Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 172 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

10 hours ago, DaveyT said:

Safely installed in her new Lancashire home, having done the trip from Bude with style and panache, not missing a beat!

not sure what to go for next.....

CFBEA515-B8D3-4362-B85A-C09B04BD1B2F.jpeg

Isle of Wight DL registration. Originally an island car?

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Normally they revert to the original plate though unless it was registered from new on his private number. Not many fast roads on the IOW anyway so it'd be wasted there. Although I did run my Excel on the island for a few months...

• Like 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Gold FFM
9 minutes ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

I love "old" fashioned keys. Turning it to crank the car is way better than holding a damn button. At least it's not touch screen - biggest pet peeve in cars. 

What I don’t get is I have to take the key out to open the car then get in the car then find somewhere to put the key.

I thought if they invented something like a small hole in the dashboard, where, oh I don’t know, maybe you could twist it so it didn’t fall out and you know where it is when you get out, that would be such a good idea.

if they were really clever they could make it part of the ignition system! One day hopefully 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Dan E said:

What I don’t get is I have to take the key out to open the car then get in the car then find somewhere to put the key.

I thought if they invented something like a small hole in the dashboard, where, oh I don’t know, maybe you could twist it so it didn’t fall out and you know where it is when you get out, that would be such a good idea.

if they were really clever they could make it part of the ignition system! One day hopefully 

Hahahahaha xD

My 370z Nismo had that, keyless, can leave it in your pocket to both unlock and lock the car, and start it. Also had a spring loaded hole in the dash so it sat safely and ejected when you wanted to.

Bmw are one of the worst for this - nowhere to put it!!

• 3 weeks later...

It arrived (see unhappy thread @C8RKH:thumbup:

602B6918-A842-42AE-A87A-8A534285D6E6.jpeg

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Following three weeks of not using my Exige over the festive break, I decided to fit my recently acquired AiM digital dash at the weekend.  My heart sank when I realised that following my last drive I had gone to the trouble of connecting the trickle charger, but I had failed to flick the switch on the socket.  Expecting the battery to be dead I pressed the button to unlock the car, that worked, so I thought I'd see if the dash lit up when I turned the key, it did, so I thought I'd try my luck and it started on the first press of the button and just as quickly as if I'd used the car the day before.  I guess that I must have got the good battery from the factory...they'll be looking for that!

The good news continued, as the new dash was simple to install and I'm really happy with it.

IMG_20200104_150543.thumb.jpg.d5b1d56a132190842491a846ab9c0736.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Finished my second lot of antibiotics fingers crossed it appears chest/lung infection has gone

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Avoided antis so far, but have scored some prednisolone from a mate so hopefully will haul out of it.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

I'll see you later on the Unhappy thread.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.