Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random Pictures & Videos - Page 273 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Random Pictures & Videos

Bibs

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the subject of eating healthy and advertising, I'm always reminded of Lemmy and Ozzy. No one can argue their live styles were anything but unhealthy, and yet they made it to 70 (and counting in Ozzy's case) doing what they loved. Unlike those modern day rapstars that die from an overdose in their 20s. 🤘

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

You can also add David Gilmour, Roger Waters, Rod Stewart, Mick Jagger, Charlie Watts, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood, Roger Daltrey, Pete Townshend etc.... into that mix.

In fact, a lot of musicians of that era had a very unhealthy way of life and are still living, or died of a ripe old age.

Sex 'n drugs 'n rock 'n roll 👍

• Like 1

There’s an awful lot of musicians who don’t make old bones, yet they never get reported on unless they’re in the most well-known bands.

Daltrey and Townshend might still be alive, but Keith Moon and John Entwhistle aren’t. 

Margate Exotics.

This is how I am feeling right now. Is it worth it? Working working working to accumulate wealth yet when you retire you are too old to do what you want to do!

May be an image of 1 person, motorcycle, road and text that says "The Bikers Code The most dangerous risk of all- the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do けt later."

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Ask yourself @Kimbers how much do you really need to live out a happy retirement.  Then do the maths, and get there.

You don't probably need as much as you think you do. So do the maths (be realistic) and then do one :harhar: 

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

That’s why I retired at 59 @Kimbers, albeit after a lucrative 4 years in Saudi but that’s why I quit my job here in 2009.

When I declared my intentions to return to the U.K. in 2013 to the Saudis I was offered an eye watering amount of cash to stay for another 3 years. It was a tough decision to turn the offer down but I have never regretted it one bit, particularly with how my health panned out with the cancer diagnosis 3 years later. Me & the wife did a lot of travelling in those first 3 years after retiring, travelling to places and doing things which we would never have been able to do so after the diagnosis.

As @C8RKH says, when you sit down and do the maths you realise that you don’t need as much as you think you do to enjoy a happy retirement.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Mid August last year we moved from Kent to west Norfolk. Edge of a big town 4 floor 5 bed Victorian house to small village (300 people) 3 bed 20 year old house.  Quite nervous as to how we would fit in but need not have worried.  Love every minute of it here. I go back to kent for 4 to 5 days a month to work and can't wait to come back to home. Whilst we rent out the house in Kent I would never go back to live (too busy).     I guess you have to do the maths and research, take a big jump both feet in and make it work.  50% less council tax and fuel. Less insurance costs.   

We had 9 months in a 47 SQM annexe at the old house with most of our stuff stored at my parents.   We needed very little of it.

You have voiced this before  maybe make the jump. 

• Love 1