Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 102 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

I was just going to say that :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

The wife and I came back from holiday on Saturday night. On Sunday we did an efficient shop at the Asda together, we got to the toilet roll aisle and couldn't believe it... the shelves were empty again. Everybody must be crapping themselves about the onset of a second wave.

• Haha 1

I just don't get the panic buying of toilet rolls. I really don't. Fcuktards are everywhere.

If anyone can explain why people are panic buying toilet rolls I'm receptive to being educated.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Just got this circular message from my Dentist. 60 minute gaps between appointments! That's nuts!

The capacity of all dental practices to provide NHS care is currently very limited

As with all dental providers, we must follow the Covid-19 safety procedures set by the government for NHS dental care. This includes leaving a 60-minute gap after each appointment, called ‘fallow time’. Fallow time is a set period where the surgery must remain empty before the next patient can be seen. 

51 minutes ago, SFO said:

Totally stupid and not based on any science. Why can’t they just wipe everything down, like private dentists?

Because no doubt the NHS will "compensate them" for the lost time so it's free cash for doing nowt

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

One hour gaps between patients is ludicrous.

The email from my dentist (a private practice, no NHS dentists in this area🙄), when they knew they could reopen, stated:-

All charges remain the same since we have always protected our clients by using PPE, sterilising equipment and wiping down all surfaces between clients.

The only changes you will notice are that temperature checks will be carried out before you enter the waiting area and the waiting area will be limited to 3 persons to allow for social distancing. You will also be required to wear a face mask until you enter the treatment room. Please note that if you arrive too early for your appointment you may be required to wait outside”

We visited for our regular checks a week after reopening and everything ran as smoothly as it had always done. My appointment is usually immediately after my wife’s and I’ve always had to wait for the room to be prepared before being called in.

• Like 1

I guess it's about aerosol generating procedures (AGPs). The presence or otherwise of these has governed, rightly or wrongly, what we have been able to do in surgery over the last 6 months. At the start, any tool cutting or burring tissue was deemed an AGP. Full and expensive PPE.

The definition gradually slackened so that now, it's just general anaesthetics and procedures to the airways. 

If an AGP was performed in a laminar airflow theatre (v rapid air change) there was a 12minute period when no door could be opened. So if an AGP was done in a normal room, with slow air change, that time is considerably higher.

But like anything we have been told to do in the last 6 months, if you stop and analyse things, the logic eventually breaks down. 

We have the same issue with getting x-rays. They 'need' 15 mins to clean the room after a patient has been in. We said we could do it in 15 seconds but that doesn't suit the jobsworths who want to feel important and hinder our work. A power thing probably that only serves to hinder patients. The NHS 'support' services have become "can't -do" and the managers let then get away with it.

My frustrations at all this are unmeasurable and I have given serious thought to getting out but I'm unfortunately not trained for anything else.

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

• Gold FFM
38 minutes ago, slewthy said:

My frustrations at all this are unmeasurable and I have given serious thought to getting out but I'm unfortunately not trained for anything else.

Told my daughter pathology might be good - the patients never complain 

Only here once

I don't see that as having any sensible positive outcome.

1) He has a mild infection, it adds to his PoV that it's nothing to care about. His supporters feel vindicated that there should be no restrictions, no need for masks etc.

2) He has a serious infection but not ICU-level of treatment. Similar to above but perhaps to a lesser extent. Also he may get some sympathy for being ill (I did state SOME and MAY GET).

3) He gets life-threatening level of infection, then the bit about sympathy comes into play along with general  good nature / etiquette of not speaking badly of those who are seriously ill. His supporters who believe it's not a real threat will simply say it's "fake news" and he's not really that ill. 

4) It proves fatal for him. His supporters see him as hero who did no wrong in his term of office.