Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Esprit from Salvage Hunters TV show - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Esprit from Salvage Hunters TV show

jonwat

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Article says  

Now into its sixth series, Salvage Hunters: Classic Cars will return to the Quest TV channel early in 2022. The show will also be available through the Discovery+ on-demand service.

• 3 months later...

I watched this. The end was result was stunning but £28.5k for the car at the beginning (and it needed a roof?) seemed really high ($37.5k). Is that the going rate in the UK?

if so, does anyone want to buy a running federal S1 with a perfectly good roof 🤣

Jim

Jim McLeskey Richmond, VA USA

35 minutes ago, Mysterae said:

I was gobsmacked at the price for the interior refurb. It's definitely nice, but not £16,000 nice.

been Fulchers price for some time now

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

The quality of a piece of trim work by Steve (or Nick R.I.P.) is not the same as they left the factory. Theirs is stitch perfect, there will be perfectly even pull on material etc, so the cost is understandable when factoring in the time and effort. I don't know whether that was £16k incl material but suspect it was despite the voice-over saying that Drew had it made. The interior trim (which we know isn't chrome but that's what voice-over said) may also have been part of that cost and those kits of trim were very expensive as they had to be re-manufactured.

3 hours ago, pete said:

been Fulchers price for some time now

I thought that Fulchers price was mid-20s and that £16k was cheap. 

The interior is high but I can get it. But was the car itself worth £28.5k as purchased?

Jim McLeskey Richmond, VA USA

• 3 weeks later...

This series appeared on Discovery plus yesterday and enjoyed watching episode 1 with the Esprit. It is entertainment after all ;) 

I wondered for a moment if Lotus/Mr Walker was going to buy it for the Heritage collection when they had it at Hethel for its post restoration shake down but they said it sold at an online auction, the (supposed) buyer did turn up to collect it on the show. 

Good to see Scott Walker on the show, he is certainly getting some TV / YT exposure currently :thumbsup: 

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

On 08/12/2021 at 21:29, ChrisJ said:

I thought that Fulchers price was mid-20s and that £16k was cheap. 

I've been reliably informed that the price of this retrim is £16,000+VAT plus materials. So nearer £20,000

On 29/12/2021 at 20:48, Paul Coleman said:

The full episode is on YouTube

Cheers have downloaded it but will watch it in full when on tv later this week.

• Like 1

For UK based folk sans Discovery + the show is being aired on Quest TV on Wednesday, 5th January 2100.

FreesatChannel 167 (SD/HD) Channel 168 (+1) Channel 172 (SD)

Sky UK and Sky IrelandChannel 144 (SD/HD) Channel 244 (+1) Channel 834 (SD)

Astra 2E (28.2°E)11426 V 29500 8/9 (HD)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nifty said:

I have to say, seeing the completed car does make me feel rather green with envy

You mean you were green and tartan with envy ;)

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1545805/Salvage-Hunters-classic-cars-disagreement-James-Bond-Lotus-Esprit-Paul-Cowland?fbclid=IwAR0RbTPBdaLG9JZC7JDqne4OIz3LxILmUha09PK4sfw3xlwIHsd1anv84wU

• Like 2

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

• 1 year later...