Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 173 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Took my car out in the winter. It went Brrrmmmmmm. and I drove it all myself. Yay me!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Commute home tonight in Elise S1 down the A3....wet, very windy. I wondered if the roof may blow away...Great fun though, Yokos worked well, cross-winds hardly flustered my steed. 

Justin 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kimbers said:

Took my car out in the winter. It went Brrrmmmmmm. and I drove it all myself. Yay me!

Was that a car indicating it's chilly since it's not in its usual cocoon of cotton wool?

Anyway, today sorted out one of those electric tilt beds for the parents, so Mum doesn't have to haul Dad to help get him out of bed. If it makes their lives a little easier then it makes me happier.

• Like 2

Might think this belongs in the unhappy thread but nope. 

Had my service with Back on Track today, couldn't be happier with it all.  Arrived a tad late due to traffic, but car went straight in and work began! 

Supercharger belt had a few nicks so replaced that, expecting a big bill after a quick google, wasn't unreasonable. He also took the time to fix up a leak on my windows, proof it didnt leak... he washed it!!

Very pleased. Thanks lads!

• Like 1

Accorsing to his videos, the only 2 cars in Harry's garage that he prepared for winter use, as opposed to preparing for winter storage, were his Elan and his Esprit.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• Gold FFM

First day under an Esprit since last September, having finally recovered from a ludicrous series of unfortunate events.  A huge waiting list to deal with now, but I'm happy as a pig in, well, Castrol Edge. :animier:

• Like 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

2 hours ago, Stuart Monument said:

Sold the Mclaren ... bitter sweet. However the feeling happy bit is that I have decided to dust the Elise off, change the oil and use the car at it should be. Early morning thrashes, track days and  general enjoyment. Loved the Mclaren but its beyond my skill level. Every time I drive the Elise S1 it feels slow until I realise its about braking later, perfect turn in and then pedal to the floor earlier. Looking forward to the spring already. 

I have been commuting in the Elise S1 for the past 3 weeks or so. Just magical. 118bhp is enough...love having more but sub-800kg and low bhp is heaven. 5GT much the same with added lag fun. 

Off to meet some fellow 340R chaps tomorrow....having said the above, will be taking 12c, its got winter boots so need to use them.

Justin 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Another wonderful, informative lunchtime at Watford Public Library.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Managed to repot some of my bonsai today, buds are opening on a few which isn't ideal but hey. 5 done, 28 or so to go. Back breaking work mixing all the soil as well, but satisfying to know it's done soon for at least a year if not two

Warm enough to not need a jumper while outside, quite nice down south!