Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Collection Day Nightmare - 6 mile review - Page 5 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Collection Day Nightmare - 6 mile review

Niffty951

I always had a thing for the 928 growing up. Then I did some work on one, a 1985 I think. So naturally took it for a test drive. It was quite a disappointment, feeling heavy and cumbersome, certainly compared to a Lotus but also no better than my XJS. And the cabin felt cluttered, not special. I did like the rear hatch and practical boot. And of course the V8 was nice, as they always are. 8-) The transaxle is well thought-out and build as well. Certainly not a bad car, just not my cup of tea.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

31 minutes ago, Bruss said:

Lotus' surely.

Letter I got from Lotus in the 90's had Loti as the plural.

Ok I have to admit I was wrong with my 'S.

Apparently The letter you got from Lotus was Lotus' letter or Lotus's letter. Either can be correct.

The two or more Lotus were in fact two Lotuses.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Bruss said:

Ok I have to admit I was wrong with my 'S.

Apparently The letter you got from Lotus was Lotus' letter or Lotus's letter. Either can be correct.

The two or more Lotus were in fact two Lotuses.

Ermm, no. Read the official bulletin I posted, from when Colin was still in charge no less. No point in debating things or trying to apply general grammar, the man's word has to be final when it comes to his life's work.

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Lotus with a capital L is not a regular noun, but a name. "the semantic distinctiveness of names is matched by a syntax distinct from that of nouns;" (Oxford Academy)

I'm not saying Colin's ideas should never be challenged. Even about engineering as our knowledge advances and brings new insights. I just think we should respect his wishes when it comes to the name of his brainchild. Personally I prefer the Latin inspired 'Loti', but I've never used it after reading the official statements.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bruss said:

Err Just because CC didn't follow English as she is spoken doesn't make his every word right

Language is gender neutral - so "as it is spoken" please. Thank you.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Rambo said:

OMG, was the rubber glove needed to find the other end of the Prosecco bottle? 💩

That’s 10-11 days worth of empties that I never saw the wife drink 

Only here once

4 hours ago, Rambo said:

OMG, was the rubber glove needed to find the other end of the Prosecco bottle? 💩

That assumes it was a bottle, not magnum, Jeroboam, Methuselah...  the list goes on

Just now, Barrykearley said:

That’s 10-11 days worth of empties that I never saw the wife drink 

All I can say to that  is, Wow. 

I am glad for your sake and that of your kids that you're out of that situation. But, there's a whole discussion on that and we're not going to blur the topics.

• 2 weeks later...