Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 92 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

40 minutes ago, Bee said:

I couldn't agree more! What is it with the current crop of new Evoras (and Exiges): every single one has an interior which looks like a study in tomb-like greyness! Why have all these gorgeous paint options on the exterior then sit in something so Gothic, when you could have something that looks as good as this car instead!

To be frank, because that is what the German car brand mass buyers have become conditioned to and buy - just look at Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche et al - I would bet that over 90% of every one of the millions of cars that they sell new have a black/charcoal interior. The journo's just love it, the buyers just love it, and cupholders everywhere!  So, as i've said before Lotus just cannot win - no matter what it does there is always going to be someone who just lambasts them for it - probably being lambasted by the owner who has specc'ed a dark, bland interior in his German daily driver for the past 20 years!.....

I deffo prefer a lighter interior - this was my 2010 S1 NA after I had finished with it and in my biased opinion it is even nicer than the one above!  - simply a beautiful place to be and much nicer than my current 410 Sport - although, I have plans in place to rectify that! :)

568100159_Evorainterior1.jpg.a697e0d0bcca1d3e78f941550f8d565d.jpg

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I completely agree! I loved the red alcantara in my white 400. The contrast between white exterior and red interior was gorgeous. It's back on Snow's forecourt now. https://www.snows.co.uk/lotus/used-cars/10124161-lotus-evora-evora-400/ One of four used 400's for sale in the UK with a red interior I notice, so clearly red interiors are reasonably popular!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, whose car on the forums was this green one that is now for sale? What can you tell me about it's issues, what has been resolved and what remains? What's the warranty status as well?

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-410-sport-v6-manual-----------------2016/9737070

lotus-evora-v6-sport-S3964815-12.jpg

lotus-evora-v6-sport-S3964815-11.jpg

• Like 1

Probably not. I envisage the 400 depreciating down to the mid 40s, the Sport 410 about £5k-10k above that around £50-55k, the GT Sport 410 leveling out at £55-60k and the GT430 leveling out at £65-75k. 

A local dealership to me they have a good reputation and sell some great high end cars.

1 hour ago, cib24 said:

Probably not. I envisage the 400 depreciating down to the mid 40s, the Sport 410 about £5k-10k above that around £50-55k, the GT Sport 410 leveling out at £55-60k and the GT430 leveling out at £65-75k. 

I think that this has a hint of optimistic buyers thinking. The top end of S1 cars has been c£45K for the last few years and not really moved. Early 400's are now around £55K, but that is a bit of a dip since Christmas and often happens. Don't expect that to move again for a while and may even tweak up.

I don't expect that you'll see 400s beginning with a "4" for some time yet, if at all.

£60K for a 410 in a dealer with 10K on it seems a pretty good price.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

I wasn't saying that I would wait for an older car further down the line, just making it known where I think the cars will level out at. I don't think the S1 Evora's will hold the value at their level much longer as the 400s start to get older with higher miles. The S1s will begin to dip below £40k for the later S models in due course as older and higher mileage 400s become available and take the space in the mid £40k range. The other Evora models will follow suit with the Sport 410 only being worth a £5-10k premium for fancy carbon parts and lighter wheels, the GT410 Sport worth a touch more than that for being newer with revised bumpers, and the GT 430 worth a larger premium to the GT 410 Sport due to the exclusivity and the premiere package for the Evora. 

And when Lotus launches its next generation Elise and whatever else under Geely it will also put downward pressure on the pre-Geely lineup as it becomes obsolete with no warranty or factory support. 

Anyway, I still want the best Sport 410 I can find and afford, so if anyone knows anything about the £59k Sport 410's history and if an ex-owner is on here please get in touch as I'd like to learn a little more about it to see if the car is worth a visit to the dealership to see in person. 

25 minutes ago, cib24 said:

And when Lotus launches its next generation Elise and whatever else under Geely it will also put downward pressure on the pre-Geely lineup as it becomes obsolete with no warranty or factory support. 

Kinda explains why Esprits have increased in value about fourfold in the last 5 years! :blink: :lol:

Warranty is irrelevant, that's always going to run out but Lotus still support Esprit and S1 Elise and may other out of production models very well, there's no reason to assume they won't support the Evora S1 in years to come. 

That 410 looks epic, I'd be up there like a shot as I don't think it'll sit around for long at that price in truth.

