Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira deposits and build slots - Page 4 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira deposits and build slots

simonb

25 minutes ago, gregs24 said:

I assume they will build 30 or so cars as a pre-production run for crash testing and pre-release testing etc. I think Lotus built 17 Elises for this sort of thing back in 1995/6.

My understanding is that the grey one is the only one that actually runs and the blue one is incomplete?

Girl on the stand said the blue one was a demo version only and will be doing the rounds for all shows, displays etc over the rest of the year. 

construction and property consultants : My company

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
3 minutes ago, Beady said:

Girl on the stand said the blue one was a demo version only and will be doing the rounds for all shows, displays etc over the rest of the year. 

When the elan was launched lotus sent one to London lotus centre for display - but no one was allowed to drive it/move it other than lotus staff.  - or even open the doors/boot/bonnet. Lets hope that the blue one works and will be able to be driven by the dealers even if the potential customers are only passengers????

The blue one on stand at Goodwood was a non-runner with an incomplete interior - I asked if they could pop the boot but they said it wasn't operational.

On the topic of build slots and deposits; the guys I talked to said they were going to produce something like 87 test cars and the grey one was #1. Deposits being taken from dealers and online / on the stand wont get a build slot yet - pricing will be released in Sept, with first press car tests in Feb 22, dealer and service training in March and series production starting for April deliveries, of the V6. They said the i4 would be 3 months later.

The point of build slots was that people with a deposit will likely be given the choice of whether they want V6 or i4 after pricing is released and that would then drive actual build slots. So best case for early depositors is they'll be approached in Sept and could lock in their spec for April delivery of V6 (£75k+) or July for i4 (£60k+).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TomE said:

There’s still a lot of details to be finalised.  For example I was told the exposed shifter on the manual is probably going to need a mesh across the footwell openings for the US market to address safety (finger trap) requirements.  So the mesh might be fitted to all First Edition cars globally, or might be a customer option or might be mandatory on US cars.

There will be dozens of things like this, big and small, still to sort.

I spotted the mesh covering the gear change mechanism, I think it was part of one of the videos in the live launch on Tuesday.

Edited by mg4lotus
multiple posts not responding

That mesh is on my list of things to do with the V6. I even joked about it with Mr Windle.

1. PPF

2. Remove the mesh

3. Get a carbon side pod replacement

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

As a previous Evora owner I was all set to buy another used Evora before I saw the sub £60k price point for the Emira and my deposit was immediately placed. All the hype is suggesting a huge number of deposits and at this early stage a huge success for the relaunch of the Lotus Brand. I just hope they don’t mess it up now and get greedy on the back of this great uptake and position a poverty spec entry level car at £59950 with at least another few thousand needing spent for paint and basics.  If so watch how many of those new customers suddenly disappear and the positive vibe goes negative very fast.

The Evora didn’t sell despite being a wonderful car and I can’t help think price point versus competition played a big part of this. Id hazard a guess a lot of the deposits are because of what you appear to be getting for that headline entry price point.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Al said:

As a previous Evora owner I was all set to buy another used Evora before I saw the sub £60k price point for the Emira and my deposit was immediately placed. All the hype is suggesting a huge number of deposits and at this early stage a huge success for the relaunch of the Lotus Brand. I just hope they don’t mess it up now and get greedy on the back of this great uptake and position a poverty spec entry level car at £59950 with at least another few thousand needing spent for paint and basics.  If so watch how many of those new customers suddenly disappear and the positive vibe goes negative very fast.

The Evora didn’t sell despite being a wonderful car and I can’t help think price point versus competition played a big part of this. Id hazard a guess a lot of the deposits are because of what you appear to be getting for that headline entry price point.

I expect to see a bare bones version after the First edition run out. Hopefully they lower the price but that is a long shot. 

I hope they do, I was hoping the starting  price was lower £50's, with a few extra to £55k. Its currently  out of my reach  at  over £60k 

Looks like Swiss dealers are taking it seriously, requesting 5k CHF (ca. 4k GBP) of a deposit (and, as mentioned previously, quoting 72k EUR of an end price). Just paid mine, will be probably getting an early allocation here, but if the V6 is going to be another 20+k, it looks like I'll have to wait for an I4 one... 

