Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 159 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Wow that’s low mileage, steep money especially when it’s missing the sports pack. But a stunning car nevertheless, sports exhaust a plus. Could well sell with the lack of availability at the moment.

Why no matching oyster leather band going around the rear seats? I thought that a feature on all Evora of the period. Perhaps rear seats are not leather, so does not feature?

A shame the original gearknob has gone. Red engine cover incorrect? 

Personally, I would prefer to see silver wheels and body coloured roof/mirrors, not sure if black wheels a factory option in 09, black roof certainly was not.

Apart from that....lovely...though sad it has seen so little use. If all genuine, worth the asking price though why has it been 'got at', looks-wise. 

Justin 

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, jep said:

Why no matching oyster leather band going around the rear seats? I thought that a feature on all Evora of the period. Perhaps rear seats are not leather, so does not feature?

A shame the original gearknob has gone. Red engine cover incorrect? 

Personally, I would prefer to see silver wheels and body coloured roof/mirrors, not sure if black wheels a factory option in 09, black roof certainly was not.

Apart from that....lovely...though sad it has seen so little use. If all genuine, worth the asking price though why has it been 'got at', looks-wise. 

Justin 

Rear seats are cloth.....

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

2 hours ago, jep said:

Why no matching oyster leather band going around the rear seats?

I believe that would have been with the "Premium Pack" - leather rear seats, leather armrest etc.  Cloth rear seats where standard.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

4 minutes ago, mawheele said:

Just wanted to share that my Evora 400 is for sale at Lotus Silverstone. Chat with Aimee if you are interested.
https://www.lotussilverstone.co.uk/vehicle-details/Lotus-Evora-U320/

Wow 701 miles you have not used that much 

Then you will get lotus people on here and seloc saying that is too dear. Lotus no longer sell to just lotus people and the new buyer will pay the right price for one without a quibble

• Like 2

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

9 minutes ago, pete said:

Then you will get lotus people on here and seloc saying that is too dear.

Until they want to sell their own car when they will expect that price as a px from a dealer!

• Like 1

The small print.

13 minutes ago, pete said:

Then you will get lotus people on here and seloc saying that is too dear. Lotus no longer sell to just lotus people and the new buyer will pay the right price for one without a quibble

The only definition of too dear is a price that the car doesn't sell at!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I believe that would have been with the "Premium Pack" - leather rear seats, leather armrest etc.  Cloth rear seats where standard.

I cannot see the arm rest in this car. The rear seat does not match the front seats. I suspect that this is a non premium pack car that someone has bought the dash panel, door panels and front seats in oyster and swapped them out. All the oyster is from a premium pack car, but it is missing the arm rest, rear seat and the rear side panels, presumably it will not have the lighting pack either.

It's a base car that has been chopped and changed, a "bitsa". 

1 hour ago, Graham Ridgway said:

The only definition of too dear is a price that the car doesn't sell at!

3 posts, now don't you come on here with all your talking sense nonsense :hrhr:

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

5 hours ago, Colin P said:

I cannot see the arm rest in this car. The rear seat does not match the front seats. I suspect that this is a non premium pack car that someone has bought the dash panel, door panels and front seats in oyster and swapped them out. All the oyster is from a premium pack car, but it is missing the arm rest, rear seat and the rear side panels, presumably it will not have the lighting pack either.

It's a base car that has been chopped and changed, a "bitsa". 

... Also no tech pack - no reverse camera, or sports pack - no cross drilled disks ?

42 minutes ago, cdco said:

... Also no tech pack - no reverse camera, or sports pack - no cross drilled disks ?

The closest then to Colin's philosophy so the best one!

The small print.

I’d have thought a sports pack is a must on a Lotus, even to Sir Colin... the doughy throttle in normal mode (and lower redline) is very frustrating in a sports car!

5 minutes ago, Cdm2018 said:

I have only tech pack but car had a different exhaust and then I recently added new cross drilled brakes all round , would like to add CAI at some point ? 

I am happy with my Evora ! And that what matters in the end 

Nice my NA was a base car (even no back seats) with the sports pack only so even came with the single din hifi.  The installation of a double din sat nav unit with DAB and a reversing camera (that never gave me an issue or let me down unlike it seems loads of standard ones on here) was under £500 and I got the cruise added as a freebie by the dealer when I bought it - would have been £250.  To be honest, at that point there was nothing from any of the other packs that I missed. Craved for. Felt ashamed for not having.  My car was the muts!

I did upgrade the interior to venom red (Lotus sold off a number of the brand new still on the original pallet OEM recaro's in the Sports Premium trim and colours - the seats cost me £1200 which was less than the price of one new standard Recaro CS!  I sold my dull boring black/charcoal second hand ones to a guy who wanted them for his Fiesta ST for £1200!  hahaha - what a deal eh?)

Nothing wrong with your car @Cdm2018, it looks the mutts, and as you say if you are happy then that is all that matters bud.

• Like 2

The small print.