:

I like the look of the grey GT 410 Sport at Caffyns. 2 owners, last one for about a year. Does anyone know the car? Perhaps the last owner is on here? Thanks in advance

Do you mean this one?

https://www.caffyns.co.uk/lotus/used-car-details/used-lotus-evora-35-v6-gt410-sport-2dr-coupe-grey-manual-petrol/id-976501813875213526/

• Gold FFM

2009 White Lotus Evora 3.5 V6 Euro 4 2dr for sale for £32,500 in FULHAM, HAMMERSMITH AND FULHAM (autotrader.co.uk)

I know this car (and the owner). It is a beauty and totally genuine. It has been faultless in the 6 months with the present owner and he has done 7000 miles in that time.

It is not my car and I have nothing to gain from the sale.

Justin

Looks nice. But it's white 🤔

For anyone wanting to view its past MOT history it's Y23 AMP despite it being blotted out in nearly all photo's (why do sellers do this? For me it's a turn off as it implies they want to hide something?)

Still, a lovely looking, well cared for car

No affiliation either

I think it's stonking value but perhaps I'm biased, as (a) I know the car, I've driven it and it is lovely (b) I adore white cars (c) I adore Evora NA. 

If I didn't have my own NA, I'd buy this one.

Justin 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jep said:

I think it's stonking value but perhaps I'm biased, as (a) I know the car, I've driven it and it is lovely (b) I adore white cars (c) I adore Evora NA. 

If I didn't have my own NA, I'd buy this one.

Justin 

Yep, it helps if you know the car I guess... and you like white! The Will Blackham one looks better value to me?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pete said:

Pete - that link doesn't work for me. I think it's the full stop at the end?

But this does..... www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/13923781

Nice looking car, but black's also a bugger to keep looking good and clean

Oh no, that doesn't work either 😐

Here we go. I think this works?

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/13923781

Edited by Rambo
Added further info.

I am not a white or black car fan but the white car will be better value for the money, as about 20k less miles which is normally about 4-5 years extra average driving Vs the black one. The black one is at a stage due to the mileage requiring a bit of wear and tear items replacing, eg handbrake cables, suspension and steering plus other wearing parts. The black one is starting to get drivers seat bolster wear. The white one has new tyres fitted and the car looks better in white with the black wheels and probably has less noticeable front clam stone rash. The gold stripes spoil the black car and not sure of the number of previous owners. So if I was buying I would pay the extra for the white one due to my Evora experience.     

• Like 2