Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 137 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

2 hours ago, jerzybondov said:

This car seems in much better condition than the £20k 100k mile car, nice options too. Worth what he’s asking for it all day if it checks out IMO

To be fair I think a few snaps taken on a mobile show absolutely nothing, in terms of a car’s true condition.   You have to eyeball it really.   With 90k on it I’d say it’s a £21k car at best.

That’s the issue at the moment took lots of photos and answered all the questions people have ask but they need to see it with lockdown until March there saying seem difficult to try and sell my Evora NA 2011 .

Over 46000 on the clock strange times .D2DDBEF5-C3E8-4B25-8C65-805B1C5A2A4A.thumb.jpeg.02aed391584f797c43eeeddc6fab0b9a.jpeg

5 hours ago, Daveb99 said:

To be fair I think a few snaps taken on a mobile show absolutely nothing, in terms of a car’s true condition.   You have to eyeball it really.   With 90k on it I’d say it’s a £21k car at best.

Agreed you always have to see it in person and get down and dirty, but there’s usually a few flags early doors if a car is likely to be a bit ratty. 

When I bought my car it never made onto the website as I was ringing around various dealers and just by pure luck the car came in a few days earlier. 
so they didn’t get time to get car ad and pictures sorted before I had called , the salesman sent me a quick video 20 mins after my call and I was happy with what I saw as back then 2017-18 cars were selling at a very good rate in the used market. 
I gave the dealer £200 deposit subject to actual inspection which I did a week later 

At what point did the exhaust button get removed from the new 410s? Is it only the 2020 models?

18 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

When new European noise regulations came into force. It can be reinstated easily enough though. 

Can we put it back in now that we've left?

Mine has one, so who cares :P

• Like 2

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Wonder if there will be  a big impact on Evora 400 values  when the new car comes, especially  the 16 plate 400's sitting at £50k ish and the 410gt values at £60k+. If the new car is from £55k it will be interesting depending  on how the new car compare with an Evora 

The S1 did not get a big hit from the introductions of the 400, so I don't expect a big hit now on the 400, and if we were to see one I do think it would then ripple down the range.

A lot depends on the pricing and spec of the new car of course. 2 seat only and that will be interesting as a lot of Evora owners DEMAND the +2 option so that may mean the prices stay firm.

It does feel that a lot of the speculation, even on here, a fan boys forum, is to talk the prices down.  The Evora is a great package and offers great value for money on the used car market, with very slow depreciation, and yet people still seem to constantly want to talk the prices down. Just an observation.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 21/01/2021 at 18:21, Colin P said:

Can we put it back in now that we've left?

Mine has one, so who cares :P

I do sometimes wonder what people think Brexit actually is ! (I'm sure your comment was in jest)

Vehicles are type approved and the UK is unlikely to ever drift far from existing EU type approval because it would cost a fortune to set up and achieve what exactly !

In addition the spec of the car is fixed to the approval at the time it is made, the same reason you can't remove your cat legally or remove the seatbelts.

Interestingly it seems UK new cars are now being delivered with a COC - some very complicated problems cropping up left right and centre.

35 minutes ago, gregs24 said:

ever drift far from existing EU type approval because it would cost a fortune to set up and achieve what exactly

Not really.  The RHD market is small anyway but those countries who need RHD are also small in total volume and it seems to work.  Australia, New Zealand, UK etc - all have different type approval rules for their small markets and it works, they and we get cars.  Cars that are manufactured here for export already get configured for their "local" markets without an issue. It's really not that hard nor costly, especially as increasingly different "features" are electronically controlled (switched on/off and configured) etc. It's increasingly just another configuration option on the manufacturing line. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

The S1 did not get a big hit from the introductions of the 400, so I don't expect a big hit now on the 400, and if we were to see one I do think it would then ripple down the range.

A lot depends on the pricing and spec of the new car of course. 2 seat only and that will be interesting as a lot of Evora owners DEMAND the +2 option so that may mean the prices stay firm.

