Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 229 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

International Lotus market must thin out pretty quickly if Australia is #7. As far as I know, Lotus sold under 200 cars total here last year (which was a great year, relatively), and estimated 110-120 Evoras from 2009-2021.

On 17/12/2022 at 20:51, Edmundo2 said:

I've noticed very few manual Evora S for sale privately recently..I'm still considering one if the right car comes up but not much out there currently..

By contrast there seems to be a lot of higher spec/newer cars at dealers that are struggling to sell and I can only imagine prices will come under increasing pressure...Obviously its normal for things to slow in Winter and then pick up in Spring but it could be a long wait for some of them this time around what with the economic outlook, mortgage rates climbing, ULEZ zones, ageing model, new Emira etc etc..

I should imagine the temptation to drop prices to move stock/help cash flow is increasing especially if supply is greater than demand. They'll all sell at the right price but how long can the dealers hang on in the hope of getting the asking price..?

What spec are you looking for?  Mine might be for sale in New Year, not fully decided yet
2015 Evora S sports racer.  White with Red leather.  19k miles  FLSH

Hi Peter...Sounds lovely but probably too high spec/low miles for my budget I would think.. ( I was hoping to find a post 2012 S in good nick ). That said if you want to pm me details I can at least consider it..

Cheers, Ed

14 hours ago, mcdonaa said:

Thanks Bibs...interesting. I would have thought the Evora was a rarer car in the US than the UK.

Given the UK is 5 times plus the population of the UK, and with a corresponding increase in the number of cars, I am sure it is as rare as a unicorns poop.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 17/12/2022 at 23:00, mcdonaa said:

So how many have been sold in the UK vs the total production run? I'm sure I've seen somewhere it's about the 6000 mark worldwide? I've also seen that www.howmanyleft.com says about 900 taxed and sorned in the UK...that doesn't sound like many at all! 

Pretty exclusive. Consider yourself lucky and gifted and knowledgeable.

• Like 1

On 15/12/2022 at 16:52, randomusername said:

I'm hoping to go see it at the weekend, it looks like it's in to Lotus for it's 50K service next week, so I've asked the dealer if I can get them to independently do a PPI on it while they have it...

Dealer didn't get back to me about going to view it over the weekend and getting a PPI done by Lotus when it's there today for it's service :( 

I think they are awesome. Toyota has been hitting it out of the park bringing actually affordable (if you can get hold of one for list) sporty cars to the market. The MX5 has sat in the segment alone for a while. 

If you wanted a brand new sports car for less than £35k they don’t really exist anymore. Most of them are north of 50k when you add any options to them. It’s not really affordable for the masses. 

3 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Can’t get the love for the GR86. To me just looks too much like the “reasonably fast car” launched 10 years ago and I didn’t care much for it then anyway. I wouldn’t look twice at one, whereas an Evora is much more special.

Nor me. Not even in the same league as a Lotus Evora on looks or anything else 🤔

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202207288212087?fromRetailerStore=true&postcode=nn96pn

Does anybody know anything about this car? I'm interested, but curious to hear feedback before I go and look at it.

I think the colour suits the car but colour is very subjective, nice spec being one owner etc and my preferred front bumper is the 400, I just think it looks nicer and more aggressive. 

Check out the rear wheel picture, zoom in and you can see some horrid alloy dinks plus the tyre is scrap with a big side wall cut.

Picture 21