Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Real Life Feedback of Emira Owners Anyone? - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Real Life Feedback of Emira Owners Anyone?

PAR

Although there are streams about delivery, tests, reviews, what I am really looking for is real feedback from people who have their car delivered. 

How does it drive?

How does it compare to what you are used to?

Is it it all working?

Do you have any second thoughts ?

Anything you have discovered?

Hopefully all centralised in on stream to understand how people feel post delivery!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

37 minutes ago, rs200evo said:

Well, just as a counter balance, I picked my car up from Hethel a few weeks ago,was an April 2021 depositor, drove it back to Scotland in sub zero temperatures and have been using it daily and not a single issue or concern to report. Love the car, it's everything I hoped it would be, and finally a Lotus that feels perfectly balanced in terms of usability, practicality and looks/performance. I know Lotus have been struggling with issues, but given everything they have faced, and the price point they have delivered at, I think they deserve some kudos overall. 

Edited 37 minutes ago by rs200evo

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Do you think it’s because they aren’t contributing to this forum? I too was expecting a flood of real world Emira content both positive and negative since the first deliveries started, but it’s just been a trickle. It would be a shame if Emira and upcoming new model owners go their own way. TLF is officially supported by Lotus Cars with close contact to the factory, is it not?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bibs said:

I can't see any reason why they wouldn't contribute here, perhaps they're just busy enjoying their new cars! This year will see a huge ramp up in delivery numbers so I'm sure there will be a few new owners along soon with their thoughts :)

They’re keeping the mileage down for the spring flipping frenzy….

12 hours ago, Bibs said:

I can't see any reason why they wouldn't contribute here, perhaps they're just busy enjoying their new cars! This year will see a huge ramp up in delivery numbers so I'm sure there will be a few new owners along soon with their thoughts :)

You should get Lotus to put a TLF sticker inside every new Emira. You've done shed loads to keep supporters of the brand loyal and informed for years bud....

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

You need tp update your profile Heiner.

It still reads 'soon Emira V6'. :P 

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Glad to hear it Heiner 👍 

And sorry to hear about your minor problems. Would there be a benefit to other Emira owners to have an "Emira niggles and faults" topic? Just a thought anyway. Others might benefits from your problems/solutions.

• 1 month later...

I really want to like my Emira, but it's testing my patience with just over 400 miles covered...

The minor stuff:

• Tracker not working Resolved following a home visit from Scorpion
  • Clicking/rattle noise from dash
  • Strange noises on full lock
  • Bubbled finish on the binnacle
  • Passenger side wind whistle > 50mph
  • Door seals - fit not great
  • Random disconnects when using Android Auto
  • Wiper speed issue - Unable to select other speeds until after restart once Auto has been used
  • Dash vents for demisting side windows, weird ventilation issues generally

Today's development:

• ESC error and limp mode - Limp mode has gone following a restart, but the ESC Service Required warning is still there

I'll give it a go again tomorrow and have it recovered to B&C on Monday if it's no better.  I was saving up the minor stuff to make a B&C visit worthwhile, but the latest issue could be serious/dangerous depending on where and when it decides to happen.

A bit of Googling suggests that all of the above is not unheard of, the "joys" of being an early adopter, or same old Lotus...time will tell.  Either way, it's disappointing following the delays and all the talk of quality being top priority throughout the production process.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, KennyN said:

I really want to like my Emira, but it's testing my patience with just over 400 miles covered...

The minor stuff:

• Tracker not working Resolved following a home visit from Scorpion
  • Clicking/rattle noise from dash
  • Strange noises on full lock
  • Bubbled finish on the binnacle
  • Passenger side wind whistle > 50mph
  • Door seals - fit not great
  • Random disconnects when using Android Auto
  • Wiper speed issue - Unable to select other speeds until after restart once Auto has been used
  • Dash vents for demisting side windows, weird ventilation issues generally

Today's development:

• ESC error and limp mode - Limp mode has gone following a restart, but the ESC Service Required warning is still there

I'll give it a go again tomorrow and have it recovered to B&C on Monday if it's no better.  I was saving up the minor stuff to make a B&C visit worthwhile, but the latest issue could be serious/dangerous depending on where and when it decides to happen.

A bit of Googling suggests that all of the above is not unheard of, the "joys" of being an early adopter, or same old Lotus...time will tell.  Either way, it's disappointing following the delays and all the talk of quality being top priority throughout the production process.

Good feedback Kenny. Can you post on @hml_xy's post on "Emira fault and niggles" so that any other owners might see if they have similar problems. A problem shared is a problem halved.

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/118759-emira-niggles-and-faults/#comment-1004447

43 minutes ago, jerzybondov said:

Isnt the noise on full lock common to the Evora too?

It's certainly common on Lotus Elan M100's. Sounds like a box of hissing snakes.

• Like 1