Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 58 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

10 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

Not necessarily. I’d rather have buffalo mozzarella any day of the week.

Fast forward to 17:10 (unless you want to see how both types of mozzarella are made and the reason for the differences):

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/food-unwrapped/on-demand/70358-001

Ah, that's one specific type of mozzarella,  where moisture is removed (you can by blocks of it in supermarkets), but I was referring to just normal cow's milk mozzarella, which looks similar to the Buffalo one that programme showed.Got to admit, Food unwrapped is a bit of  a comic show as it often compares dissimilar products, for a bit of controversy or effect. Rather like media now with the whole Corona Virus situation ,e.g. trying to make out a big storey that a senior government minister's daughter was tested,  when in effect it allowed Gove back to work rather than stay in isolation.   

Following on from my gripe about how the number of deaths are being reported I found a graph on The Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine website that gives the number of deaths on the actual date of the death. This is much more informative than the crap we see reported in the news. It's a pity it doesn't cover the whole of the UK.

Deaths-of-patients-in-England-12th-April

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Real Chinese death count is apparently circa 20 million 

Feasible, considering the amount of urns that have been bought and the number of mobile phone accounts that have since been deactivated in China. They won't be able to hide the truth forever.

• Like 1

Signature not working...

• Gold FFM

From what I’ve heard from a creditable uk health source the peak is forecast to be 24/04/20. We shall see if that’s right or wrong.

yes @Mysterae the 20million number is calculated from phone contracts. Again time will tell.

one things for sure - I’m loosing sense of what day it is - and I’m enjoying actually just kicking back for a change

Only here once

6 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

the 20million number is calculated from phone contracts

I read that about a few weeks ago. Seriously, people not renewing their phone contracts is not a reliable indication of death in an area where people are locked into their homes and have lost/paused their jobs. 

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Not that simple in China apparently. It’s pretty much an essential for everyone and part of the online tracking the state has stuck onto them. Everything from health to banking to movements are authorised by mobile phone.

who knows - I’m sure the truth will make it out in 100 years or so

One things for sure - if the death rate in the uk is anything to go by - the Chinese have lied like a cheap Chinese watch 

Only here once

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, andydclements said:

Ah, that's one specific type of mozzarella,  where moisture is removed (you can by blocks of it in supermarkets), but I was referring to just normal cow's milk mozzarella, which looks similar to the Buffalo one that programme showed.Got to admit, Food unwrapped is a bit of  a comic show as it often compares dissimilar products, for a bit of controversy or effect. Rather like media now with the whole Corona Virus situation ,e.g. trying to make out a big storey that a senior government minister's daughter was tested,  when in effect it allowed Gove back to work rather than stay in isolation.   

Doesn't cheese come from a vine? Much Like a pumpkin vine?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

One thing I have noticed around here is the number of yards that have been tidied up and lawns mown etc. I was on my way to the shops to get some things. Just me on my own.

Quite amusing really.

Sorry Buddsy, but I think you are a bit off track mate. A son who is a nurse, his partner who is a nurse and a daughter who is a nurse. It's real.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

16 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

especially if you classify it that way and assumed it’s what had an impact on cause of death.

My wife works in a supermarket, and a colleague has just died from this Chinese flu. However, the little fact that the colleague had a heart attack a week ago and was admitted to hospital apparently has nothing to do with the death.

Here are a couple of YouTube channels about China that I'm following 

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

Hmmm, I know that I shouldn’t say this but...

Is your tin foil hat feeling a little tight today? 

It’s not safe to wear tin foil hats your brain will boil -  the new 5g towers you see. 

• Haha 2

Only here once

8 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

I for one - will do as I’m told - and ride it out. It’s gonna cost me a load of dosh - but I do feel like the work life balance is being forced onto auto correct at the minute - and while that suns shining I shall make hay.

Same here. We have lots to do around our new place and stocked up on materials when we saw working from home and isolation coming so we have plenty we can get on with. The weather is a bonus as much of what we have to do is outside in the paddocks.

In a weird way the isolation and furlough has come at the right time for us and we're lucky that we have lots of outside space to enjoy but I really do feel for people who live in smaller flats etc and can't easily get out and about in the sun.

• Like 2

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

12 hours ago, Bibs said:

I read that about a few weeks ago. Seriously, people not renewing their phone contracts is not a reliable indication of death in an area where people are locked into their homes and have lost/paused their jobs. 

You keep bringing logic to the argument you fool!  Get back in your box. It's on Facebook so it's true....

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

It’s not safe to wear tin foil hats your brain will boil -  the new 5g towers you see. 

I thought we were all supposed to wear a tin foil hat these days as it acted as a relay and signal intensifier for the 5G waves?  Essentially we will all become one interconnected human 5g mesh network. Remember, resistance is futile.

