Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you 'Shake your Head' today? - Page 4 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you 'Shake your Head' today?

ramjet

I guess that you'd want a learner to know that big red warning light telling them to stop driving, means they need to stop driving. Not that it does stop some people who just carry on in real life.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Yes it would be seen and Test terminated. 

i always think pad censors are an unnecessary bit of modern car tech. The censers always cut through very early with usually 1000/1500 miles of meat left on them. What happened to the good old days of actually looking at them?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Caroline Henry: Driving ban for police boss caught speeding five times

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-62207530

Nottinghamshire's Conservative PCC Caroline Henry broke a 30mph (48km/h) limit in four locations in the county between March and June 2021.

Speed cameras clocked the PCC's speed as high as 40mph in a 30mph zone, with other excess speeds recorded at 35mph and 38mph.

A few people on here seem to just like to blame the Government, or a Global Conspiracy of the Wealthy, as to why "normal" people are struggling with debt etc.

However, quite a lot of it is down to the choices people make, as below. Unbelievable and further confirmation that many of the generation behind me is incapable of taking responsibility or accountability for their actions and they're often just entitled idiots.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62148525.amp

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM

I bought my other half that exact Lego bouquet, it's very nice with added aftermarket LEDs fitted. She and the lad had fun putting it together. 

Signature not working...

Yes, but did buying it push you over the edge and into debt as a result? Or would you have bought it if it did?

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM

Of course not, just saying it's a nice Lego present for someone.

If the news beats you up so bad @C8RKH, stop reading it. It's a bit like feeding trolls, they want you to react with the sensationalist bollocks they write.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Signature not working...

Good point Toyah. I'm going to self regulate on the news by drinking more wine so I'm too blissed to care.

• Haha 1

Wine is fine, but whiskey works quicker 😉 (Ozzy)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

As my wife once said, sometimes it's better to not want to get there first! 😂🤣😂🤣

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Spending more time editing user posts where the poster has quoted the post directly preceding their post than being able to enjoy different topics as I read them.

And yes I know, people think it funny to now quote this when they answer it directly below. You're amusing yourself. No-one else.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

We might be amusing ourselves but you're wasting precious life minutes doing something no-one cares about. If you quote the whole post it just shrinks it anyway so the Forum is working to spec surely?

You know, we may complain about the state of the U&K, our politicians, and our bureaucrats, but at least we can always rely on those in positions of power in France to repeatedly show us just how incompetent and what a lying bunch of toe rags they are. Hot on the heels of the debacle at the Stadium France for the Champions League final, were we now know there was systemic lying and incompetence from officials at all levels, we now get this reported.  You really could not make it up....

The Port of Dover has declared a "critical incident" due to six-hour queues leading to the ferry terminal.

Chief executive Doug Bannister said the port had been "badly let down" by French border controls.

French authorities said an "unforeseeable technical incident" in the Channel Tunnel meant French border police were delayed into Dover.

However Eurotunnel rejected this, saying it was "categorically not the reason for the difficulties".

A spokesman added: "The critical incident in Dover started overnight. The minor technical incident at the Channel Tunnel occurred at 07:00 BST, well after the critical incident."

French border resources have now increased, the port said, and "traffic is slowly beginning to move".

Dover's MP Natalie Elphicke claimed French border officers "didn't turn up for work", causing traffic to queue for miles.

French border checks in DoverIMAGE SOURCE,PA MEDIA
Image caption,
Holidaymakers are being delayed at French border checks in Dover

However in a statement this afternoon, the prefect for the Haut-de-France region, Georges-Francois Leclerc, said it was not correct to say that the French had failed to mobilise sufficient border police for the predicted rush.

"The increase in traffic for this weekend was fully anticipated and a suitable deployment was prepared," the statement said.

"The plan was to have all the police booths manned at Dover by 08:30 BST.

"An unforeseeable technical incident in the tunnel meant that police had to push back their full deployment by an hour."

• 3 weeks later...

Something a lot lighter (fortunately) had me shake my head or at least raise my eyebrows earlier this week.

After a good meal at one of our favorite pubs we decided to order ice cream for desert. Much to our surprise, we both got a fork instead of a little spoon. Despite the heat, we managed to finish our cups before it got too runny. 🙂 If not, we would have found other means, just not sure my tongue would have reached the bottom. The dog would have liked that no doubt, especially if he was allowed to 'clean' my beard afterwards.

• Haha 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

May be an image of 2 people and text that says "Burglars seen laughing and joking as they leave Hull Crown Court after avoiding jail CALENDAR CRIME AND COURTS HULL Wednesday 17 August 2022 at 3:07pm 3:07 Elliott Boothby and Keiron Stewart outside Hull Crown Court. Credit:MENMedia Credit: MEN Media"

Write up from Police site:

Recorder Peter Makepeace QC had earlier told them that they would "never know" how lucky they were not to be sent to prison immediately and that they had "got away with it". He warned them: "You haven't got away with it."

He then proceeded to LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT.

Shame on you Peter Makepeace. Would they have got the same sentence if they'd burgled YOUR house, or an M.P.'s house?

If the answer is no, (and deep down YOU KNOW) then you're no longer fit to sit on that bench and serve the Queen and the public in the interests of justice.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

• Gold FFM

They might have been in tears had they known the truth.  My idiot son-in-law is doing a stretch at the moment.  He has carpet, TV, a Playstation, a phone in his room with unlimited use, is being retrained as a plasterer and has all-day access to the well-provisioned gym.  I'm seriously considering a life of crime.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.