Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 199 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Really? If I left a deposit of say, £500 or £1000 and couldn't follow through, for whatever reason, I would expect to lose my deposit

Although, top marks to the dealer if they do return the deposit 👍

Edited by Rambo

Generally I think that’s quite old practice now in car sales. Deposit holds the car and stops them selling it to someone else however your other rights allow to cancel and get a full refund.

Of course if they’ve incurred some expense there may be some of that held back.

I assume it is a 2016 built car judging by the awful and tacky LOTUS font on the dash roll? 

6 year old car but only circa £12k less than original list price but few paid list when new.

They ain't making any more (perhaps) so it may find a buyer but it feels a tad toppy to me. The red trim is not popular in the market at the moment, the seats need a contrast of black to soften. 

Justin

• Gold FFM

On the 400... That dash, gets you every time. It's going to be a hard sell I think. You can buy a 1 owner low mileage GT410 sport for that money, newer better looking IMHO (sorry 400 owners :) ) and from a Lotus dealer. TBH at around that money, personally, I'd be fielding a cheeky offer with Hoffmanns for the GTE and seeing how low I could get them after it's been on sale for years. More interesting car than the others for me, but maybe I'm odd!

For the Orange car. They need to have another go at the photos and put some work into using their words. Orange is a great colour on the Evora in my opinion, but I'd be nervous about the advert because they just don't seem to have put any care into it

8 minutes ago, TdM said:

For the Orange car. They need to have another go at the photos

The last of 3 pics also has some ghostly style  letters/numbers visible which is a bit odd.  Nothing about service history / recent work etc.

https://www.uksportscars.com/view/lotus-evora-launch-edition-2010-3-5vvt-i-v6-22-sports-pack-tech-pack-and-premium-pack/

The UK Sports Cars Showroom

Lotus Evora Launch Edition, 2010.  3.5VVT-i V6 2+2.  Sports Pack, Tech Pack and Premium Pack.  

£31,995

IMG_3353-scaled.jpg

That's my kinda Evora. Dark coachwork, small silver wheels. A splash of colour inside would be nice. Original gear knob intact - 😄 

I still think the first Evora is the best looking. The S1 Esprit of the millennium.

Justin

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
28 minutes ago, Bruss said:

I like the look of that. I think its the first time I've seen a plain black one (as opposed to the starlight).

The description says starlight black, but it does look more phantom black though (just had to check the colours in my period Evora sales brochure).

Looking at the photos on the ad I notice that the Evora badge on the rear bumper is too high. Tidy looking ex factory car. 

20220316_214655.jpg

• Like 1

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

• Gold FFM

Yes, other than press cars and development cars, others will have been company cars. There were definitely quite a few Evoras and I know there were Elises too. I've got Neil Turner's ex company series 3 Elise R from 2010. I remember test driving an ex factory Evora on a 60 plate with 65k on the clock at JCT600 back in 2013.

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

7 hours ago, jep said:

I still think the first Evora is the best looking

Needs a nice big rear wing, must get round to selling the one I have..

9 hours ago, jep said:

Quite a few ex-factory cars from 09/10. Mine is ex-Martin Donnelly.

Justin 

well run in then?

• Haha 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

On 16/03/2022 at 21:51, EuropaSman said:

The description says starlight black, but it does look more phantom black though (just had to check the colours in my period Evora sales brochure).

Looking at the photos on the ad I notice that the Evora badge on the rear bumper is too high. Tidy looking ex factory car. 

20220316_214655.jpg

Does it quote list options prices?

wanting to know how much forge wheels and sports exhaust were?

• Gold FFM

@Celica there are no prices in the sales brochure I'm afraid.

I have found option pricing here though:

https://www.carsuk.net/lotus-evora-uk-prices-revealed-at-geneva/

Evora price list 2009.JPG

• Like 1

Was owned by a guy on TLF, he bought from Hofmanns, very rare being an IPS.

35 minutes ago, MarkieT said:

that I'm too old to be spending 90 grand

you can't take it with you......

• Like 2