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, Al said:

There's previous on this.  Early Evora deposit holders were told an indicative price before the launch, then Lotus launched the car and (a) had a higher base price than indicated and (b) required all early cars to be a Launch Edition spec with all the options ticked.  Several people, me included, were priced out by that move and cancelled orders.  I hope Lotus remember and First Edition Emira spec doesn't become £60k + £15-20k of compulsory options.  I was told at Goodwood that First Edition was likely to be around £15k of options discounted to around £12k.  Let's see.

4 hours ago, TomE said:

There's previous on this.  Early Evora deposit holders were told an indicative price before the launch, then Lotus launched the car and (a) had a higher base price than indicated and (b) required all early cars to be a Launch Edition spec with all the options ticked.  Several people, me included, were priced out by that move and cancelled orders.  I hope Lotus remember and First Edition Emira spec doesn't become £60k + £15-20k of compulsory options.  I was told at Goodwood that First Edition was likely to be around £15k of options discounted to around £12k.  Let's see.

But this is almost always the way of any launch edition vehicle.  First they will be maxed out with options as those less interested can get in line and buy after the first wave.  Pricing guidance is going to fluctuate up to the last minute.  Again, if you want more certainly, join the lien after the first wave.  I purchased a Sony DVD when they first came out, it was industries first generation signature model, cost $10,000, guess what while I still use it, a $60 model is probably as good, except that disc transport is like a swiss watch in its motion.

7 hours ago, Woodman said:

First edition will be v6 loaded at around 75k

I reckon base edition V6 would be £75k, so first edition V6 will be more like £85k

1 hour ago, ewand said:

I reckon base edition V6 would be £75k, so first edition V6 will be more like £85k

Yeah, I think so too. This is on the basis will indeed have all we want. If it is £85 and we still have to add in the Packs, wheels and stereo then it will be a disaster.

So, once the First edition run is over - which now looks like 1320 cars  - then one would expect the next release to  be a cheaper base and then add on what you wish.

21 minutes ago, Denno said:

After much back and forth thinking I’ve decided to put a deposit down, the car just looks so special I couldn’t resist. 

That's the spirit. :)

What was the delay? 😜

I know there is a lot of uncertainty about specs, testing etc and how many shifts the factory is going to do, but I was wondering if anyone could help settle my impatience by making an educated guess at when I might expect to get a car next year. I placed a deposit at 9am ish on Wed last week, the day after the Hethel launch, hopefully before the big spike in deposits from Goodwood. Probably going for a V6 so I'm hoping it will be spring/early summer next year. Too optimistic?

Ooooh, you're the first one to ask!   Million dollar question :)

The way things are going then my guess is that people who don't  put a deposit in this year might struggle to get one in 2022 at all, based on 1320 UK slots.

I 'think' YOU will be fine as the big leap was Goodwood and people will continue to deposit for the next several months.

I would guestimate, and this is of course complete bollocks :),  you are looking at early summer slot. 

Depends how many people continue and how many went for the v6.

We won't know anything better until late September. We might actually have a proposed date then.  

This can then be affected by any future lockdown - though at least Robots do not get furloughed :)

• Like 1

Hey, don't hold me to it! :)   it is mostly based on intuition though have got a few things right so far.

Those who have a deposit would all dearly love to enjoy  in the small window of decent weather that might come our way in late Spring/Summer 👍

• Gold FFM

@freefall_junkie There were in the region of 200-300 UK deposits prior to last Tuesday’s reveal.  That roughly doubled before Goodwood started on Thursday.  So an early Wed deposit is probably somewhere around 300-400 in line.  Assume some will wait for i4.  If the factory doesn’t run at full output (100 cars a week) initially and only has one shift, then maybe 50-75 cars a week for the first few months.

If deliveries start in April as has been said so far, then you’re looking at maybe 8 weeks later.  So should be in time for summer. 

• Like 1

I have been trying to place my deposit online since Thursday last, system doesn’t complete at point of payment. Spoke to Hethel directly and asked should I go via my local dealer or continue direct. They seem to be in some disarray! Waiting for a call back, so spoke to my dealer contact and a new one “Rybrook” Deduced that I know as much as they do at moment. Anyone actually had their deposit confirmed by return confirmation from Lotus direct?

Yes, but early on. I had a dealer deposit in place and soon after the 'reveal' they told me to make it offiical by using the Lotus website. I paid the £2K and got a confirmation number (within 2 minutes) which I passed back to the dealer to formalise place on the list :)

Edited by duncx