Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Update from Lotus - Page 17 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Update from Lotus

Bibs

4 hours ago, Rambo said:

might reach 20 by Xmas

20 a week or 20 in total to real customers.

That is way behind what was being suggested only a couple of weeks ago, very hard to see how you really ramp up from that given ‘parts shortage’ has been the problem for twelve months and things may not markedly improve in the foreseeable future. Very frustrating for the factory as well as us and its now become a real headache for the management whose time is focussed on electric and SUV’s -understandably.

SUV’s if good will, like porsche be maybe 70-80% of target production. Given their commitment to producing an electric sports car out of Hethel in a couple of years plus the work still needed still on the I4 one wonders if production is going to be cut back significantly from original plans. Could FE mean both first edition or final edition 🙂

From Autocar

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/lotus-boss-firm-‘feels-it’s-alive-again’

“Not yet! It will keep going. We aren’t going to put an end date on the Lotus Emira. We’re just going to see how it goes. If we can get to the point of two cars running together, which is the plan, we will see if there’s life in it.”

It's not one or the other, they can build more than one model at a time. 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Customer support whilst as helpful as they can be, have no direct contact with the factory, just get issued with what to say. I contacted them today about my build slot and got exactly the same response as they sent me a month ago despite only a fraction of cars having gone out compared to what was being said 4 weeks ago. They haven't had an updated schedule for a while. I am expecting the next delay email shortly🥱

• Gold FFM

What had you previously been told?  I recall you were an early pre-reveal deposit, so presumably was Oct build/Nov delivery and most recently Nov or Dec build and Dec or Jan delivery?

• Gold FFM

Looking at howmanyleft.com, Lotus only delivered 50 odd Evoras by the end of September (2009 Q3)...after 13 years of production improvements, it doesn't look like they are improving on that!

Screenshot_20221108-204753.png

Edited by mcdonaa

1 hour ago, TomE said:

What had you previously been told?  I recall you were an early pre-reveal deposit, so presumably was Oct build/Nov delivery and most recently Nov or Dec build and Dec or Jan delivery?

Told June, then July, then September, then October, then December build slots. October was ‘locked in” , now they have reverted to January and saying it is an estimate only at this stage. No invitation email to test drive and all slots full and my most local dealer had to stop test drives after the first two this morning and have heard another one elsewhere withdrew after warning light came on. Loyalty being tested !

• Sad 4

• Gold FFM

Welcome to the “loyal enthusiasts put down sight-unseen pre-reveal deposit and get ignored by Lotus” club :)

Although, based on feedback so far, we may be better off waiting for later cars that don’t fail PDI, break down during test drives or need to go back to the dealer for fixes in the first month of ownership :( 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomE said:

Welcome to the “loyal enthusiasts put down sight-unseen pre-reveal deposit and get ignored by Lotus” club :)

I'm in that club too :thumbup:

Pre-reveal deposit, got an email a fortnight ago telling me to expect a further email so that I could book a test drive - heard nothing since :cry:

11 hours ago, Woodman said:

most local dealer had to stop test drives after the first two this morning and have heard another one elsewhere withdrew after warning light came on.

A bit of a concern, so chance of some more unhappy deposit holders getting their recently arranged test drives, postponed for a few days/weeks until the car(s) are fixed.

12 hours ago, TomE said:

It's been a shambles for many of the pre-reveal folks.  What's the latest news on your build month?

I moved my spec from V6 to i4 so I think the last I heard was March '23. However, they haven't even asked for my final build spec yet so I'm highly sceptical that that's realistic. If I call CS they confirm I'm high on the i4 list and just say they will be in touch.

Maybe they are prioritising V6 customers for V6 test drives, but then why send me the first email?

All very disappointing :(

EDIT: just checked again, latest delivery date promise is July '23 :lol:

Edited by duncx
  • Like 2

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, simonb said:

Could it be glitches in putting the pre "deposit to lotus" deposit holders into the system?

It appears to be linked to that.  Many of us were aware this had initially be converted incorrectly, as it affected the sequence in which we received comms.  We were assured by Scott Walker and LCC that it had been sorted.  Up until June that appeared to be the case.  But revised build sequences and comms after the June delays suggested they had reverted to the wrong deposit dates when re-scheduling the builds to Sept/Oct (now re-scheduled again for Oct-Jan).  What's odd is it seems to have affected a lot of pre-reveal folks but not all of them.  

What's frustrating is Lotus refuse to acknowledge the issue, investigate, explain or say sorry.  They just say it's down to parts supply issues, which clearly isn't the case for this sub-group.  We'll get our cars eventually, but it leaves a sour taste and has eroded a lot of goodwill and trust.

• Like 1

I'd bail out if I were in your shoes.

In the meantime still enjoy your Exige and Evora and pick up a 2nd hand Emira down the line when all the niggles and recalls have been sorted. And it's dropped £10,  plus you haven't also had to pay the extortionate 1st year road tax to HMRC 

• Like 1

Well just in case others in same position here is a story.  I decided to call rather than write to LCC which was a worthwhile exercise.  I am showing a May 23 build according to them but they still have me down for a LE V6 despite the fact that I have never at any point indicated I wanted a V6.  I've checked every email.  In fact about 2 months again I reconfirmed in writing I was looking for an i4 customer spec.  

Following an earlier post saying I was effectively thinking spring 24 before I saw it she agreed with me.  I am now going to change to a FE i4 but they can't say I will maintain my place in the queue for them as I'm changing spec. in their eyes!  

On 03/11/2022 at 15:17, JimH said:

Something sounds off with that date - are you sure they haven’t got you down for a V6 still? That would seem to make more sense to align with your original deposit date….

Good catch.  It was this post that made me phone.

On 03/11/2022 at 15:16, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Don’t forget that they’ve still got to bring the I4 to market. I don’t think anyone outside of Lotus has even driven one yet, so that could be the best part of another year for customer deliveries of those. That takes you nearly up to 2024, with an expected 2025 finish. Might not be worth the bother of developing a higher output model within that time frame.

Another post that made me give up on colour choice and accept a FE

On 04/11/2022 at 04:24, simonb said:

Mine said July 23 - deposit to silverstone 01/06/21 for i4

I'd check with them!  See my story above

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

5 hours ago, TomE said:

What's frustrating is Lotus refuse to acknowledge the issue, investigate, explain or say sorry.  They just say it's down to parts supply issues, which clearly isn't the case for this sub-group.  We'll get our cars eventually, but it leaves a sour taste and has eroded a lot of goodwill and trust.

I would be livid and frothing at the mouth but January now suits me actually. 

Also, fortunately, it is a brilliant car - for me.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel