Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 130 - Lotus Evija - Page 30 - Type 130 - Lotus Evija - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 130 - Lotus Evija

Tex

I'm a dinosaur too @Spinney and see no reason to apologise for it.

The sound of ICE is as much a part of the experience to me as anything else.

I can appreciate EVs for what they are but...

A glider is a sleek and beautiful thing but it's seeing and hearing a spitfire that sparks every neuron I have...

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Yep as much as we look to advance technology and make cars lighter, faster, better and as much as the data and testing shows the future may well be EV.  Theres just something about an old fashioned internal combustion engine that gets me going!  I'm excited about the future and what it will bring us but it wont be the same as what we have now.  

• Like 1

I guess part of the problem for us oldies is in our minds that sound never fails to conjure up the traditional electric milk float. A lot of potential younger buyers of electric vehicles, my own 35 year old son included, probably have no preconceptions about that sound at all. We haven’t seen electric milk floats around here for well over 30 years.

Ah well at least, thanks to my obsession I imagine, my son is still a petrolhead like his old dad and drives the rudest sounding F150 ‘Raptor’ where he lives in the US. He’s even considering, again, looking at an Evora after seeing one last week from his local Michigan Lotus dealer. He almost went for one a couple of years ago but stopped short over concerns about the dealership. 

That development Evija does sound awful doesn’t it? I saw that video at the Lotus Silverstone launch, but the speaker volume was set so low that you could barely hear Gavan speak, let alone the sound of the car. Now I know why. It’s not its greatest selling feature is it? It sounds as pleasant as a dentist’s drill.

• Like 1

I think the main problem for us oldies @Spinney is that we have grown up with the sound of glorious V6, V8, V10 and V12 engines roaring around race tracks. We've marvelled at the mechanical delights etc.  The new generations are more "electric", more digital than analogue. I find them though, in the round to be like fcuking vegans and the the "woke" generation - complaining about anything and wanted to ban everything that does conform with their view of what is right. ICE is dying and electric is emerging. Great. But it doesn't need to happen overnight.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 hours ago, Spinney said:

A lot of potential younger buyers of electric vehicles, my own 35 year old son included, probably have no preconceptions about that sound at all. We haven’t seen electric milk floats around here for well over 30 years.

Well I had no idea what a milk float is a minute ago but a roaring noise from a nice ICE is part of the experience, really. It's one of the senses used to enjoy the experience. One may drive blinded too or with a hypothetical acceleration suppression contraption too and it would be even blander.

For instance I find electric vehicles videos quite boring to be honest.

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

We've marvelled at the mechanical delights etc.  The new generations are more "electric", more digital than analogue.

I think the youngest (I mean the masses) have no interest in car at all. At least here in France.
I think diesel (=slow revving engines and dreadful noise) plastic boring cars, speed bumps and absurd speed traps may have killed all the fun of driving a car. It's so boring to drive at 80kph with the constant fear of going just a few kph over the limit and being heavily fined that driving in France has really become a tedious chore.

Edited by Giniw

Bizarrely. In a Trekkie sort of way I liked the sound of it.

"Mr Zulu. Course set" 

Aye Aye Sir

"Engage Warp drive...  Hit it Zulu...."

The small print.

3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Bizarrely. In a Trekkie sort of way I liked the sound of it.

"Mr Zulu. Course set" 

Aye Aye Sir

"Engage Warp drive...  Hit it Zulu...."

A mode relatively briefly used, as I recall...........else "she canna take it"?

But always that whining soundtrack?  I'm expecting an option of a "real car noise"* system. And that it will be a popular option.

* (Yes, that's what I meant!)

Edited by mdavies

Just thinking about when I hand wash the Evora and the curves and corners of the surfaces particularly on the rear quarters. Sometimes it is difficult to be methodical. It must be really hard to hand wash the Evija. I'd have to come to terms with that.

• Haha 2

On 29/09/2020 at 15:20, mg4lotus said:

Just thinking about when I hand wash the Evora and the curves and corners of the surfaces particularly on the rear quarters. Sometimes it is difficult to be methodical. It must be really hard to hand wash the Evija. I'd have to come to terms with that.

Yes, big concern for people who can afford one. They don’t want their staff to find it to hard to clean their car! 😂 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have to admit, it looked fantastic on track. It looked planted and the "eyes" tell all with regards to the speed that thing was going at.

I don't like electric cars. Not a fan at all of the current offerings. But, if I win £50m on the lottery I WOULD place an order for one of those on the proviso that they never spoil it like they did the Evora by putting two frigging seats in the back lol.  I could actually even live with the noise as at speed, it sounds a bit like a jet!

The small print.

• Gold FFM

@C8RKH

8D58DBD7-0CDC-4251-A474-3C3D5737BF0B.thumb.png.12f35ac869d583771251c2def7614e9f.png

can I have that knackered worn out old 410 you’ve got when you take delivery of the Evija - I promise to extol the sheer brilliance of the 2+0 config 👍

• Like 1

Only here once