Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Picture & Video Thread - Page 35 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Picture & Video Thread

Bravo73

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Giveitfish said:

I was there Saturday - was actually surprised to see the car was manual, I was expecting IPS for its intended use for some reason.

Anyway, enjoy this comparison with the £100k more expensive McLaren Artura - If I was a McLaren PR person I'd keep these two apart...

IMG_1617.jpeg

Ooo. Ooo.

SNAP!

Do I get to keep both now?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Link to the live stream that was broadcast on YouTube for Round 1 of the British GT Championship. The Emira led the cars round the circuit for a rolling start.

And the link to the Round 2 stream:

• Like 2

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

Was it the lady driving? She was standing on the left side of the car.

'only half of the brake light strip was working'

I have to say that does not reflect well on Lotus at all. All these new customers they have lined up, holding deposits on new Emiras, and/or considering putting down deposits on the Eletre - what message does it send to them?

Surely, now, there can be no excuse for sending out a car with a fault like that. Unless there's a genuine reason (damaged by another car at the last minute etc.), it just seems amateurish, giving a poor impression for a company claiming that quality control is now 'sorted'. I'm assuming it's an early/preproduction model but it's representing Lotus, at a well-publicised event, on the verge of one of their most important ever vehicle launches: it should have been checked over thoroughly. You can just imagine chuckles from the crowd about 'typical Lotus' when they saw only half the brake strip was working.

Coverage has been exceptionally positive, thus far - it's clear people want the car/Lotus to do well. If faults like that crop up, however - something, where the police would pull you over - then some of those first reviews will leave a nasty aftertaste...

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Bee said:

You can just imagine chuckles from the crowd about 'typical Lotus' when they saw only half the brake strip was working.

Some of the Evora owners will be envious the whole clutch was working 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only here once

Seeing it enter the race series and finish with a podium/win?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Some of the Evora owners will be envious the whole clutch was working 🤪

Let's all hope the Emira doesn't have the same clutch as the Evora 😉

10 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Was it the lady driving? She was standing on the left side of the car.

Yes.

On 18/04/2022 at 15:42, TomE said:

How did it sound out on track?

Very good but a lot quieter than a standard Evora 400

On 16/04/2022 at 21:35, simonb said:

is that gaffa tape on the roof lights?

Yes, but the unit is actually held on with large suction cups.  The tape is the "belt and braces".

Found this posted by Caffyns - don't remember seeing this one.

May be an image of 1 person, car and text that says "IP409 VP4 11"

On 19/04/2022 at 00:56, Giveitfish said:

I was there Saturday - was actually surprised to see the car was manual, I was expecting IPS for its intended use for some reason.

Anyway, enjoy this comparison with the £100k more expensive McLaren Artura - If I was a McLaren PR person I'd keep these two apart...

That McLaren though 😍