Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Test Drives - Page 3 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Test Drives

Emiralust

email today - test booked for Wednesday am at silverstone  - although they have touring and i have ordered sport - (current production date Jan23)

construction and property consultants : My company

• Gold FFM
51 minutes ago, PJS said:

Got booked on for this Saturday. Excited. Perhaps we need a fresh thread for this new era of fastest finger first dealer test drives? @TomE

I was in meetings and so was 2 hours behind everyone else.  Booked for 16 Dec.  So much for the Lotus promise to prioritise early deposit holders.  I’ll probably have to do Checkout before I can test drive.

First person booked and test drove this afternoon 👍

• Like 1

One of the first 30 depositors,  no email yet and all dealers within 100miles only have sports suspension which I have not ordered. Given what I have read on here it sounds very unlikely there will be any slots left  (when/if I get an email) before I have to commit to the purchase. Given the number of ‘flip’ requests I have been told directly that some dealers have been asked about and the state of the economy I think there are a lot of speculators out there hoping for a premium which is looking less likely. I have no intention of flipping, but if I cant try the car, get it and don’t rate it, it would be a pretty poor result after all this time if I cant sell it on without loss. 

As a very long term multiple Lotus owner this is again disappointing. They should simply have let the “agents” deal with their own customers. Having watched some of the Eletre interviews you cant help thinking that the Emira is such a tiny part of the plan as they switch to electric that the global management team are focussed elsewhere. The Emira has done its job in maintaining attention whilst they transition, but is now just a footnote and whether they actually deliver 5000 or 30,000 is probably irrelevant in the bigger plan. I have just been offered a lovely GT4 but suspect its a bit too hard for a regular ( albeit not daily ) car, but at least its available, of proven build and residuals and it certainly has me thinking. 

Edited by Woodman
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM

Just seen the email, and it seems I don't have a hope of a test drive unless I travel a considerable distance.  Can't see anything left in B&C's calendar.  Hey ho!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Sparky said:

Just seen the email, and it seems I don't have a hope of a test drive unless I travel a considerable distance.  Can't see anything left in B&C's calendar.  Hey ho!

They had about 170 slots available and they all went in about 3 hours after the email went out at 4pm yesterday.  Seems daft to have so few slots and then open it up to all deposit holders at once.

• Sad 1

Got my mail on Monday, tried to book Rybrook Bristol within the hour, but nothing available as all taken. Just gone back into site and there are a range of dates available for January, so just booked in. Have already driven it at Hethel and it’s actually the i4FE that I’m going for, which i’m informed will not be until October, but do want to feel/see the quality of a final production car and drive it on the road. Besides it’s the day after my birthday, just hope it’s not snowing🥶

• Like 1

Well another disappointed fairly early deposit holder (10th July) and long term 5 Lotus owner here with 2 still in garage.  I was on an 8 hour flight to work when e-mail came in and was in transit in a lounge some 4 hours after e-mail arrived and couldn't get a single slot in Lotus Glasgow (nee Parks) in Nov or Dec. I'm working away until 7th Dec anyway but there were no slots.  Another LEGS member said it showed he was 308 in the queue to book when he first logged on soon after e-mail arrival.

Just been speaking to Customer Care and more slots have become available in the new year and you just need to follow the link - as only for deposit holders - I have just followed her advice and although I'm away all Jan I have now got 3rd Feb booked. Mixed feelings about that!  

As my job has prevented me evening seeing one to touch yet I'm pretty peeved overall to be honest although excited to know I at least have a date now.  I think I'll try Glasgow directly to when next home in December to just see the car in showroom even without a drive.  It will be a start.

Edited by Al
Updated info re test drive

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

First I heard of test drives was from a friend who placed a deposit after me and had received the email and booked a slot. Nothing yet for me, do you have to receive the email invitation? I sent an email to Lotus Silverstone but didn’t get a reply.

• Gold FFM

You'll need the email from Lotus with the personalised link if you're a deposit holder.

After 21 Nov you'll be able to book direct with dealers but I guess you'll then be looking at March or later for a slot, provided you jump in quick.  Some dealers have over 1,000 people without deposits who have registered as wanting a test drive.

I would recommend phoning Lotus Customer Care after my experience today.  03300 948 047 and I used option 2 then 1.  I have to write to them now about another matter and she did warn me that emails can take 48+ hours to be responded to.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Just had an update from the lovely people at customer care. They confirmed my build and delivery unchanged, which I find very hard to believe given the number of deliveries so far against the numbers in the Harry’s Farm video. I had hoped it was ‘the call’ to start the checkout process but no.

Re the infamous demo’s email I was told the ‘original’ plan was to space out the emails but that was changed and they all went out together. As I and a number of others still havent even had an email I pointed out that was not correct and I understand that test drives are booked out. Given that I was assured I would get a drive before committing I asked what would happen if I couldn't get the demo and I wanted to delay the car until I could. I was told that they hadnt had that yet so didnt know!! You might think someone in the management would have thought about that surely?

I then asked if I wanted to delay the car until I could get the demo would I be kicked in 2024? I was told they didnt know but if it could be delayed I would be charged storage!!!! So they are 7 months late and if I want to delay a month or two they now charge me.

After all the mess ups with bookings , deposits and now reports of demo’s being held up with ECU warning lights I would love to ask Lotus who actually is in charge of the Emira project, it smacks of a project being controlled by multiple groups with zero cohesion. 

Edited by Woodman
  • Sad 3