Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 156 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

6 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

You put virgins in an oven? Come on man, send them over here and I will send you a large turkey by return to put in it instead.

🤣

13 hours ago, swindon_alan said:

You put virgins in an oven? Come on man, send them over here and I will send you a large turkey by return to put in it instead.

An excellent exchange, but you'll need a huge box to put that V8 in.

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Well it’s my 3rd Vito Crew Cab Compact never had one problem with any of them, well one broken bracket on a glove box that is it on this one ( replaced under warranty) apart from that nothing I have never even bothered to check the oil, I have however filled up the screen wash.  Everyone drives them and they never, ever go wrong. Always buy an auto with comfort seats. They are the Rolls Royce of vans ride wise. 

This one is a 119 Cdi Sport, LED Intelligent lights, Heated seats, comfort seats (obviously), Park Assist so can park itself, reversing camera, Audio 40 with Apple car play and DAB, electric everything, in flint grey and hysterically 190bhp and can do 130mph. I haven’t seen it but I have never bought a van I have seen. It is also VAT down so I will get that back and £2 cheaper a month than the last one. 

I tried every other van but they are brilliant things, 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Yep Pete they are that good but also their residuals are so much better so actually on finance they are the better deal. I would have bought the one I have got but I can’t be paying £500 a month to drive into my capital city 

• Gold FFM

So look's like the show season entry forms have started to come in early this year so thought I would post this little snap I found.

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and outdoor

How many of you can relate to this one then.

• Haha 2

Lol, how did you stop it @jep?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

27 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Lol, how did you stop it @jep?

I hit 120+ in Stuttgart and eventually stopped when I hit the Dolomite mountains...…….

I only have standard discs and pads on the XJ6 and they are fab but yes, in Germany at over 110mph you do realise (especially two up with luggage for 18 days) that moderns stop so much faster. So generally it is wise to either have a clear run or allow plenty of room and anticipate the sudden move across your path from the lane right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got back from the vet, who is 95% sure my Blue Tongue Skink is female - she is still keeping her name of Bruce though ( thought Caitlyn was too on the nose hahaha )

He said she's beautiful and in great condition which made me very happy as she is my first real pet.

2 hours ago, Steve V8 said:

Cest une Renault

Il'est plastique 

Not the Renault sports. They are made in a different factory

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

3 hours ago, Steve V8 said:

Cest une Renault

Il'est plastique 

I do like a bit of French plastic...…..but this is not from a plastic cow and was a Renault UK option not Renault Factory. I am not a Clio voyeur but I am told it is very rare, especially with the standard RS seats not the option Recaro. Red is also unusual, as most RS leather is black with silver flashes. Who cares; but it makes me smile and is very comfy. And not CUP suspension, so tolerable ride and nifty, but not Lotus sublime, steering.

• Gold FFM

I only jest...they do look smart, very final edition Esprit-esk..

Not a Renault fan though, back in the velour days my Laguna was the comfiest most unreliable car I've owned...a very nice place to sit whilst waiting for the AA. 

• Haha 1

On 31/08/2018 at 13:24, andydclements said:

An unannounced cheque for £150. Not entirely unexpected, but the unknown bit was when (OK, if ever) it would arrive. The pleasing bit is not the money itself but the fact the other party's insurer must have finally agreed to foot the bill. This was a claim dating back to early 2016 when a car ran into the back of mine, the drive sped off but was so bad at doing it that after they'd started to make off, I had time to travel 200m-300m (from a standing start), drive round a roundabout and drive back to the spot and come face to face and see the numberplate etc. The  car's owner denied being there/ having a collision. 

I've had several insurance renewals since then (main car plus three classics) where I've had to declare it and I think it's been taken as fault claim. What's the betting I don't get any refund of premium. oh well, at least it's now a non-fault claim.

A letter arrived today from my insurer telling me that my NCB is back to 8 years (I lost decades' worth due to having only classics for a while), and that a refund of premium is being made back to the payment card. It's only £84 but it was money that i should never have had to pay had the person admitted (n a reasonable period of time) running into the back of my car.

Felt smug at being able to remove the radio on the RS Clio to reconnect the aerial lead that had come adrift; having found the correct U-section tool required to do this in my pile of 'I will need these one day' bits 'n bobs. Then felt a git when I could not put the radio back in; the cables were fouling. Red-faced to my audio guys, who acknowledged it was a known issue on Clio...……..and promptly slid it back home in 30 seconds. £10 down (voluntary payment) but happy. And they had a Lotus Sunbeam in the workshop; doubly happy.

• Like 1