Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 207 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Sport 410 is a brilliant motor car. I drove UV LOTUS today, the Ultraviolet Sport 410.....wow! 

The ex-press car is a bargain. 

Justin 

• Love 1

49 minutes ago, Gubsta said:

Hi Guys,

This is my car - happy to answer any questions. It’s a fabulous thing but my obsession with elderly BMWs has got the better of me and I just wasn’t using the Lotus. I usually have stuff I can tinker with and the lotus doesn’t tick that box.

Don’t think anyone should worry about it being an ex press car - I’ve fixed a few niggles in my ownership under warranty and Silverstone have given it a clean bill of health (I have the bill to prove it!) B&C refreshed all the gear linkage mechanism for me and it’s had a recent geo and new tyres. It is pin sharp to drive.

Cheers

Noticed Lotus Silverstone have it on their site at £56k now - absolute bargain!

• Like 1

Wow. Yes. Sport 410 is epic. A pure drive....

Edited by Bravo73

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 07/05/2022 at 16:33, Bravo73 said:

£69k for a 400? Isn't that slightly, erm, 'ambitious' pricing (even considering the mileage and the current market)?

69 is always a reasonable proposition to start discussion.

I paid  less than that for my 400 that was the demonstrator of my local…

As soon as the base Emira comes out, I would suspect Evora prices will have to tumble, no ones going to want to pay on or near Emira money for an Evora with perhaps only the special ones (GT430) making some exceptions.

50 minutes ago, Techyd said:

As soon as the base Emira comes out, I would suspect Evora prices will have to tumble, no ones going to want to pay on or near Emira money for an Evora with perhaps only the special ones (GT430) making some exceptions.

I don't agree. Emira is heavy and has less BHP than 410 onwards. 

Emira will have zip effect on early Evora, a successful Emira may even harden prices for those as awareness is raised. 

+2/luggage capacity very important to many Evora owners. Post-2016 Evora are still depreciating (except 430) but I don't see any clean 400 or 410 'tumbling' in value due to Emira. 

If they do, I'll happily pick up another so I don't mind either way. 

Justin 

• Like 1

I agree the lower end of the market wont drop much, if at all - but these 400s at over £60k aren't going to hold there and that will bring the 400s in general down a notch or two in value.  'Tumble' may have sounded extreme but it wasn't meant that way, really I'm thinking > £45k & < £60k for the 400 with the S1 being under that.

If we assume the cars currently advertised are genuinely still available - most have been around a while and they aren't selling; IMO they are just overpriced and being overlooked as a result.  The ones coming on with sensible price tags are being snapped up!

• Like 1

The market is skewed presently due to supply chain issues on new cars. So perhaps 400's are a bit toppy. In normal conditions, I'd have expected to see a 2016 400 at £40k or thereabouts by now. One did sell for £38k but was resold weeks later for £46k (Jan 21). 

The bargain Evora are Sport 410 and early NA are still value.

I agree, I probably wouldn't buy a 2019 onwards presently at prices asked (except the Sport 410 at £68k now under offer) but that is less Emira related, more supply chain effect. 

Justin 

• Like 1

Ooh I hope you’re wrong - I just paid a lot of money for my Evora but was conscious of this when I shook hands on it.  I’m realistic about the current toppy pricing due to general used car demand issues and expect some softening of value but rarity is the thing that I am banking on here. The Emira (on which I have a deposit) is stunning but compared to Evora will be “mass produced”.  Plus there is nothing else comparable with the +2 proposition.  Most of all though, the Emira will be heavier, significantly quieter and may well have a speed limiter by the time it comes out.   Hence i am hopeful that there will always be a market for the relatively small number of Evoras that were built.

• Like 2

But, you're right in a way, WillB does usually leave cars on his site for a while after they sold. He sells high quality cars so I guess it is to show future owners the type and quality of cars he stocks

13 hours ago, Conceptwho said:

Very nice. Wish my budget could stretch to this 😩

If you could this car ticks the boxes ? Don’t think you get a lower price car which doesn’t sacrifice something ? 
however only you can decide so respect your buying criteria ?    

On 13/05/2022 at 22:22, Ba55uma said:

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/13367834

Nice one came up at Will B. Who ever is looking, grab it. 

Airbag needs fixing. I don't understand why reputable Lotus sellers advertise cars with known defects. Fix them before advertising or mention in the blurb.

Justin 

• Gold FFM

Not bad for the money. It's got its original gear knob as well (good for originality - never had a problem with the leather one and have never needed to change to the "Elise knob", I just bought an Elise instead of the aforementioned knob 😄), but needs a new passenger airbag cover though. I've not seen one quite as bad as that, bent up towards the windscreen. I wonder what condition the centre join at the front of the dash top is like?

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

Mine is pretty similar to that but the dash centre join is fine. Perhaps chalk that up to the harsh Australian sun, I think the original owner of my car didn’t use a windscreen shade.