Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Road Tests & Reviews - Page 18 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Road Tests & Reviews

Bibs

On 12/06/2022 at 21:35, jimichanga said:

I expect Flintoff will stick up for it while Chris Harris tears it to shreds unfortunately. Amazing how these new unobtainable GT3 Tourings keep appearing on his driveway though…

Ye of little faith😜

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

5 minutes ago, Trevsked said:

I’ll expect pictures then 🙂

Trevor.

Only after they have repaired the damage.

1 hour ago, Beady said:

Really positive review.

and That DV - love it!

proper james bond colour. magnificent!!

• Like 1

Just about as positive a review as I’ve seen Chris Harris give - really positive for the Emira given the size of the audience. Interesting there were no specific shots of the interior - clearly a pre production model and that was the condition of shooting. Anyone know if it was a tour or sport chassis?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveC72 said:

Could you be any more dismissive and condescending?   Or just outright rude to those who have committed? 

Makes no difference whatsoever to me if Chris Harris loved it or hated it but many were hanging their hopes on his review. He is very influential sadly but it’s refreshing to see him giving Lotus a break with a very important car for once. Some short memories here regarding what he has written about Lotus in the past. I don’t agree with what he wrote then so I’ll wait to make my own mind up about the Emira now. Unlike Chris Harris no offence intended.

Edited by jimichanga
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

Simple answer no, obviously not the review jimichanga and a good few so called Lotus enthusiast wanted on this forum they know who i am talking about. 

Strange to think that anyone here would want a terrible review about a new Lotus. If I’m being honest it came as some relief given Harris’s previous utterances. Everyone I’m sure wishes Lotus every success with the Emira but not everyone wants to buy one in its current spec. That’s all there is to it.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, jerzybondov said:

Just about as positive a review as I’ve seen Chris Harris give - really positive for the Emira given the size of the audience. Interesting there were no specific shots of the interior - clearly a pre production model and that was the condition of shooting. Anyone know if it was a tour or sport chassis?

Touring + Goodyears 

• Like 1

WOW!!!

Didn;t see that coming. That is a fantastic review really, for the Emira.

As I said earlier, I think the damp conditions actually help. No mention of any front-end issues but, more important than the track shenanigans, was that he rated it so high on the road.

Plus, showing how it still suits a tall chap. Perfect.

Brilliant. That has made Jethro look a tad silly really.

Oh, I am so happy. How silly, eh?  😊

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM
42 minutes ago, DaveC72 said:

For someone who claims to cause no offence, you really do use some quite inflammatory language.  If the reviewers, Chris Harris or otherwise, make no difference to you then why the constant chipping in with the incessantly negative slant.  No doubt, you will chime in with your few lines of praise, thinly veiled swipes though they might be.  You've made it clear that this isn't the car for you.  I genuinely have no issue with that.  Cub's honour.  I'm also not advocating that we should not be allowed to voice our opinions and debate the merits, positive or otherwise.  It is a bit wearisome though, when pretty much every post you make contains some slight on those who ARE excited about the Emira.  I get the passion, but can we not be a little bit mindful of those who are genuinely excited, intrigued or otherwise engaged?

I'm a bit puzzled @DaveC72. Are you referring to @MJON?

He has a deposit down for an Emira. Either that or his little About' thingamy under his avatar is telling fibs.

• Haha 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Sorry @ramjet, that should have been obvious, and certainly not directed at MJON.  Tried to follow them there "rules" and not quote the post above and MJON's post slipped in there.

• Like 1

Hendy Exeter have had a few calls about the Emira after TG, but have to direct them  to the Lotus web site to place a deposit. Lotus web site indicates a wait of 60 weeks for the car, which is better than I expected. Hendy think that demand will increase after interested people get the chance to drive one from the showroom.

When I parked up in my gt430 outside , there were a couple of guys who appreciated the car and had watched TG yesterday, so were aware of the new Emira and that it was well received.

Certainly the Emira is more known about today than last week.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, DaveC72 said:

Sorry @ramjet, that should have been obvious, and certainly not directed at MJON.  Tried to follow them there "rules" and not quote the post above and MJON's post slipped in there.

I did a bit more careful and thoughtful reading. Pretty sure I know what you meant now. :thumbup:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

2 hours ago, James DG said:

Top Gear Website Review

Pretty lukewarm...

I actually thought it was pretty good.  They addressed the few things they felt might need improvement, but overall were quite complimentary.

This was a good statement:

"Unlike an Elise, which practically crackled with unfiltered analogue feedback, the Emira takes more time and miles to get to know. But once you’ve spent time with it, it’s a really pleasing, engaging and feedback-rich road car: balanced, fast, and involving. With a sweeter gearshift, a less annoying steering wheel and perhaps a fruitier sounding engine, it would be unbeatable."

and I thought THIS was VERY interesting:

image.thumb.png.ec01c2d445ef841d4c7d4a1c39ffb0ba.png

I was fully expecting the Emira would be down around the 16mpg area when being driving in an "excitable" fashion, but if they got 24, and on a long steady speed trip you can possibly get 30, that's impressive!