Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 197 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

49 minutes ago, Colin P said:

The Forged and Cast are the same size. It is the 19/20s that are different, but I'm not sure what they called them. 

As long as you don't have the turbines then all is good :sick: (nb, this comment doesn't apply to drug dealers)

Thanks, understood. My mistake. The forged just look chunkier to my eyes, I prefer the look of the standard wheel. Good to hear though that a lighter wheel was available with the same rim size. Whether I would notice this unsprung weight differential, I will probably never find out.

Justin

5 hours ago, EuropaSman said:

From the Evora S1 Service Parts List for reference. 🙂

Evora Wheels #1.JPG

Evora Wheels #2.JPG

Evora Wheels #3.JPG

Evora Wheels #4.JPG

I need to get my head around the relative offsets on the 18/19 vs the 19/20.

In photos, the 18/19" wheels look a little more "tucked in" to the arches particularly at the rear. Is that the case (that could be sorted with spacers), or just an optical illusion?

• Gold FFM

@pixelmix wheel offsets from the Evora S1 service notes. 👍

Evora Wheel Offsets.JPG

• Thanks 1

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

So if I am reading that correctly, the inset is the same, but as the standard 20" rear tyre is 275 (as opposed to 255 on the 19"), the 20" wheels will be 20mm wider, with 10mm on either side of the centre line, hence they appear less "tucked in"?

Does anyone run 265/35/R19 on the rear to fill the arches a bit better (both in diameter and width)?

[Sorry, I'm in danger of veering off topic here!]

On 22/02/2022 at 21:39, pixelmix said:

Does anyone run 265/35/R19 on the rear to fill the arches a bit better (both in diameter and width)?

I have 10mm wider on the front from when Michelin PS4S were not available in correct width for the 18" wheels.

I don't know if they are cosmetically any better but was told on here that a Lotus engineer said 10mm wider front or rear is not going to mess the handling up and is totally fine. 

• Gold FFM

Wider tyre sizes don't usually look like the 'fill' the arch any better, it will give the tyre either a 'pinched' look if they are narrower or look like they are swallowing the wheel a little if they are wider (look a bit like a wide rim protector). Doesn't tend to make much difference to the look of the fill as they aren't as 'solid' as the wheel.

49 minutes ago, EuropaSman said:

Another sub £40k Evora has appeared on the market. It's a NA on Ebay and not an Evora S as advertised in the description. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234436853236?hash=item3695867df4:g:~qEAAOSwX4FiFrWk#vi-desc-maincntr

AU10EBP.JPG

Not sure about that service at 34,033 miles 🤫

Hendy had another shot ~1000 miles and a month later. Also the Oakmere service date doesn't tie in - could be a typo though? 

Just a few thoughts

Have you seen this one Intrepid?

5 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Hendy had another shot ~1000 miles and a month later. Also the Oakmere service date doesn't tie in - could be a typo though? 

Just a few thoughts

Just had an unobtainable..... passenger door lock mech so everything is working 

Not sure about the seller's claim "sports pack, so this has the sports button that changes throttle response, exhaust note etc."

The sports button on the LE/NA with full sports pack does indeed improve throttle response and higher revs but does it change the exhaust note?

My understanding is it doesn't as there is no valved exhaust. Someone please correct me or confirm my thoughts

• Gold FFM

I agree with Bibs. It wouldn't have a valved exhaust from factory for an Evora NA of that age.

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

• Gold FFM

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

Just a few thoughts

Thanks Rambo! I have indeed and I messaged for some more info. They don't know a lot though... 

I asked a few questions and they couldn't answer a single one... they just said "Best option is to ring Silverstone Lotus as they can tell you about the spec, it has a sport button on it ??"

Intriguing....

• Gold FFM

Reads to me like it's a trader flipping the car to make a fast buck. Ebay states that the listing is by a business seller.

@Intrepid with Evora being on an "AU" plate it might be an ex Lotus management car or could have been first sold by Stratton Motor Company. My Elise is an ex management car with the reg starting with AU. The first few services stamps in its service book were by the factory. You could ask for pictures of the service book to see if it's the same for this vehicle.

Interesting to see another NA up for sale whilst I’m considering selling mine, and comparing specs etc. 

the white one doesn’t appear to have premium or tech pack. 

ebay seems popular to list these days as a platform; has anyone else used it; feedback? 

I wouldn't touch it with Geof Smith's bargepole. OK for small stuff but I've never trusted it for big stuff after being shafted for fake paintings. Twice !!

Also, if you follow some of their bidding patterns it is obvious that there are somedodgy practices ie shill bidding going on (I am a very regular auction bidder but not on that platform !)

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

@Celica have you sent your Evora details to Intrepid?

• Like 1