Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 208 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

9 hours ago, Greg | ValetPro said:

I'll be interested to see how quickly this sells. Seems value but I wonder if many buyers are looking for more originality and issues fixed.

If it were mine, I'd fix the airbag, return wheels to original colour, remove sticker to tailgate, more information in text and price at £30k or thereabouts assuming the paintwork is decent and FSH. 

It should sell quickly as none of the jobs above should amount to more than £3k. 

Justin 

• Like 1

LF1 is a cracker. As factory though.....Evora LE never had gold wheels from Hethel and as a seller, I'd revert to original to maximise selling price. 

Justin 

• Like 1

Seems cheap no?

A lot will depend on just how much service history there actually is and if things like the clutch, gear linkage cables have been changed or require attention.

If it needed both a new clutch and gear cables suddenly its not so cheap any more.

I quite like the decals and the wheel colour but those are pretty easy to change so I can't see them putting off too many buyers.

14 hours ago, EuropaSman said:

Not bad for the money. It's got its original gear knob as well (good for originality - never had a problem with the leather one and have never needed to change to the "Elise knob", I just bought an Elise instead of the aforementioned knob 😄), but needs a new passenger airbag cover though. I've not seen one quite as bad as that, bent up towards the windscreen. I wonder what condition the centre join at the front of the dash top is like?

I wonder how much that would cost to put right. I’m guessing it would need a new panel considering how bent the corner is.

Think this one was for sale a little while back - I remember the sticker on the rear spoiler.

Comes down to what service history it does have and perhaps the state of its clutch...

4 hours ago, Conceptwho said:

I wonder how much that would cost to put right. I’m guessing it would need a new panel considering how bent the corner is.

It’s a dash out job regardless, potentially a new panel but easily £1k if not more.

5 hours ago, Conceptwho said:

Perfect car is it not? Black and £k’s to spare, for dash, wheels refurb, exhaust, pro detail, speakers upgrades with some left over for refresh of bushes etc.  

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Nearly 3 hours labour to change the passenger airbag cover. The cover (C132U4248J) is £379.24 incl VAT and hopefully not on back order!

Dashtop panel.PNG

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

17 minutes ago, Celica said:

Perfect car is it not? Black and £k’s to spare, for dash, wheels refurb, exhaust, pro detail, speakers upgrades with some left over for refresh of bushes etc.  

yes, quite. If mechanically ok, he needs to buy it or wait 12-18 months for another one meeting his very specific requirements…

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Another IPS Sports Racer S up on Autotrader for £50k with 17,000 miles (Pewter grey, same as mine). I have a feeling this one was advertised elsewhere last May for £48k at around 13,000 miles! 

Surely unlikely to sell at that price, especially given how long the two at Hendy have been up for, both of which have been reduced recently.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ba55uma said:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202205195883882?atmobcid=soc3

Another IPS, although the ad is misleading and says manual.

It says registered in 2015, but car looks like pre MY12 Evora.

And it says Evora S but looks like a NA.

Odd. Definitely pre-12 interior but centre console trim black not aluminium finish. Retro graphics to mimic S2 Esprit World Championship commemorative are aftermarket not factory. 

Wheels are I think S wheels, not sure they did those on NA? Car appears to be NA, tax band seems to confirm. 

Interesting to know the history of how it ended up looking like this and registered 2015. I should call the seller but I'm not sure they will know.

Justin 

Definitely a pre-12 car and a NA. Silver rear light surrounds and a NA diffuser. But have to say it looks in excellent condition and i am not one for aftermarket graphics but in this case they look great. For me its a good price for a 2015 car even though it looks like it was never registered for the first few years of its life not a first for a Lotus, good mileage whats not to like.

The graphics are close but no cigar. Rear gold line detail, trying to copy Esprit profile, doesn't work for Evora curves, that needs resolving. 

It needs LF1 style interior tweaks, some gold threads and leather. 

The World Championship badges rear and inside just don't work.

Commercially, not worth doing but it would look fab with some adjustments.

Lovely to see.

Justin

1 hour ago, jep said:

The graphics are close but no cigar. Rear gold line detail, trying to copy Esprit profile, doesn't work for Evora curves, that needs resolving. 

It needs LF1 style interior tweaks, some gold threads and leather. 

The World Championship badges rear and inside just don't work.

Commercially, not worth doing but it would look fab with some adjustments.

Lovely to see.

Justin

I agree Justin, particularly with the graphics. It doesn't work for me either, but each to their own 👍

When I picked up my Evora it had "go faster" stripes. I didn't like them at all but, when I read about the car's history and Lotus' personal involvement and marketing, they had to stay. I'm getting used to them now and I think they suit the rear end better than those of the JPS

I hate it when they hide a car's registration. What have they got to hide? First thing I do us look at the car's MOT history

• Like 1