Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Picture & Video Thread - Page 34 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Picture & Video Thread

Bravo73

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That Emira has flown further than Musk’s Tesla roadster!

One thing I learned as a hobby photographer back in the day was that wide angled lenses stretch and distort the image. Since the advent of mobile phone cameras, this view of the world seems to have become the norm when looking at amateur on-line images. In the Emira’s case, such images make it look overly dumpy. All those who have seen the car in the flesh know that this is not the case. If I was putting out footage on-line, I’d only use a camera with a proper lens.

On 03/03/2022 at 13:13, AK70 said:

So it is March and we have not seen all the Launch Edition Colours on real cars yet?!

Becomes silly.. Come on Lotus how hard can it be to build six cars?!

So it is Mid-April and we have not seen all the Launch Edition Colours on real cars yet ????!!!!

Okokok I know... but anyway!

And he! I think it is funny, that the only car driven by journalist was in colour, you can't actually buy.. 😉

But I'm sure we are getting there... hopefully before internal computions enginges will be banned... (in some countries 2025...)

• Haha 1
For the few who know the difference

• Gold FFM

The latest reason given is they can't publish photos of cars unless they are production cars, in case the colour and build isn't to production standard 🙃

That's presumably why they did press reviews, videos and photos with a non-production colour 🙄

The latest estimate for publishing photos is "soon" - LOTUS = Lotus Often Tell Us "Soon" or Let's Optimistically Target Update "Soon" ;) 

• Haha 2

I love the blue car. Keeps making me want to switch colours. Give me a verdant pic and put me out of my misery for gods sake!

Edited by Mctaff

9 hours ago, Jack Stone said:

Emira to be GT3 and GT4 Safety Car throughout 2022, starting this weekend at Oulton. Pic British GT

Does say  ......

Lotus Emira GT4, which was revealed in 2021, will be officially launched in the coming weeks.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Is it just the photo or is that a small wing on the back of the white car?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

2 hours ago, simonb said:

is that gaffa tape on the roof lights?

Yup..  on original photos looks like seatbelt webbing going across the roof lights and through the window with gaffa tape holding it in place and the comm's aerial is stuck on with gaffa tape. 

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

2 hours ago, ramjet said:

Is it just the photo or is that a small wing on the back of the white car?

It's an Evora, which at launch had an integral rear wing that cleaned up the air off the rear without much drag, this was at the same race meeting in June 2009. Evora3126.jpg

• Like 1

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

• Gold FFM

Of course it is an Evora.

Silly me. 😴

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

At first it was hard to tell as it was drowned out by the cars it was shepherding.  But once,  it did pass at speed ahead of the pack at a restart and sounded good.  I have a vid of this (on phone) but cannot post as it is too big apparently.  If someone can tell me how to compress it, I'll gladly share.

Also, I don't know who was driving it, but they managed to stall it twice while at the back of the grid!  Plus, only half of the brake light strip was working.

21 minutes ago, Redwing said:

Also, I don't know who was driving it, but they managed to stall it twice while at the back of the grid!  Plus, only half of the brake light strip was working.

It's a Lotus. Probably back at the factory today for a new clutch, starter motor and electical ground checks 🤣

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Redwing said:

I have a vid of this (on phone) but cannot post as it is too big apparently.  If someone can tell me how to compress it, I'll gladly share.

The easiest way is to upload it to somewhere like YouTube then link to it from here. 

3 hours ago, Redwing said:

At first it was hard to tell as it was drowned out by the cars it was shepherding.  But once,  it did pass at speed ahead of the pack at a restart and sounded good.  I have a vid of this (on phone) but cannot post as it is too big apparently.  If someone can tell me how to compress it, I'll gladly share.

The drivers appear to be these two; L. Vickers and the man (their names are on their belts).  

image.thumb.jpeg.4b73878e110e0dbde100978b7a9da5d7.jpeg