Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Production Line Photos - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Production Line Photos

Bibs

Fab snaps. I didn't even ask if I could take photos.....so I didn't! I wasn't media though 🙂

It certainly has changed from when I toured the Elise production line in 2000 to see the 340R being built. 

I'm still unsure why I was allowed to attend yesterday - a fluke connection outside of my normal (very small) Lotus circles....but I'll take it. A very special day for this Lotus fanboy. 

Justin

• Like 1

Looking good in the factory. 

We are hoping that we will have a demo by the time the Eletre roadshow is with us end of October. Only dealer to have the Eletre on a Saturday!!!! 😉

great pics bibs. 

When @TomEand I were there it look pretty busy and one does wonder where all these cars have gotten to.

From those shots one would believe we are all looking okay but I got contradictory timing messaging in the space of 6 hours.

Have to agree on the quality and attention to detail. This was something that definitely warmed Tom's and my heart. Alas, that was 9 months ago and we seem not much nearer deliveries.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

4 minutes ago, Evotion said:

Alas, that was 9 months ago and we seem not much nearer deliveries.

:blink:

People in the EU have had their cars delivered, some UK deliveries are very much imminent. Like, really imminent.

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Bibs said:

:blink:

People in the EU have had their cars delivered, some UK deliveries are very much imminent. Like, really imminent.

I really really hope so.

We have been promised things so many times and then the story has changed.  It's now six times that my delivery date has been deferred, each time only 4-6 weeks before the delivery date I'd been given.  The last two times I was told Lotus were "confident" in the dates and that they would not move again.  So please forgive my scepticism when we are told yet again "soon".  We also still have the unexplained re-shuffling of the build sequence that pushed me and many other pre-reveal depositors to be 2-3 months further down the queue than people who placed post-reveal deposits.  And the delivery last month to EU customers who placed deposits 4 months after the reveal.

As you know, I keep an eye on a lot of Emira news.  I've seen about 10 customer cars delivered in Europe, of which only 3-4 have been driven away by customers - the rest are awaiting fixes of PDI issues and paperwork to enable them to be registered.  In the UK, I know 7 people who have completed the final checkout process, some over a month ago, and none have been contacted about a delivery date.  Dealer demo cars were promised for 14 Oct and are now back to being "soon".

lovely to see all those photos... the hethel yellow is making me reconsider my choice of DV, although DV also looks good.

worrying thought that I can't seem to spot a single RHD car in the 30 or so in the photos - I think that tells me a lot about when we're getting our cars!

• Gold FFM

image.pngSaw this photo and thought the guy had some sort of odd bandage on his head. Lol

12 hours ago, philcool said:

Love it they haven't thrown away thoes trolly Jack's 20180929_100357.thumb.jpg.aeee548f243f21e354e638df82621256.jpg

It's very handy to have a trolley jack that goes on the ceiling. :D 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

12 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Look closer:

sVrdBEL.jpg

ahh, well spotted! the RHD car is the one whose bonnet doesn't fit properly top right - I'm loving this new production process that makes panels with laser sharp tolerances.... 

• Gold FFM

Yup. Since the car is still on the production line, the bonnet could be ajar for any number of reasons. Confusing comment @Mctaff

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Oh… I thought the front didn’t open?

if it does, fair enough, it’s probably slightly open…

• Like 1

Previously seen a pic of a white pre production car with the 'bonnet' approaching vertical.  It appears that you need to remove a few clips/screws/bolts to gain access..

yeah I guess they've got to get whatever gubbins lives under there in and then the bonnet in place somehow, even if its off limits to me on a day to day basis