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Well, we can disagree on the future values of the Evora and whether they will ever be considered as desirable as an Esprit with a V8 in it, or an original S1 Exige, or whether the fact that Geely doesn't do things with Toyota will affect Lotus' ability and desire to support pre-Geely models. It's not the real point and I guess I apologise for getting everyone so worked up about residuals and the value of their Lotus assets.

Anyway, the green one does look like a good car but given how close knit the community is I was hoping to find a previous owner on here that could talk me through the vehicle and its issues given that quite a few Evora's have had niggles from the factory and in some instances issues getting things resolved in a timely manner based on the threads I have read through on this site. If buying used I want to make sure that crap is out of the way and I can just enjoy the car and service it as you would expect. 

I have mentioned this elsewhere on TLF, the dealer principal locally has mentioned the Toyota powered cars are the ones to keep, Yes some of that is sales, but as he has been to Lotus many times and other inform he has passed on I recon just speculating the next power units may be Chinese. The Esprit engine will be Mercedes.

I bought the book on the EVORA and there are hints in there as to the cars marketing positioning based on the engines. They mention at the time of writing 4 cylinder for the Elise, 6 for the EVORA, speculating from that, 8 for the Esprit.

interesting side note in the book the V6 engine is made especially for the EVORA, as it has an oil cooler setup, Camry engines don’t, I wonder if there are other not mentioned variants as the engines have seen 550 hp so I’m told in testing.

The EVORA is the only performance car I have bought that is vertically new, Ex press car. Everything else I looked at would have retained its value, but would have cost me what is the depreciation it has  incurred, in maintenance costs so I don’t care. It’s going to take a hell of a good car to impress more that my 400 does in all aspects.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, trcm said:

I wish Swindon would sell these engine reworkings as an upgrade :)

They made the engines for Lotus. They weren't allowed to sell them separately and potentially undercut Lotus.  I doubt if there are enough Evora owners to make it a commercial proposition to make them now.

ES have the potential to supply the uogrades and have done the work to get an ecu to run them.

Ahhh man!  I just picked my car up from them yesterday afternoon after it got some power upgrades.  If I'd know they have a road car with a Swindon engine car I might've seen if they were up for a swap before I got the mods done!

Spec / money ratio seems about right ball park figure.  Its one of the later SR cars and low mileage so will be a bit more money but I think they've priced it correctly.

I found Snows fine to deal with when buying the car but their preparation of the car was poor.  They did not diagnose a faulty MAF sensor properly and called me very late to tell me the car was not working, I was literally just about to board a train from London to pick the car up when they called to delay the pick up.  They also did not clean the car properly and did not fix the paint chips they said they would.  I don't think they are shady just unorganised or lacking in quality control, so ring up before hand to check everything agreed has been done before you collect.

• Like 1

Oh good spot!  I just incorrectly assumed a 2015 car would be supercharged.   Yep from whatI can see from the photo of engine bay and the rear diffuser it looks like a NA.   hmm maybe the price is a bit high?

• Like 1

On 04/06/2019 at 13:18, cib24 said:

So, whose car on the forums was this green one that is now for sale? What can you tell me about it's issues, what has been resolved and what remains? What's the warranty status as well?

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-410-sport-v6-manual-----------------2016/9737070

lotus-evora-v6-sport-S3964815-12.jpg

lotus-evora-v6-sport-S3964815-11.jpg

It was driven by DrPittenstein here if that’s any help:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, electro_boy said:

Spec / money ratio seems about right ball park figure.  Its one of the later SR cars and low mileage so will be a bit more money but I think they've priced it correctly.

I found Snows fine to deal with when buying the car but their preparation of the car was poor.  They did not diagnose a faulty MAF sensor properly and called me very late to tell me the car was not working, I was literally just about to board a train from London to pick the car up when they called to delay the pick up.  They also did not clean the car properly and did not fix the paint chips they said they would.  I don't think they are shady just unorganised or lacking in quality control, so ring up before hand to check everything agreed has been done before you collect.

Thanks - was there yesterday while my S was looked at RE exhaust / power issue - not that they found anything wrong mind (a topic for another thread!).  I was looking at this, its a nice example, a few paint mark scuffs that were quite notable (thanks to the grey mostly) but otherwise looked very clean and tidy.  Toyed with the idea of swapping out for it.  For an N/A, price seems typically main dealer high, but I agree its in the right ballpark.