• Haha 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

12 hours ago, Buddsy said:

I do not agree with social distancing.But if a man or woman has been told to keep 2 meters away from other people I do not see why they can not go out into nature away from other people.

buddsy

But they will only be away from other people because others are following the lockdown. If everyone adopted your attitude to this the lockdown would be a farce and a failure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chillidoggy said:

I'm continuing to abide by government advice because whatever I may think, I don't know more than its medical advisors. Oh, and I absolutely cannot afford to contract coronavirus as I probably wouldn't survive.

Exactly. Same here

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

52 minutes ago, Buddsy said:

Stats from UK

From 3 January 2020 to 10th April 2020

6,779 deaths reported "with" COVID-19 ("with" not necessarily "because of").

22,854 deaths from Flu/Pneumonia.

My 4 year old son had the crapola virus in January. He was so bad we thought he had pneumonia. My daughter was hospitalised with pneumonia when she was 2 (8 years ago) and he was similar but coughing on every breath even as he slept.

2 of my aunts in the late 70s had it end of last year and they were both really ill for a couple of weeks.

Its a nasty thing for sure but the reporting by the media is total bollox IMO

buddsy

Pneumonia isn't an infection itself, it's the body's reaction to an infection which causes the lungs to fill with fluid, so in a way it's similar to what COVID-19 does with sticky mucus forming. So, people die from the related effects not the virus. That means they die from things like a heart attack as their heart cannot keep pumping blood at a high rate (that's needed since the lungs aren't working effectively),  that's why it's about deaths "with COVID-19". It's equivalent to drunk-driving, you generally don't die from the alcohol being in your blood, you die from things like crashing into a wall because you were not in control.

Children seem to be better at fighting it off, that was know / believed from early days, but then far less children have failing hearts than is found in elderly, far less children have damaged lungs from 50 years of smoking, and so the list goes on, basically children are less likely to have "underlying conditions". Your aunts, were unlikely to have had it last year, not impossible but officially recognised as being here in Feb but may have been earlier. More likely they had 'flu. Ditto your 4 yr old. Unless they've been proven to have antibodies for it, you cannot be sure and since it was so far before it's believed to be here, it seems really unlikely they had it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tim_marra said:

But they will only be away from other people because others are following the lockdown. If everyone adopted your attitude to this the lockdown would be a farce and a failure.

No. If everyone ONLY went out once a day for exercise, either on their own or with someone from the same household, and if during that exercise they stayed at least 2 metres away from other people/pairs, then everyone would be complying with the lockdown would they not?

So where would the farce and failure be?  It would be with the pricks who were sat in the park getting pissed. The druggies huddling together outside the chemist as they wait not too patiently for their methadone prescriptions.  The dickheads who invited friends and family around for "easter". The twats who decided they could just do what they wanted etc. Again, I think the "wrong" people/behaviours are being targeted here to make a point.  What is the real harm in say @Buddsy and his partner or one of his kids going out for a walk "in nature" locally and practising social distancing as per the rules?

The small print.

2 hours ago, Buddsy said:

Stats from UK

From 3 January 2020 to 10th April 2020

6,779 deaths reported "with" COVID-19 ("with" not necessarily "because of").

22,854 deaths from Flu/Pneumonia.

My 4 year old son had the crapola virus in January. He was so bad we thought he had pneumonia. My daughter was hospitalised with pneumonia when she was 2 (8 years ago) and he was similar but coughing on every breath even as he slept.

2 of my aunts in the late 70s had it end of last year and they were both really ill for a couple of weeks.

Its a nasty thing for sure but the reporting by the media is total bollox IMO

buddsy

Sorry - but where did you get your figures from?

According to this https://www.itv.com/news/2020-02-06/how-does-the-wuhan-coronavirus-compare-to-seasonal-flu/ the total deaths in the UK from Flu 2018 - 2019 was 1,692, but in 2014/15 it was 28,830; so they average it out at 17,000 per year in the UK.

You're saying that 22,854 have died in the 1st Quarter - meaning that if that continues it will be nearly 90k by the end of the year - that's a huge increase.

I'm not saying you're wrong - but I think it would be interesting to see where these figures actually come from?

• Like 1

I developed double pneumonia when I was 18 years old. It was the worst experience of my life up to that point in time. Bedridden for 6 weeks, even after 4 weeks I was so weak I couldn’t walk, had to crawl on hands and knees to the bog, and had to sit down for a piss.

Trust me, you don’t want it, no matter what age you are, and what underlying health conditions you may have.

Margate Exotics.

@KAS-118 Re the  22854 Q1 Vs 17000 or 28830 or any other figure for 'flu deaths. Most 'flu deaths occur in the winter, which is the first quarter of the year, so you cannot take Q1 figures and multiply by 4 to get an annual,  because the virus that causes 'flu doesn't transmit nearly as much in warmer climate.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/excesswintermortalityinenglandandwales/2018to2019provisionaland2017to2018final