Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 123 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

They normally predict in early part of the year as to what variation of the B strain of 'flu will be going round that following winter, then inoculate for a couple of A strains and the selected B strain.  Last year wasn't particularly accurate as far as I heard, and I ended up catching the 'flu but thankfully just a mild case not knocking me off my feet for more than a week. Don't know about 2107 from personal experience as I didn't catch flu that time.

This is Northern America, but gives an idea of what good looks like in terms of effectiveness. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/vaccines-work/past-seasons-estimates.html What I find interesting is that CDC has 2017-18 as 38% but NHS show it as 15% so maybe it's on differing measures.

@Buddsy, given how much it costs to have a patient in a hospital bed, I'd guess that the £few per dose (guess, but if private prescription for it is £10 then surely NHS costs lot less),  doesn't need to stop many cases to be cost effective.  Lets be generous and say £8 per NHS dose. If it's £400 per pay per in-patient, then if (of the high risk groups) the flu jab stops 5% of would-be patient going in (NHS data looks to say more than 10%) , then  it's 20 jabs to save one bed, £160 to not spend £400.  So, still looks cost effective to me. Ok that assumes all of those who got the jab were exposed, etc.

2 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Our neighbours have had friends round since lunchtime. They brought their overnight bag too, so should be a good New Year’s Eve party. The more the merrier.

Twats.

I suppose if you do not like them..... then there is an option

• Gold FFM

As a severe asthmatic, I'm willing to take a punt on the 'flu jab each year. Before the vaccination programme, I spent significant time in hospital, and even intensive care, as a result of influenza.  And I must have cost them a fortune.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

I’m not aware that the general screening can differentiate between a general coronavirus (common cold), Covid-19 and the covid-19.1 super spreading virus. 

I've always been taught to question the validity of things rather than just blindly believe what I’m told. There is no question about it - we are being lied to or having the full facts kept from us.

• Love 1

Only here once

16 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Our neighbours have had friends round since lunchtime. They brought their overnight bag too, so should be a good New Year’s Eve party. The more the merrier.

Twats.

Three car loads stayed over. Other neighbours tried to contact police on 101, but it was continually engaged, so probably loads of other such cases to deal with.

• Sad 1

Well I've just learned that the disease (COVID-19) & the causing virus (SARS-CoV-2) have different names.  Also 'COVID' is the legitimate shortform of 'coronavirus disease'.  But it does seem sloppy reporting to continually mix them up).   Looking at the British Society for Immunology's website, I believe the current tests would not include other endemic Coronavirus types (such as the common cold) in the results.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/technical-guidance/naming-the-coronavirus-disease-(covid-2019)-and-the-virus-that-causes-it

https://www.immunology.org/news/covid-19-testing-what-does-it-mean-for-me

Edited by 910Esprit
  • Like 2

On 17/12/2020 at 17:25, Bibs said:

Just checked mine again, was originally end Jan, then last week end Feb-end March, now end March-end May :angry: :tumbleweed:

WTF?

Just realised that the revised 12 week timeline for the 2nd jab will be the latter date.

However this still means a 2 month slippage for the 1st jab, from end Jan to what is now end March, which makes little sense of the claim that they get more people vaccinated more quickly with the 1st jab. by delaying the 2nd jab to 12 weeks.

Omni calculator is only an unofficial estimate and not an official appointment. There are a number of variable parameters they use which also may be less than accurate. However, the slipping of the timeline is a disappointing trend if not totally unexpected.

On 01/01/2021 at 09:36, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Three car loads stayed over. Other neighbours tried to contact police on 101, but it was continually engaged, so probably loads of other such cases to deal with.

The same three car loads have stayed over in our neighbours’ house for three consecutive nights. It’s a compact three bedroom house, so they’ll be in very close proximity. Three of their four immediate neighbours’ households include medically vulnerable people. The police have been contacted four times. Their landlord has also been informed and agrees that the police should be involved. 

So three days after first being reported, the police have done absolutely nothing, despite repeated reminders.

It seems like the only action they will face for their 3 day New Year’s Eve party will be receipt of an advisory letter from their letting agent at some point in the coming days. 

In comparison we have only had one non-resident in our home since March. That was the annual boiler service engineer.

• Sad 1

• Gold FFM

Levels (not tiers) 1 to 5 were established a long time ago.

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

10 minutes ago, eeyoreish said:

So there we are. We’re all in tier 5 of a 3 tier system.

And schools are in and out.

All perfectly clear 👍

How are schools in and out

hindsight: the science that is never wrong