Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Emira - Page 15 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Emira

au-yt

An anyone clarify - is it V6 manual and 4 cylinder dual clutch?

Which is the most - powerful one? Do we think they will be £60k and £80k? 

Loved the look of it…

• Like 1

"Simplify, then add lightness”

1 hour ago, Likuid said:

Car looks great, its specs however are very disappointing and its not a shock Lotus didn't really even talk about them during the presentation. Even they seem embarrassed of them.

Nissan 400Z will have 400HP at $30k USD. This is starting at over $80k with less HP and weighs more than an Evora (even if just slightly)? This car should have launched at 450HP at the absolute minimum for the V6. At these specs Lotus is going to get nowhere near their target IMO. Looks and tech only take you so far, I don't see this out performing its rivals and in the end that was the most important thing it needed to do.

I know eventually there will be higher HP version, but this is actually worse than I would have even guessed.

The good news is I don't feel like I need to sell my Evora anytime soon.

Might be smoke and mirrors, but saw this in a screenshot 

5B8F460D-AF8F-441C-A6DC-E92F170C0170.jpeg

4 minutes ago, jimichanga said:

I’d genuinely rather have your Evora.

Thank you. That's really nice of you to say.

I have to admit I do love it and bought it as my "forever" car as I am getting on....

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

as a company as a financial viability big volumes with maybe lower margins i guess makes sense but will that alienate those that hanker after a hand bulit car with lower numbers ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, j141 said:

If they bring out a decent Evora final edition with digital dash etc I honestly think I would rather have that

That’s unlikely - I am sure that I have read that the production of the Evora has already ceased

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, duncx said:

The strain was becoming overwhelming and I've cracked early - dealer deposit placed :lol:

Nice one Duncx, will let you know what it is like in the flesh when I see on Thursday 👍

• Like 2

I was happy to hear that KEF will be providing the audio system. Yes - engine noise and all that, but sometimes on the cruise back from the 'ring you want to relax and listen to some music. My bet was on Bowers&Wilkins (british / Volvo) but KEF is probably still a lot bettet than the standard setup on any Lotus before 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I don't think the volume will reach Porsche (I see one every time I fart as I walk down the street) levels, however, I do think Lotus finally has a product that will actually make people in Stuttgart sit up and take notice. This is a serious car. Very well designed, inside and out. Quality/Premium fittings and bag up to date. I really am impressed and very chuffed for Lotus and her dedicated workforce. This really is a HUGE step forward, honestly, it really is. Well done Lotus. Well done the workforce. This really is a car to be proud of.

This is exactly what I took from the presentation. It’s really positive for the future.

• Like 1

Its a Very good looking car, but I'm glad I didn't get up at 430 AEST to watch the release.

Sorry I don't like the dash arrangements , I do like the gear change on the manual, and the air vent look like there from a Merc.

I for one will keep my 400.

In terms of package, we must say it is the most cohesive ever. They should should have advertised the weight of the car without the damn "US spec"  no doubt seats.  The cabin looks the part. The details look the part.  And as an ICE swansong this is the heck of a prelude.

Now about that Emira GT4 Racer. Is Bibs back yet ?!

• Like 1

I think Lotus as brand and company need the Emira to succeed what that is remains to be be seen ? If it means several hundred people keeping their jobs for the next 10 years fab ! 
Rave reviews but no sales is not what a company exists for , they need sales not just here in UK but worldwide especially USA where I think the car will be marketed hard ! 
All things move on in time I guess I look at my 10 year old Evora and have envy at interior sight of Emira but this car is brand new , new ideas new materials new philosophy etc , the world moves on ! 
just wait till the SUV appears then Mini-van versions what will we be saying about Emira and Lotus then ? 🤔

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Inversed said:

Some videos (Rory @ AutoTrades) say that I4 is the more powerful engine at 400hp, while V6 is 360hp. Interesting.

I was about to ask for opinions of others on that video,  From 2.20 mins Rory is quite specific. Launch first in Spring is the V6 at 360 hp and "under £60K basic".  The i4 at 400 hp comes later.

• Like 2

So, under 60k for a supercharged V6 that you could take to Komotec and transform into a freaking monster for less than 12k?!

Edited by NedaSay
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM

I'm in the not excited camp. It's OK. The car is a bit bigger, a bit heavier, about the same power, has a smaller boot (yes it's got storage behind the seats as well) it's... Fine. The interior has a whiff of the German.