It does feel that a lot of the speculation, even on here, a fan boys forum, is to talk the prices down.  The Evora is a great package and offers great value for money on the used car market, with very slow depreciation, and yet people still seem to constantly want to talk the prices down. Just an observation.

You find that a lot on forums. People also like to sell excellent examples for not much money. Fine if you need to shift the car quickly but it tends to become a self fulfilling prophesy and often good ones will go for more if you try. I sold one of my old cars for way above market because it was well looked after.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Not really.  The RHD market is small anyway but those countries who need RHD are also small in total volume and it seems to work.  Australia, New Zealand, UK etc - all have different type approval rules for their small markets and it works, they and we get cars.  Cars that are manufactured here for export already get configured for their "local" markets without an issue. It's really not that hard nor costly, especially as increasingly different "features" are electronically controlled (switched on/off and configured) etc. It's increasingly just another configuration option on the manufacturing line. 

There is a difference between car specs and type approval. All the parts have to be type approved.

The UK has officially aligned with the EU on type approval from Jan 1st 2021 so there will be no separate UK type approval process for all existing vehicles being sold. There is no information available on new vehicles UK type approval, but it is very unlikely EU approved vehicles will not be equally aligned in the future.

As regards going the other way again the UK/EU alignment also exists and any new vehicle releases produced in the UK and sold in the EU will require the same EU type approval as before.

The UK has also aligned policy on vehicles with the EU so again there is little reason to do anything other than copy over any EU type approvals. This is exactly what Switzerland, Norway etc already do. LHD v RHD makes no odds, the approval covers all the parts on the vehicle. 

So the long and short of it is don't expect any significant variation from EU type approval for UK sold vehicles in the future.

Do expect the loss of some models and an increase in price of some cars due to the agreed local content rules and tariffs applied. This has already happened.

• Like 2

Yes, but isn't the problem here the "noise" - the buttons and valves WILL BE type approved if using originals?

The issue as I understand it (I'm a novice, no expert) is not type approval of the parts, but the "noise" regulations in the EU. 

Anyway, to keep on topic, my 410 has the button and I am so bloody glad it does. The Evora market seems quite constrained right now for S1 cars. In fact I think more GT410's on the used market (nearly new / ex demo) than any other type of Evora (S1, 400, 410 Sport)

The small print.

Evora S models seem to be particularly thin on the ground, especially in manual form. 

Not saying they’re the same, but 911 values tend to bottom out at about 10 years old and then start creeping up again.

Might we start seeing the same thing on the rare S1 Evoras? 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Yes, but isn't the problem here the "noise" - the buttons and valves WILL BE type approved if using originals?

The issue as I understand it (I'm a novice, no expert) is not type approval of the parts, but the "noise" regulations in the EU. 

Anyway, to keep on topic, my 410 has the button and I am so bloody glad it does. The Evora market seems quite constrained right now for S1 cars. In fact I think more GT410's on the used market (nearly new / ex demo) than any other type of Evora (S1, 400, 410 Sport)

The sound output of the vehicle is part of the type approval. We are aligned with the EU so the standards for noise will be the same.

Is it just me but I still have the saved searches on autotrader and piston heads for Evora sub £35k which was my criteria some 3 years ago 

I ran the search back then and there would be at least 6 cars plus.
just did the same search today and there was only a couple of cars 

I know the worlds a different place today from 2018 , maybe Covid any sellers are waiting for lockdown restrictions to be lifted but I have being doing the searches regularly and noticed a drop in cars on market ? 

just my personal comments 🤔 

Yes the series 1 has seemingly dried up, and seems to be a recent phenomenon.  There were maybe 10-15 on the market when I started looking in the spring of 2020.

1 hour ago, Doug Ashley said:

Yes the series 1 has seemingly dried up, and seems to be a recent phenomenon.  There were maybe 10-15 on the market when I started looking in the spring of 2020.

I guess over the next few months if the numbers of cars coming onto market stays low then price of cars held in our possession risers ? 

• Like 1