Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
UK Politics Thread - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

UK Politics Thread

Barrykearley

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Boris looked very uncomfortable in an interview with the BBC before the first of these resignations.

Surely has to go now. Looks like those 2 could be lining themselves up to go for leader.

• Like 2

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Boris is being pummelled daily but he has the skin of a Rhino, 🤔 although they are also an endangered species. Be interesting to see what/who goes next.

• Like 1

2 people distancing themselves from him and his antics I think, maybe to give themselves a better chance of becoming party leader if/when he eventually goes…

• Like 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Gold FFM

There’s now resignations all over government and different departments. He’s utterly screwed.

who’s going to replace him - frankly no one.

time we had a none of the above option on a ballot paper

• Like 1

Only here once

18 minutes ago, Djs44 said:

What about Nicola taking charge ? 

Rearrange this as you see fit.

Off Right f**k.

You want to replace a deluded Prime Minister who is screwed up with a First Minister who is so deluded she makes Putin look sane?

What the hell have you been smoking/drinking?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Scotland is doing so well though - record rates of nhs waiting lists, teenage pregnancy, drug use, homelessness, education - it’s all going so well.

oh - hang on

• Haha 1

Only here once

NB - Anyone know what's going on with Starmer & Rayner?  The press have gone spectacularly quiet on 'Beergate'.   I wonder if the rumours of fines issued and injunctions are true?    

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Rearrange this as you see fit.

Off Right f**k.

You want to replace a deluded Prime Minister who is screwed up with a First Minister who is so deluded she makes Putin look sane?

What the hell have you been smoking/drinking?

I’ve had a pint of sarcasm . You , sir , need to refresh your sense of humour … and chill … 

( I can’t stand the woman , to be clear in case you think im serious . Blimey ) 

19 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Vote NO to Nikolei Sturgeonov

Let's get rid of the poison dwarf and make Scotland the great country it used to be. 

And let's keep the auld alliance 👍

Edited by Rambo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Djs44 said:

I’ve had a pint of sarcasm . You , sir , need to refresh your sense of humour … and chill … 

( I can’t stand the woman , to be clear in case you think im serious . Blimey ) 

Haha. I need to chill. Lol 

Let's chill together.

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

And let's keep the auld alliance

Erm. Isn't that between Scotland and France 😂🤣😂🤣

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Nicola Queen of Scots is probably thinking of taking her chances with the Westminster power vacuum and descending on London to claim the throne. Unfortunately all the flights are cancelled, the railways are on strike and the motorways are blocked with fuel price protestors, so it’s going to be a long hot walk.

As for Boris, even the Tory propaganda press Daily Mail has turned on him today.  They always back the Leader of the Conservative Party no matter how insane, so must believe a change is imminent.

mUgKGHK.jpg

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I don't know the state of your governement over there so can't comment on any of that.

I do remember Borsi on Top Gear and quite funnily tying Clarkson up in knots with his replies to JCs questions. Wasn't like he stopped to think about the answers either. Rattled 'em out like a machine gun.

Could have been all set up I suppose.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I see that Starmer is hoping that a GE is called saying that the U.K. needs a change in Govt, not just a change in Tory leader.

Well sorry Sir Kier, a knight of the round table you are not. When will you realise that not only you are unelectable but the whole shadow cabinet, with its approach of only being able to oppose everything for the sake of doing so plus their playground antics of loud mouth name calling, are also unelectable.

Labour may have got rid of Corbyn but unfortunately the party is still riddled with Corbynism. If only it had a leader who had some balls and a shadow cabinet who knew how to contribute to debated by offering “constructive criticism,” I could then be convinced that a better future may be a possibility with the Tories in opposition.

• Like 2

I think history shows that all UK Governments get one change in Prime Minister per term, if required. That would take his successor to the next scheduled GE.

It’s quite funny really. Since Cameron/Clegg introduced the Fixed-Term Parliaments Act in 2011 to bring some stability into the 5 year electoral cycle, we seem to have had nothing but turmoil. Cameron > May > Johnson > ? GE 2015, GE 2017, GE 2019, etc.

Probably a good decision that last one from a Conservative point of view. Otherwise there would have been a GE 2022, which probably would have been a disaster for them.

36 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Fixed-Term Parliaments Act

Repealed on 24 March 2022

• Like 1